Absences

load previous
Nov 18, 2016 1:43 am
Staying in a cabin all weekend, not sure what the internet situation will be. Probably won't be posting very much Friday - Sunday.
Dec 6, 2016 3:19 pm
Alright. I was hoping not to have to end up posting this but work life and family life have become more time consuming so I won't have time to post here anymore for at least the next foreseeable 6-months to a year. I'm sorry to all my players, and to the DM's running the games I've been playing in for disappearing for the last 3-4 weeks, but I won't be able to continue the games. I'm going to leave things as they are in case my players want to hang around in the hopes things clear up sooner rather than later, or if any of my GMs want to keep the characters in the game. I will leave it to their discretion if they want to boot me from the games. Again, not entirely sure when I would have a chance to become more active again in 2017.
Dec 6, 2016 4:28 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
Alright. I was hoping not to have to end up posting this but work life and family life have become more time consuming so I won't have time to post here anymore for at least the next foreseeable 6-months to a year. I'm sorry to all my players, and to the DM's running the games I've been playing in for disappearing for the last 3-4 weeks, but I won't be able to continue the games. I'm going to leave things as they are in case my players want to hang around in the hopes things clear up sooner rather than later, or if any of my GMs want to keep the characters in the game. I will leave it to their discretion if they want to boot me from the games. Again, not entirely sure when I would have a chance to become more active again in 2017.
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully things clear up sooner rather than later :)
Dec 6, 2016 6:01 pm
I totally understand -- and that sucks man!

However real life is more important than PbP so feel comfortable that as both a GM and a player for you I'm 100% behind your decision and hope we see you back on board sooner rather than later.
Dec 6, 2016 7:02 pm
You're certainly going to be missed around here but yeah, you gotta do what you gotta do. Hope to see you back when the planets are better aligned!
Dec 6, 2016 11:26 pm
Heads up -- into the Christmas season, I'll be doing some work and then some travel. Next week Tue - Fri I'm traveling for work (CA and CO). Then Saturday I gotta get me some Rogue One time. Then Sunday I fly to Sun Valley for a week of skiing (back on the 24th). Which means that after Monday (12/12) I'll probably be scarce until 12/26.

My games also get a copy of this to inform GMs and players.
Dec 12, 2016 2:08 pm
I have this issue with the internet. It works fine during the day then around 4 or 5 in the evening it just goes to pot (yes, I know, that makes absolutely no sense- as if my internet is connected to an old 50's tv antennae). So I may or may not be on. The cable guy comes tomorrow evening so hopefully after that Ill be solid.
Dec 12, 2016 6:18 pm
Hmm, that's weird. You know, the first thing that comes to my mind is that maybe your neighbors are jacking your wi-fi at around this time.
Dec 12, 2016 7:58 pm
Could be a contention issue on your local network, at that time I'd imagine most households around you would have people coming home from school/work and would all start pilling onto the tinterweb
Dec 13, 2016 5:19 pm
That too could be the issue. Of course, starting at 4-5 pm every day, it pretty much coincides with people coming home from work...
Dec 22, 2016 8:38 pm
I'm going to be out of town between 12/23 and 1/3. Will try to post as much as I can, but my participation will probably be reduced
Dec 23, 2016 1:25 am
Not going away, but tomorrow, I'm getting operated to get a cyst removed from my finger. This will most likely make typing more arduous while I recuperate, so my posting will probably be reduced somewhat.
Dec 23, 2016 1:32 am
No, you'll lose your pcystic powers!

(SRSLY, tho, GL with that.)
Last edited December 23, 2016 1:33 am
Jan 2, 2017 3:27 pm
I have been a holiday bum the last couple of days, even with the Keep on the Borderlands that I am running. Alas it has been hard, chicken and andouille gumbo has hit us really hard (a gumbo that you crave but then it renders you completely. But I have returned and will be ticky-tacking today.
Jan 3, 2017 6:20 pm
I am going to be starting a new job on Monday, 1/9/17. I don't yet know how this is going to affect my posting, but I wanted to let you know that I may be posting more or less depending on how demanding the job is.
Jan 3, 2017 7:27 pm
No problems Naat. I'm still posting sparingly in other games, keeping my posts as short as possible while letting my finger heal. I haven't posted in the PF game because, as the GM, I can't really afford to keep my posts short... But I assume that by the end of the week, or the start of the next, I should be back to my old posting habits.
Jan 6, 2017 6:14 pm
Another busy weekend ahead. Will be unable to post until Sunday evening. Cheers!
Jan 7, 2017 3:49 pm
Sorry -- have been very ill for past few days. May be able to post Sunday.
Jan 12, 2017 5:48 pm
All -- sorry for the slower week from me. Business travel yesterday and various packed calendars. Will try and get things updated shortly!
Jan 19, 2017 3:13 pm
Not abscent, just somewhere else! We may be in the possible processes of buying a house, a house which I have coined The IF House to not jinx or evil eye it at all. So most of my brain is in that realm, the worst of all, the realm of possibilities, and thus can barely afford a bit of mental memory for anything else. For me it is the most stressful of things, and I have both moved and gotten a divorce. My brain cannot get out of the tedious web of possibilities, though everyone around me says it is gong to be alright.

Thus, obviously, my posts will be delayed.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.