Chapter 2.0 - Into The Black

load previous
Dec 11, 2015 1:08 am
I give her a firm handshake with my semi-robotic hand, and say "Eli, pleased to meet you. Probably best we sit down and hold down huh?"
Dec 11, 2015 1:18 am
Diego gives Jeapa a nod.

"Ma'am."
Dec 11, 2015 1:30 am
Jeapa stands as tall as any of you, and has a hard look about her. You've seen her type many a time back in the Rio Grande, and you'd peg her right off as a deputy or marshall of some border town. Her features are exotic, maybe slightly asian, and she is all ropey muscle, except for her oversized mechanical left arm. On her hip, she packs a stubby blaster.

She shakes Eli's hand firmly and nods at Eli's question. "G'dye. No worries, mates, we rarely lose containment in a class 3. Best prepared, though." Peaking out the porthole, she says over her shoulder, "where you boys from?"
Dec 15, 2015 10:49 am
In an awkward manner, Eli scratches his head with his mechanical hand and says, "Ahem, well, we are from a place called Rio Grande, in the Wild West if you've heard of such a place."
Dec 16, 2015 10:44 pm
"A mite different than what you might be used to here." Diego adds.
Dec 17, 2015 3:19 am
She nods, turning around to face you. "Not many from there come through here. Where you head-"

She's cut off by a loud bang that reverberates through the walls and floor. A thrumming vibrates the floor like a piano wire.

The public address system clicks on with a burst of feedback: "Warning: explosive decompression in main ring. All emergency personnel to stations. Emergency seals are on lockdown protocol. Please stand by."

Jeapa looks at the Egyptian. He stands up, grabs his helmet. "You need anything, officer. I got a half hour of air."

She puts her real hand on the door and yanks it back, hissing through her teeth. "Cold! Adiabatic pressure loss causes the temperature to plummet." She punches the door with her metal fist. "Damnation."
Dec 17, 2015 11:13 am
"Tell us what we can do to help, and by durn, we'll do it!", says a slightly nervous Eli
Dec 18, 2015 4:19 am
Unsure of what is happening Diego frantically looks about to see if he can figure out what he might be able to do to help.

Rolls

Perception Check - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Dec 19, 2015 2:30 am
Diego notices a compartment in the kitchen area, the markings on which indicate that an emergency kit may be found inside.

Jeapa pulls out a pair of eyeglasses and puts them on. A small flash of light plays across her left eye. She pauses, and then swears. "Wallaby tits!". Her right hand pats her hip, revealing a small holster blended into her clothing, and her robotic arm twists open to reveal a strange but obvious weapon. She hears the electric whine of the servos and frowns at her arm, which reverses itself to hide the blaster.

She looks at you all, taking you all in.

"Okay, central says that a bomb has gone off, and atmosphere is venting to space. Analysis is that whoever is behind this is after a weapons cache on the station. I'm against that. Okay, anyone who wants to be a deputy, we need to cross 200 meters of low pressure corridor to the lab. Then we probably need to fight. I can promise danger pay. Who's in and what's our plan?"
Dec 19, 2015 3:59 pm
Worried, but eager to feel useful, I step forward. "I don't know what to do, but I'm willing to help any way I can, ma'am."
Dec 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Diego will make a run towards the kitchen area and attempt to retrieve the emergency kit (if there is one) before returning to the foul-mouthed Jeapa.

"I'm in, but you're the only one that knows this place well enough to form a plan. What do we need to do?"
Last edited December 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Dec 19, 2015 7:14 pm
Eli activates his cigarillo holder (whatever form it takes on this recursion) and puts the sniper module on his spike rifle. "Good to go ma'am. Ill cross what needs crossin' and shoot what needs shootin'. But you know this ship and we don't, so the best plan is gonna have to come from you.
Last edited December 19, 2015 7:14 pm
Dec 19, 2015 8:03 pm
Inside the emergency kit, you find a large number of face masks and hoses, the hoses feeding the masks with oxygen. It looks like there are about 40, or enough for the restaurant at capacity. You also find a small number of magnetic strips with a velcro 'x-shape' attached, and you can see from the diagram that they wrap around the ankle so that your heel will stick to the metal floor. Lastly, there are 10 portable masks with small oxygen cannisters, each with about 10 minutes of air.

Diego pulls out the portable gear and Jeapa grabs a portable mask.

The hull of the station reverberates once harshly, and the thrumming vibration stops.

Jeapa gestures the restauranteers to hook up to the emergency air supply, and they scramble to do so as she starts to spin open the door. She stops before it is fully unlatched, and turns to you. The dog-headed Egyptian growls "Awuim" which you take to be his name, as he dons his helmet, and then helps you with your masks and velcro magnets, showing how to open the air release.

Once all ready, you nod at Jeapa. She looks at the people staying behind, and they give the thumbs up.

