OOC Discussion

load previous
Mar 16, 2017 6:02 pm
Funny, I always forget about Sarith when I set up combat...
Mar 17, 2017 2:29 am
Wondering if/when Soliin is gonna come back? This might be an opportune time!
Mar 18, 2017 10:48 am
Hi guys! I'm back. So if I understand correctly Mai'ngor has taken 46 damage so far.

18+8+11=37
18 minus DR = 9

Mai'ngor has only 1 level of barbarian. He doesn't have Reckless Attack. :-)
Last edited March 18, 2017 11:20 am
Mar 18, 2017 12:47 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Hi guys! I'm back. So if I understand correctly Mai'ngor has taken 46 damage so far.

18+8+11=37
18 minus DR = 9

Mai'ngor has only 1 level of barbarian. He doesn't have Reckless Attack. :-)
Oops!
Mar 20, 2017 2:01 am
Reuesting clarification because I might be misunderstanding PHB page 195:
Quote:
Escaping a Grapple. A grappled creature can use its action to escape. To do so, it must succeed on a Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check contested by your Strength (Athletics) check.
If I attempt to escape (succeed or fail) that is mu action for the round - I can't attack. This is why I didn't attempt it last round and chose to attack instead. Actually I thought about using my once-a-day Misty Step (a bonus action) but decided I needed the Second Wind more at that moment.

Let me know if I've got it wrong and I CAN attack in the same round I attempt an escape.
Last edited March 20, 2017 2:02 am
Mar 20, 2017 2:52 am
In the interest of honesty, I think Hunter just lost concentration on Banishment. Didn't take damage, but she was incapacitated from the Power Word Stun.
Mar 20, 2017 2:53 am
You're right, it takes your action on your round to attempt to escape. Misty Step will get you out, though
Mar 20, 2017 2:54 am
CancerMan says:
In the interest of honesty, I think Hunter just lost concentration on Banishment. Didn't take damage, but she was incapacitated from the Power Word Stun.
I double checked when I cast it on her. Incapacitated only means you can't take actions or reactions, doesn't do anything to concentration
Mar 20, 2017 3:35 am
But you lose concentration if you are incapacitated. I'm looking at the Spellcasting section for Concentration (pg 203 of the PHB).
Last edited March 20, 2017 3:51 am
Mar 20, 2017 5:16 am
CancerMan says:
But you lose concentration if you are incapacitated. I'm looking at the Spellcasting section for Concentration (pg 203 of the PHB).
You're right! I'll take care of it next round :-)
Mar 20, 2017 5:19 am
Posted an action but it looks like I might have to edit as Mai'ngor failed his WIS save.
Mar 20, 2017 5:23 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Posted an action but it looks like I might have to edit as Mai'ngor failed his WIS save.
Nope, Hunter counterspelled it
Mar 20, 2017 5:57 am
Ah. I thought that might be in question as per the discussion above. Good to know then! :-)
Mar 20, 2017 4:25 pm
Yeah, I only thought about the Incapacitation after I cast Counterspell. Thought, "Seems odd that I can maintain concentration after being stunned."

And now that I look back, I put myself right in position to be the closest thing the barlgura sees. Wonderful.
Mar 21, 2017 1:07 pm
I gotta say, I enjoyed twisting the knife in Hunter and Mai'ngor *evil chuckle*
Mar 21, 2017 1:17 pm
Yeah, damn you, I actually felt that!
Apr 2, 2017 5:10 pm
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
If you want to purchase anything, do so now. I'll advance the game tomorrow
I'm good. Thanks.
Apr 7, 2017 7:11 pm
Sorry for the long list. In hindsight, I should have enclosed the wish-list in a Spoiler box and rolled a d20 on a single line on a 1-to-1 basis.
Apr 7, 2017 7:22 pm
CancerMan says:
Sorry for the long list. In hindsight, I should have enclosed the wish-list in a Spoiler box and rolled a d20 on a single line on a 1-to-1 basis.
No big deal. I can scroll through it just fine :)
Apr 11, 2017 5:10 pm
I am going to apologize in advance, because I was a total idiot when I started this game. I never tracked much of anything for events, and we're so far in that I don't want to go back and read through to provide a timeline of events as I have done with some other games. From here on out, I will provide a timeline of events for you to make following the story easier!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.