Pre-merge setup

Oct 24, 2015 11:03 am
Hey - this is thread and section for your duo. this is the place we will discuss and setup all the pre-story.
Oct 24, 2015 11:34 am
Thank you; it is awkward doing it entirely through messages.

Here's what I'd just put forth as an idea, followed by what you had just put forth as an idea. I will try to combine them both after I get some sleep (it is way past bedtime):

Some ideas: T'Jekyll is from a small clave in the Beyond well north of the Steadfast. Always interested in exploring, he found his way into a cave when he was young, and he spent a fair amount of tim exploring the cave. One day, he found a place with a small door that swung upward, and a series of buttons next to it. He opened the door and found a small cubby hole behind it, maybe 10 cubic feet in size. He thought of it as his secret place, and he put some prized items in the cubby for safe-keeping. But when he returned, he discovered that the cubby was empty, and one of the buttons was lit. He was bewildered; where had his things gone? Eventually he pressed the button, and when he opened the door next, he was looking out over the seashore overlooking on orange sea about halfway up a large copper tower that had grown green with verdigris. He closed the door in shock, and it reset to his cubby hole. But he found that he could return to the seaside tower by pressing that button before opening the door.

T'Jekyll then tried other items in the cubby, to see if they might have a similar effect. As he experimented, random, unrelated items of various kinds triggered more buttons to activate, and each one gave him a view of a different part of the world, or even a different world. He began to spend more and more of his time exploring the world through his "looking-door," learning about different places through long observation.

One day after he had survived the Ordeal of Adulthood, T'Jekyll returned to the cave and he opened the door to a view he'd seen many times before, of an upside-down forest growing down from the bottoms of clouds. He saw a women there that he'd seen before. She'd been talking to her friends, all of them beautiful but dispassionate of face with the bodies of sloths. She laughed, and then turned and looked directly at him. "I see you." she said in his mind, "and you will meet me." Since then T'Jekyll felt an intense desire to leave his clave and journey south, into lands unknown. He gathered together his supplies and took them to the cave. There, he pressed buttons to change the view of a different sea. He pushed through his bag and then squeezed through the door himself, falling out of the canopy of a small tree onto the turf outside the City of Bridges.

He felt the urge to leave tugging at him, but a counter impulse kept him there, until a ship bound for Qi arrived. Then his resistance faded, and he took that ship south as a stowaway, all the way down to Qi. It was there in Qi that T'Jekyll found OOLIN, newly escaped from her captors/programmers. T'Jekyll found that he could understand the language of some of the machines and biomods in her body. They continued together, following occasional bumps of direction ever eastward, toward the city of Auspar and the Dark Hills beyond.

There, in the foothills of the Dark Hills, they found a cave as has been described.

You both been caught by Aeon Priests during thieft attempt (you can compose the reason of it) in Malevich city of Stirthal, the trading hub of different Numenera seekers. The city was managed by very harsh mistress and her violent guards Thryns, but was very interesting place for your party - it was major trading hub between numenera hunters and different runaways from different non-Malevich countries who deicided to be numenera scarvengers and seekers.
You have been caught by Aeon Priests but them did not passed your fate to the hands of violent Thyrns and their mistress - to your surprise. They brought you to enclave order Head Priest, who gave you choice : or to participate in some risky venture by the Voil Chasm, towards The Black Riage mountains, or to be passed to the hands of violent Thyrns.
Of course the first option was taken, and the party mission was to help to secure Aeon Priest convoy towards edge city, Regel, which was situated on the edge of civilisation, at bottom of the Black Riage, and then to proceed alone to certain point, marked on map Aeon Priests gave to you. You needed to explore that place, find any numenera you can find there and bring it first to the Aeon Prist clave in Regel city, and find clues of lost Aeon Priest expedition which was sent there but did not returned.
They promised riches and very high rewards in case if the pair will return and bring valuable information, and may be even save and bring priests back. They explained that they do not want to risk Aeon Priest lifes anymore, and they prefer to send vagabonds like you first, before they assemble more potent and serious convoy in Regel.

I think the two ideas are compatible.
Oct 24, 2015 11:49 am
Yeah, if you desire to do so, they could be merged together into rich background story. There is alot of compatibility in them.
Oct 25, 2015 7:57 pm
Yes, thank you for setting this up! I'm sorry that I don't have anything more to contribute at the moment. I think there's enough here already though.

