OOC chat

load previous
Oct 18, 2015 4:25 pm
Bonny already detached the coal car, and she was already in the engine with the Cheyenne and Frank. Do you still want to shoot up the car, or would you like to amend your move? Can't change the roll, but if you want to change what you're trying to do, that's OK with me, given that most of what you wanted to do is already done.
Oct 19, 2015 10:45 am
Oops, sorry. I was posting in a hurry!

Yeah, let's just roll with it.
Oct 19, 2015 8:25 pm
I'm sorry that you've been having such bad luck with the rolls; I hope you're still having fun with it.
Oct 19, 2015 8:26 pm
spaceseeker19 says:
I'm sorry that you've been having such bad luck with the rolls; I hope you're still having fun with it.
With a game system as light as this one, failing is half the fun!
Oct 24, 2015 2:24 pm
I edited my post to include a roll
Nov 11, 2015 8:26 pm
Seems like this one has, no pun intended, run outta steam. :)

Since it's a bubblegum oneshot do we just tie it up?
Nov 11, 2015 8:35 pm
I've been really struggling to post in this one.

I think I've learned that one-shots of this style aren't my thing. I'm not going to quit though, so if there's still game to be played I'll keep chugging along.
Nov 11, 2015 8:43 pm
I've been having fun with it, though sometimes it is hard to wrap my head around all the craziness! I'm game to continue on to the conclusion :)
Nov 12, 2015 7:51 am
At the table, I tend to end this one of two ways: either one player achieves his/her character's goal, or everyone runs out of bubblegum and is incapable of doing anything mundane. The way the game has played out, achieving goals doesn't seem particularly likely, except for Bonny (and possibly Saul), but the end of gum is approaching pretty fast. It may be that Bonny has actually achieved her goal. What do you think?
Nov 12, 2015 10:21 am
I've been enjoying this a lot (particularly Clarence's stuff!) but it's been difficult fr me to come up with posts as I can't get Saul's goal straight in my head. Right now he's about to lead a cavalry charge against that monster dust bunny. But to what end? I can't get a grip on his primary motivation. Whatever happened to his vendetta against the outlaws who robbed him? I think the problem was I set myself up for a PvP situation against Bonny, which I of course can't follow through with as that would ruin Candi's fun (And she didn't bite when I tried a team-up instead). He's getting tossed around by events and doesn't know what he wants.
Nov 12, 2015 10:29 am
I, honestly, had expected more direct confrontation with Saul - but then you gave up when Bonny made to flee!

EDIT: I've played by keeping Bonny 100% aimed at her stated goal - take over the train. Teaming up with Saul didn't support that goal, and he was in her way - easier to flee than fight and so she did.
Last edited November 12, 2015 10:29 am
Nov 12, 2015 10:42 am
Yeah, Bonny has been totally on point, and it's a sight to behold. Any success Saul might have gotten if he'd kept trying to take her out would have ruined that. And continued failure would've been frustrating for me. If Bonny had been an NPC I would've tried to kill her outright. Like I said, it was a bad setup to start with, and totally my fault. So I tried to have Saul find a new motivation but I honestly couldn't come up with one that would stick haha!

Still having fun though :-)
Last edited November 12, 2015 10:45 am
Nov 12, 2015 10:58 am
I guess what I was trying to say is https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/85/fa/be/85fabefdbd4e4d3915a16840d7b31c8c.jpg
Nov 12, 2015 4:31 pm
Clarence's objective is just to get to Sante Fe, and he needs to get To San Francisco to do that. If Bonnie's in control and takes us to SF, that works for him. :)
Nov 12, 2015 4:44 pm
Frank is currently grappling with his goal :)
Nov 12, 2015 8:12 pm
I realize that I have erred with Clarence's location: writing that he had gone into the passenger car, when he explicitly stayed in the dining-car-converted-into-an-engine. This means that Clarence and the Snackatons are in the "backpack" of the Mechanical Man, hitched up to boost its boiler. The rest of the train - the passenger cars and the caboose - are hitched to the Mechanical Man's waist by use of a harness (at the moment), and Bonny has run down the arm to the passenger car to unhitch the train. So the two of them are not adjacent to one another, but they could probably yell across the gulf at each other.
Nov 14, 2015 7:46 am
Sorry about the wait - I will post an update early tomorrow.
Nov 18, 2015 1:28 am
Just wanted to touch base with you all:

We're either at the point where I'd wrap up the game at the tabletop, or pull out some final boogaboo for the players to interact with.

If we end it, we can do it one of three ways:
1) I can just do a final montage for each of the characters.
2) Each player can describe a bit of an Epilog for their character, such as "Persimmon awoke, hours later, cold and alone on the prairie with a snake arm. She went on to wander the west for the next few years, eventually meeting a mountain man named Jacques Belloq, whom she married. Together they moved south of the border and started a Coatl cult and propsered as heads of the church until her death in 1920."
3) Both of those.

What do you think? Do you want to continue for a bit, or wrap it up?
Nov 18, 2015 1:32 am
I'm willing to continue if everyone else is, but I've pretty much hit my goal lol
Nov 18, 2015 3:36 am
It seems like we are in a wrap up state, to me. I'm fine with either ending approach, or both.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.