She says "Follow me, close. Walk on your heels cause if that patch doesn't hold, we'll vent atmosphere again and you might get sucked through a hole even if its only the size of a fist." She palms her blaster. "We need to get to the weapons lab, and make sure nothing gets out. If someone looks flaky, paste them. Nobody steals from my station."

"If they get free, they'll make trouble for everyone in this sector."

While you know she's not telling you something important about these weapons, she slams her mask on, expertly makes sure it's fitting, then spins the door to the open position. A hiss of air pressure equalizes and your ears pop, blood leaking down the sides of your heads [1 might damage]. The door opens and she steps into the corridor.
Dec 22, 2015 4:37 am
Holding his hands to his ears Diego follows quickly behind Jeapa.
Dec 24, 2015 12:53 am
Not sure what you might expect, but the corridor seems normal. There is a slight gust that disturbs the air, but it seems to be disapating. However, it is really cold. So cold that old people should start traveling south.

Your ears screaming in pain, your exposed skin turning white in the intense temperature, you follow Jeapa down the central circumferencing corridor. She jogs forward, certain of herself, passing three side branches before stopping at a fourth. She ducks low and peeks around the corner, then turns back and waves you forward.

Perhaps it is an artefact of speaking through the air mask, or the rarified atmo in the station, but her voice sounds thin when she says "I'll crack the door lock from that sec panel over thay-ah" she points at a terminal down the hallway, "then I want two of you sheilas to go in, one going left, the other right. Shoot anyone that is arm-ed. Then you," she continues, pointing at Eli, "take that rifle and stand jeest outside tha door. Cover your buddies but give me space to rush in past you once I'm done. Comprende amigos?" she drawls lazily in terrible mock spanish.
Let me know if you want to do any prep before the door opens, and then roll initiative por favor.
Dec 24, 2015 5:18 am
Just when Diego was starting to shake off the pain in his ears from the pressure difference they are assaulted by Jeapa's terrible Spanish. His grimace hidden by his mask he simply nods in acknowledgement and gestures that he'll go right. He draws his pistol machine gun and readies himself...
Last edited December 24, 2015 5:18 am

Rolls

Initiative [Trained] - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Dec 24, 2015 11:53 am
Eli stands just outside the door as instructed, rifle ready and on the lookout for hostiles

Rolls

Initiative (trained) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Dec 24, 2015 6:39 pm
I easily keep up with the woman, traversing the corridor with my usual grace by avoiding debris strewn about by the decompression. Focused on following orders, I reach for my weapon only to notice the strange design. Instead of a regular handle, it seems to have a kind of port that looks familiar. Once it clicks, I shudder, detach my hand, and attach the blaster.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Dec 25, 2015 1:40 am
He cocked his head and looked forward ernest ly although his eyes were closed. He had been here for a while and the odd message from the elders visions didn't seem to make sense until the chaos started.

When the earth shakes and the air cracks dance with the ones that run to the danger to face it. As emergency procedures and people panicked it brought the brazen out of thought. Pulling his own breather mask from his pouch he looked to the last of the strangers that gave him a hand gesture.

Maybe this was what he was supposed to see, grabbing heel anchors himself he gave chase to the group following the woman. "I come to help." he explained his hand going to an odd hook shaped weapon.
Last edited December 25, 2015 1:40 am

Rolls

Initiative (traimed) - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Dec 27, 2015 8:58 pm
Jeapa nods at the fourth helper, smiling grimly but warmly, and she points at Floats on Thunder and then at, lastly making a gun-finger gesture at the door. "Help him cover the othahs, mate," she says, in her strange singsong accent. Eli, who is holding a rifle opposite the door. Awuim, helmet firmly and enviably attached (you can bet his ears aren't bleeding) waits by the main corridor, keeping an eye lookout in case of... well, it's probably a good strategy.

She jogs down the hallway to a system terminal. A laser scanner recognizes her and she sets a security override to open the doors even though the place is on decompression lockdown. Her finger hovers over the touchscreen and she glances your way, making sure that you're all ready. Once AJ's blaster is in place (where his hand was a moment ago), she taps the screen.

The doors part slightly, and a hiss of air jets fiercely into the hallway, covering Eli and Floats with a shower of tiny, glinting particles, like metal filings. After a few seconds, and a loud metallic crash inside, the air equalizes and the doors swing inwards, open.

The room is a machine shop of some kind, full of workbenches, and odd mechanical tools. You can see a number of lathes, grinders and welding kits, and a number of unusual apparati.

There are four people in hard vacuum suits inside, one of them on the floor underneath a large industrial press which has toppled onto him (T1). Two of them are loading a large device, full of electronic readouts many of which are flashing alarming shades of red, onto a trolley (T2 and T3). The fourth (T4) whose back is to you, is madly grabbing at a system terminal to keep him/herself from toppling over backwards on her/his stool. All of them have large guns belted to their legs, except the one under the press whose blaster rifle is in his left hand.

Diego and Eli's actions will occur first, then the thieves, then AJ and Floats on Thunder. Jeapa will spend her action moving.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.