0.0 - Another Day On The Job

load previous
Nov 10, 2015 2:55 pm
"Lock and load then, gents! Let's hope that's the last bum luck we're going to get today. Let's move out!" With a thought, Kessel activates the sonic implant embedded in his skull, trigerring the soundtrack he's prepared for this mission. The audio feed is routed into the party's commlink. "You're gonna dig these jams, man!" says Kessel to Mack with a grin, before jumping out of the vehicle. "Breecha, let's break some doors down!"

"The Game Has Changed" by Daft Punk
Last edited November 11, 2015 4:02 am
Nov 10, 2015 4:09 pm
The van's rear double-doors open, and there is a soft whine as Breecha's joints smoothly uncoil. In the same motion, he draws his pistol from its holster. He exits the vehicle and moves in a tactical crouch towards Kessel, shield at the forefront.

OOC: We heading to the front door, or back? Breecha will follow Kessel, regardless; I just didn't want to over-commit to one or the other in my actions.
Nov 10, 2015 4:19 pm
"Quick, Breecha, gimme a tactical assessment of a frontal assault versus a breach through the rear." Even though Breecha defers to Kessel for orders, the technomancer sees the military A.I.'s superior tactical mind as a highly valuable asset.
Nov 10, 2015 4:24 pm
"Or perhaps a pincer move? BR33CH-A and Kessel go in the front. Mack and I will come in the rear, our quarry is less likely to make an escape, I would think."
Nov 10, 2015 4:43 pm
Mack quirks an eyebrow. "Well -- if we go in shooting the cops'll know for sure where the hacking started -- but perhaps with the hullabaloo here they'll think it was something gang-related given the fight we're about to have." He shrugs, "So -- do we go in hot and noisy or try and do this quiet like?"

Regardless, Mack follows Preserver towards the back door.
Last edited November 10, 2015 4:44 pm
Nov 10, 2015 5:37 pm
"Assessment: Two-Man Battle Teams Is A Good Tactic," Breecha responds. "But Target Is In South Room On Second Floor. Both Back Stairs And Interior Stairs Lead To North Wall On Second Floor. Security Of Back Door Unknown. Accessibility Through Back Door Unknown. Rear Entrance Battle Team May Be Delayed Bypassing Back Door Protocol."

Breecha continues, "Front Entrance Recon Shows Several Guards Inside At Stairs. Front Entrance Battle Team Outnumbered For Assault."

After some consideration, Breecha says, "Proposition One: Recon Back Door With Four-Man Fire Team. Eliminate Guards And Bypass Lock Through Electronic Key Or Forced Entry. Once Inside, Proceed Down Each Side Of Balcony To Office.

"Proposition Two: Enter As Four-Man Fire Team Through Front Entrance. Eliminate Guards At Stairs. Access Second Floor And Proceed Down Each Side Of Balcony To Office.

"Proposition Three: BR33CH-A and Commanding Officer Battle Team Secure Rear Entrance And Gain Entry. 9R353RV3R And Winchester Battle Team Enter Building As Clientele, Recon Stairs And Possible Resistance. Use Signals To Coordinate Assault. Once Back Door Breached, Eliminate Guards At Stairway, Rendezvous With Entry Team, Proceed Down Each Side Of Balcony To Office."

For those with optical HUDs, computer models overlay on the schematic of the club showing the possible routes.
Nov 10, 2015 5:44 pm
Almost as an afterthought, Breecha adds, "Proposition Four: Persuade Guards To Allow Entry To Target, Under Guise Of A Business Meeting."
Nov 10, 2015 5:44 pm
"Forget that last one. They'd never let you in for a "meeting." Proposition 3 seems our best bet. Mack? Preserver? We gotta decide quick, guys!"
Last edited November 10, 2015 5:46 pm
Nov 10, 2015 5:47 pm
Hey, guys, check the feeds Preserver nabbed. Front door. PHANTOM chimes in as Breech-a is listing out his plans.

On the front entrance feed you see a client come into the establishment. The front two guards frisk the man quickly and take a small pistol from him. Putting it into a temporary holding system. It would seem guns are taken at the door.
Nov 10, 2015 5:55 pm
Mack winces, "Thanks P-h." Mack likes nicknames. "I suppose that means I should take the back door if there's going to be some shooting." He considers, "Unless P-h you think they'd let me get in without any ammo. Seems like a long shot though." Hands on his holstered pistols he says, "Back door it is. If we go in the back door is there a chance Claw escapes without getting through us? That seems like the biggest risk to a 4-man fire team."
Nov 10, 2015 5:59 pm
"BR33CH-A, I completely agree with your assessments, and my opinion has changed. We should stick together. Going in the front we fight our way to the target, going in the back we likely end up fighting our way out if we act swiftly enough. I'm for the frontal assault. Then we can choose the best way out."
Nov 10, 2015 6:02 pm
Mack pulls out his pistols. "The frontal assault it is. Can one of you keep an eye on the feeds and see if Claw makes a break for it?" Mack then heads towards the door of the establishment. "I'd rather not be the first one through in case they start throwing punches. I bruise easy."
Nov 10, 2015 6:08 pm
"Breecha, the door, if you please".

If there's a security cam at the front door, Kessel kills it at the same moment Breecha blows the door down. (On/Off cantrip)
Last edited November 10, 2015 6:09 pm
Nov 10, 2015 6:14 pm
Don't forget travelers, you may want to ready yourself for action. A fast approach will gain you surprise. Better make use of it. PHANTOM relays over the comms.

GM. You will get a free surprise round. So you can ready actions and make the best of things. After everyone has gone we can roll initiative for how this will play out.
Nov 10, 2015 6:20 pm
OOC: What kind of door(s) are at the front entrance? One single door that opens to which side, or double doors? Also, based on the feed, which side of the door are the two guards located? I am assuming they're goblins?
Nov 10, 2015 6:23 pm
The front entrance consists of two wooden doors. From the video feed you saw two goblins, one on either side of the doors. They were wearing slick suits, and you would guess with the attire they probably have handguns strapped in side holsters underneath the jackets.
Nov 10, 2015 6:36 pm
The assault robot proceeds towards the front entrance. He pushes through the double-doors and moves his shield to his left to block off the guard. With his right hand, Breecha raises the pistol and uses the opportunity of surprise to aim, and fires at the goblin on the opposite side.

Rolls

Pistol vs Goblin, Damage - (1d20+4, 2d6)

1d20+4 : (19) + 4 = 23

2d6 : (52) = 7

Nov 10, 2015 6:52 pm
As Breech-a enters the building the Goblin to the right of the doors, without looking up starts to say, "Weapons." As he looks up his look becomes wide-eyed bewilderment. The goblin tries to say something as he is blasted with the pistol, he is knocked back about a foot by the sudden hit.

The other one, Cut, shouts, "Scratch! Shit!" As he scrambles to try and inholsters his weapon.

Just before this all breaks out you see the feed that was watching the front door go to static as the camera is switched off.

Damage:
Scratch (goblin): 7 dmg
Cut (goblin): 0 dmg
Nov 10, 2015 7:06 pm
Mack follows Breech in through the door and fires off Firebolt through his left-hand pistol.

Rolls

Firebolt (I think I'm doing this right) - (1d20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Nov 10, 2015 7:09 pm
As the hammer of the gun slams down Mack expects a mote of fire to erupt from the gun. Unfortunately instead the spell fizzles and only a small puff of smoker flows out of the barrel.
load next

Thread locked