OOC Thread

load previous
Oct 15, 2015 5:54 am
Qralloq, technically you do have to roll to try and cast Winter's Grasp. Since the spell has a Target Number (TN). You need to do a Magic test to see if you actually cast the spell, or if it fizzles. Just be careful when fizzling spells because if it fails to cast, and the dragon die result is a 1, a magical mishap happens and some bad stuff comes about.
Last edited October 15, 2015 5:54 am
Oct 15, 2015 5:57 am
Oh, I love magical mishaps. Just like wild magic surges. Fun times!
Oct 15, 2015 6:09 am
I do too, I hope someone out there has created a magical mishap table that is like 10,000 items long. One exists for wild magic surges like that. :)
Oct 15, 2015 6:10 am
The magical mishaps are introduced in Set 2, and in there they say that they only apply to spells with 'requirements', aka the more advanced spells. Is that still the case in the new CRB Phantom?

Either way, if the two mages want to play with magical mishaps on their basic spells, it would be pretty fun, though potentially brutal for you. It requires passing a Willpower(self-discipline) check against the spell's TN. A failure brings out the nasty chart based on dragon die. For example 5 = Lost in the Fade: The mage falls into a trance, their spirit lost in the depths of the Fade for 2d6 minutes. The mage is helpless during this time and vulnerable to a coup de grace.

I'll leave it up to you guys, it seems like shouldn't necessarily be necessary for the types of spells you're slinging now, but if you'd like to give it a whirl then so be it.
Oct 15, 2015 7:41 am
Since Bray is disarmed and he has two other weapons sheathed along with a shield, can I draw and attack in the same round?
Oct 15, 2015 12:10 pm
Oh no, you are right Grendel, it is only on more advanced spells.
Oct 15, 2015 4:16 pm
unique_exemplar says:
Since Bray is disarmed and he has two other weapons sheathed along with a shield, can I draw and attack in the same round?
As a minor action you can stow and draw a weapon, so you can draw a single weapon as a minor. You'll also need a minor action to stand up though.
Oct 15, 2015 4:22 pm
So, two minor actions and I'm done this turn?
Oct 15, 2015 4:52 pm
Well, I guess I figure that a person should be able to combine drawing a weapon while moving. So you could minor to stand up and draw a weapon, then major it into the bad guy's gut.
Oct 16, 2015 12:00 am
Brutal couple hits on Bray and Lockley! Stunts seem to come up a lot more often that I figured they would. Though I suppose the odds are actually 44% which is pretty high.
Oct 16, 2015 12:34 am
Oooh, Lockley got a magic stunt point. :)
Oct 16, 2015 1:06 am
One before I die, woot woot
Oct 16, 2015 1:17 am
In the future, we'll use the Spell Stunts table for Stunts when spellcasting. Most of them are similar effects to those on the regular stunt list, but more applicable to spellcasting.

Lockley's mind blast skirmish will stand, it makes sense moving people around in the mind blast.
Oct 16, 2015 1:33 am
One stunt, glory, one stunt before I go!
Oct 16, 2015 1:41 am
So ... Bray is getting the shit kicked outta him. Are there disengage rules? Don't want to pull back and have it bite me in the ass. Need to draw my shield... Crap. I bet you've been using my armor w/shield number included
Oct 16, 2015 2:00 am
There aren't any attacks of opportunity or anything like that. A minor action could draw your shield and move away, say half your speed. Then you could move again, or defend/attack as a major.
As for your defence value, just add a separate entry on your character sheet for future reference.

My justification for combining drawing weapons and moving is due to the rather complex 'ready' action which allows you to stow and draw a weapon, so I think moving half speed and drawing a weapon seems reasonable.
Oct 16, 2015 4:36 pm
Sorry spaceseeker, I love the idea to launch the guy into his friend, but after going to the map to update I realized he was about 8 yards from the villains in Bray's face.
Oct 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Ok, I have 5 SP to spend does that mean I can perform multiple stunts right now?! :-D
Oct 16, 2015 7:32 pm
Sure does! You can't bank them so Lay waste.
Oct 16, 2015 11:51 pm
Are we rolling badly our should we have avoided this fight?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.