Putting in OOLIN's story here just for reference:
Quote:

OOLIN remembers little from her past. She knows that she is on the run from the shady organization that gave her her cybernetic implants. She has no idea for what purpose they 'built' her but she knows that for some reason they tried to destroy her. The organization attempted to destroy her remotely but all that accomplished was severing what control, communications and tracking link they still had on her. So she's in the wind, and trying to build a life of her own. Are they still looking for her? Who knows?

She has never had a name, only an alphanumeric designation/callsign. From what little she remembers from her time in the laboratories of the organization that made her what she is, they've only ever addressed her this way: N1700. It is etched onto the sole of her right foot. After she escaped, lost and alone, she has on occasion had to give her name to people she's met. "OOLIN". (which is N1700 read upside-down, of course!)

She meets T'Jekyll very soon after her escape. She has no idea who she was and what her life was before. She knows little about the world. She wouldn't have survived those first few weeks if it hadn't been for T'Jekyll, who is strong and capable and street-smart. Maybe they sought out the Aeon Priests. Maybe one of those unaffiliated claves, not the hardline Order of Truth ones. Maybe that helped OOLIN come closer to understanding what she is, but she wants to learn more, so much more! But wait she also helps her new friend. He's a thief, and OOLIN is good at sneaking in and out of places, so she helps him on expeditions.
OOLIN wants to learn all she can about the numenera. She collects cyphers and implants - particularly those that augment her mind, though in order to survive in the world she's not above acquiring those that enhance her physically as well. Ever since she has taken up with T'Jekyll, Oolin has been able to concentrate on her mental powers thanks to the other jack's physical prowess. T’Jekyll knows a few things that can help when OOLIN's implants malfunction.
Character sheet.

I just realized something: I didn't select Practiced in Armor as one of my two tricks of the trade. Somehow I thought jacks just had this ability. I think I'm going to remove the part I said before about OOLIN having Light Armor bonded to her skin.

Any ideas yet for our cyphers and oddities, Blackstork? Sorry, I'm just excited! :-D
Oct 25, 2015 8:05 pm
I need you to publiush your characters in order to proceed with Cyphers. Well, i prefer to do it when i have acess to your site CC. Please try to submit your characters and tell if Keleth fixed the problem. If not, I will roll tthe stuff and you add it later without CC now. I hope it will be fixed beofre we will need to inject characters into the game.

Also it would be helpfull to see pre-set extrenal CC for T'Jekyll, so i can do my own campaign considerations etc etc, and roll the cyphers/oddities
Oct 25, 2015 8:13 pm
Still unable to submit character to the game.
Oct 25, 2015 8:16 pm
Ok i will roll stuff now then. Btw, can you post it to library (you go to the character menu and then enable book icon) and then post it's link? I think i will be able to see it at least for now.
Oct 25, 2015 8:21 pm
Rolling Numenera for Oolin: (Using TC book)

Cypher 1
Stone Melt
Level: 6
Usable: Spray canister
Effect: A quantity of stone that can fit inside
a 5-foot (2 m) cube becomes sand when
sprayed by this cypher.

Cypher 2
Burrowing Bubble:
Level: 6
Wearable: Ring
Effect: Upon activation, for ten minutes, the
user is surrounded by a bubble of energy
that projects incredible heat outward, but
not inward. This bubble floats 1 foot (0.3 m)
in the air, inflicts 6 points of damage to all
within immediate range, and inflicts 3 points
of damage to all within short range. Further, it
instantly melts the material directly below (of
lower level than the cypher), and the bubble
sinks an immediate distance into the new hole
it created. This continues for the duration of
the effect, so a user who stands on the ground
when activating this cypher ends up about 800
feet (244 m) underground when it finally stops.
If the user concentrates, she can force the
bubble to move an immediate distance in any
direction she chooses as an action.
The user cannot penetrate the bubble,
and neither can forces from the outside. Not
even ambient damage gets through. Dealing
at least 50 points of damage to the bubble
(which has no Armor) destroys it. Damaging
the bubble does not harm the user inside until
the bubble is destroyed, at which point she
falls from whatever height the bubble was at,
which is at least 1 foot (0.3 m) in the air.

