OOC Discussion

load previous
Jul 29, 2020 7:59 pm
Did we loose Deathwake? Man, sure hope we don't have to fight anything...
Aug 5, 2020 2:47 am
Being down to three players does make this more difficult 🤔
Aug 5, 2020 9:10 pm
Time for another ad in the tavern maybe?

*We def need a tank
Last edited August 5, 2020 9:11 pm
Aug 7, 2020 2:49 am
Hello hello 👋

I know the party is in need of a tank. What classes are already present?
Aug 7, 2020 3:00 am
Hello!
We've got an arcane trickster rogue, a wizard, and a lower level bard.
Aug 7, 2020 3:00 am
A mid-level Bard of Valor, an Arcane Trickster, and a Divination Wizard.
Aug 7, 2020 3:05 am
Cool, cool.

I'm leaning toward either some flavor of paladin, or an eldritch knight to keep with the "everyone is a little bit magic" theme you have going already
Aug 7, 2020 3:16 am
I'd vote paladin. Divine magic and healing would be great. And and smites.
Aug 7, 2020 6:10 pm
Hey guys! I'll be back later to put together a character, but I wanted to quickly introduce myself for the time being: I'm your newest teammate! Naat already got me up to speed with the current situation, so yeah, now it's just a matter of locking a character and then I'll be ready to go.

So far the concept I'm inclined to play is based on Lu and Ciel from Elsword: a mercenary/bounty hunter who had to sell his soul to a demon in order to survive, and his patron who tags along with him in the form of a little girl. The idea being that she's stuck in this form because she used to be a powerful demon lord, but then her peers turned on her and sealed her in order to usurp her position, and she had to use up most of her power, to the point of regressing to child form, in order to escape. Oh, and the demons who did that to her? They just happen to be the antagonists of this campaign, so yeah, that's why this unlikely duo, after many misadventures, ended up being employed by the Council of Spiders, and from there they'll be joining the party.

Mechanically this is going to be a half-elf, rogue (assassin) 3/warlock (the fiend) 8, going for a skill money/dex fighter kind of build, with magic there for support and additional damage. I hope you guys like this concept: as an alternative, since it seems to me this party is somewhat lacking in terms of healing, I was also considering a warlock (the celestial) 3/sorcerer (divine soul) build, to provide magical versatility as well as healing. I don't have a concept locked for this second build but I mean, it would be a character whose flavor revolves around divinity and sanctity: making such a character fit in a party that fights demons should be easy enough.

So yeah, while I do look forward the opportunity to play the badass warlock and little girl who's actually his patron duo (it's an idea I've had in mind for a while), I'm absolutely ok with switching to a concept capable of better helping the party, if you guys so prefer. Your thoughts?
Aug 7, 2020 6:24 pm
I generally fall into the school of "Play What You Want," so I won't try to influence your character decision. I'm just happy that you're here!
Aug 7, 2020 6:33 pm
Great concepts Tears, I would think either concept would work but the divine soul build would add something we don't really have at the moment. Between our bard and our rogue we have a fair bit of skill monkeying going on but no real healing.

Claypigeon a paladin would be most helpful, especially considering the demonic nature of this module.
Aug 7, 2020 6:34 pm
I'll be on a hiking trip today through the 12th so feel free to NPC me if needed DM, I will post as soon as I'm back on Tuesday
Aug 7, 2020 8:04 pm
dominion451 says:

Claypigeon a paladin would be most helpful, especially considering the demonic nature of this module.
I went with a paladin build! Finalizing some gearing stuff, and then I'll be ready to hop in whenever the introductions happen.

Welcome aboard, Tears. I just joined as well, fellow newby
Aug 7, 2020 9:40 pm
Character submitted: in the end I went with the Divine Soul Sorcerer option, because it felt like it could contribute more to this party... Although there is a twist: the patron for the three level of Warlock is a Fiend! Yep, this powerful spellcaster with the blood of angels has made a pact with a demon: it is the ultimate fusion of good and evil, of light and darkness, it is the powers of heaven and hell coming together to create the definitive distillation of perfect magical might. BEHOLD THE SUPREME INCARNATION OF ARCANE DOMINATION!

https://elwiki.net/wiki/images/1/16/SRReady.gif

ARE YOU INTIMIDATED YET?
Aug 10, 2020 3:50 am
I've been getting the new players ready, so I apologize for the delay. I will have an update in the next day or two. I will probably skip ahead a tiny bit to the meeting with the Council.
Aug 11, 2020 8:58 pm
Tears.Of.Tomorrow says:
BEHOLD THE SUPREME INCARNATION OF ARCANE DOMINATION!

https://elwiki.net/wiki/images/1/16/SRReady.gif

ARE YOU INTIMIDATED YET?
Bwa-hahahahaha!!! Nice.
Aug 14, 2020 2:55 am
Have you accepted my character by chance? I can't "post as character" with him
Aug 14, 2020 2:56 am
claypigeons says:
Have you accepted my character by chance? I can't "post as character" with him
Done! Sorry about that
Aug 14, 2020 11:10 am
I made a post but not even half came out. Is there a cap on post length? Because if so, it is ridiculously short o.O

EDIT: nvm figured out
Last edited August 14, 2020 11:58 am
Aug 14, 2020 5:34 pm
Etiquette question: when somebody asks me a question IC, is it ok if I reply straight away? Or should I wait until everyone has made at least one post since my last one before I post again?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.