Oddity 1: Six small, clear plastic bags that can be sealed and are very durable

Oddity 2 : An asymmetrical polygon about the size of a fist that spins whenever placed on the ground with a particular side down

Rolls

Cypher 1 List - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Cypher 1 Roll - (1d100)

(41) = 41

Cypher 2 List - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Cypher 2 Roll - (1d100)

(39) = 39

Oddity 1 List - (1d100)

(24) = 24

Oddity 1 Roll - (1d100)

(66) = 66

Oddity 2 List - (1d100)

(72) = 72

Oddity 2 Roll - (1d100)

(70) = 70

Cypher 2 lvl - (1d6)

(2) = 2

cypher 1 lvl - (1d6+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Oct 25, 2015 8:26 pm
Great :) it works, so it could suffice for now, till Keleth will fix the bug
Pls add current pools (same as max)
and light weapons modifiers (-1 diff to attack) 2 dmg both

Both characters will start with 1 XP (from the cave event)

I will post cyphers very soon (in the roll post), and i already added the oddities in the roll post
Oct 25, 2015 8:40 pm
Btw OOLIN armor is 0, if you choose to remove her hybrid mesh
Oct 26, 2015 3:12 pm
Pls add skills and all stuff and xp, notes all the stuff - this helps a lot to manage to you and me
For Oolin - pls add cyphers I rolled.
I rolled T'Jekylls Numenera.Details at home with books

Rolls

Cypher 1 list - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Cypher 1 roll - (1d100)

(42) = 42

C 2 l - (1d20)

(6) = 6

C 2/roll - (1d100)

(97) = 97

Odd list - (1d100)

(46) = 46

C lvl base - (1d6)

(1) = 1

C 2 lvl base - (1d6)

(4) = 4

odd roll - (1d100)

(96) = 96

Oct 26, 2015 8:50 pm
Guys seems i misunderstood Keleth - now i changed something, please try to submit characters now and tell if it working!

Please update all the character sheets - cyphers, skills with proficiency etc, so it will be nice and clean so it will be easy for us to manage the game
Thanks!
Oct 26, 2015 8:57 pm
T'JEkyll Numeneras:

Oddity: Cloth mask that gives anyone who wears it itchy hives for one hour

Cypher 1 :
Intellect Enhancement
Level: 3
Internal: Pill
Effect: Substance adds 1 to Intellect Edge for one hour.

Cypher 2
Growth Serum
Level: 4
Internal: Liquid that is injected or swallowed
Effect: The user permanently grows a foot
taller. This process is painful and takes
28 hours, during which time the affected
character is impaired.
Oct 26, 2015 10:22 pm
PS if you can assemble your story and fill your CCs and submit them do that please because I going to inject you in 3 game turns. Cheers and lets have some fun - there a lot of stuff prepared for Act 2. Act 1 was test intro. Pls note that the setting is complex, riddled and challenging. It won't be breeze so it will need sheer amount of your creativity and cooperation :)
Oct 27, 2015 5:40 pm
Thank you. I'll finish it this evening; I have to dash for work now.
Oct 27, 2015 6:09 pm
Ok, from now - watch the game thread. Last big "cave" post is exactly the same thing that happened to you.
You found the cave (entered it) - (you still need to fill the cave background story - or you found it yourself or been sent by the Prists) and you had very similar experience as in the last cave transition post.

Your characters will paratroop into the game very soon.

Please sumbit your character to the game, and update it as much as you can.
Oct 27, 2015 7:14 pm
Please note that you ARE already in the game. Please sumbit your character and i will approve it (iyt is working) so you will be able to post in-character in the game thread. The game is started. We got to the turn in which your 2 characters already participating. Have fun and cheers.

PS Dont forget to put character pic :) It helps with immersion, which I value and preserve :)
Oct 28, 2015 6:48 am
There few issues with T'Jekylls sheet:

1. Descriptor Tough influences recovery rolls with Healthy ability. Your recovery rolls should be 1d6+2

2. T'Jekyll misses all his skills

Trained in Might defense
Training in one task of your choosing (not attack/defense) < pick this one
Trained in searching, listening, climbing, balancing and jumping
Flex Skill < pick this one

All should appear to the trained prof -

As i see you picked the SPD Defence -
This need to be added to skills (as skill) and to abilities (as skill enabler TotT) as well

So far 9 !!! Skills missing

And Abilities should appear in abilities section with description, Cast cost (in case of Action) or with letter E if its Enabler:

Healthy: +1 to recovery rolls [E]
Practiced With Light and Medium Weapons [E]
Flex Skill < [E] < need to add to the skills as well
Dark esoteries: esoteries have a dark trait [E]
Hedge Magic [1 INT]
Skill With Defense [E] < need to add to skills

T'Jekyll is character with alot of usefull skills, and it important to have them listed for yourself and for me

Cheers :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.