Chapter 1, Day 3: Skull Gorge Bridge

load previous
Dec 19, 2015 3:46 pm
My eyes open with energy I thought was lost along with my strength to stand. Seeing Paws above me, I smile at her as I stand, surveying the battle. "What did I miss?"

Rolls

Healed by the staff - (1d8+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Dec 21, 2015 2:20 pm
Jorr fires another arrow at the archer in the distant tower, striking him between the eyes and ending his life.

Map Updated

1 Injured hobgoblin on the bridge engaged with Kaiakas and Pawetha, one archer and the dragon are all that is left.
Dec 22, 2015 5:35 am
I see a pile of gold buried in that spot by the ruins, and none of my compatriots there to claim it. I rub my hands together in glee.

Rolls

Death Save 1 (a little early) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Jan 5, 2016 4:21 pm
Kaikas, healed by the magic of the staff, gets to his feet and drives his blade into the gut of the hobgoblin engaged with himself and Pawetha. The goblin, surprised by the previously dead paladin's sudden attack, is struck dead by the blow and topples off the bridge into the gorge below.

Warklegnaw charges across the bridge and heaves his club into the air. The small tree trunk knocks loose a few pieces of stone as it collides with the tower, and the remaining hobgoblin archer, ending his life swiftly.

Rurik steps back and unleashes a blast of eldritch energy at the dragon. The blast hits, but it does not stall the dragon's approach. Corban steps up over Xara, protecting his fallen ally, and picks up the staff. He holds it aloft, instinctively, and it releases a blast of healing energy into Xara's fallen body. Her eyes spring open, and, seeing nothing but a wall of green scales, instinctively stabs the dragon in the foot as she stands.

Sorry I just took half of your turns, but it's been weeks since we've had a post and I wanted to move this along. Dragon's turn coming in a moment. Also, everyone gets inspiration as a peace offering for taking over your characters. Even those who I didn't take over!

Xara heals 2d8, staff is at 6/10 charges
Jan 5, 2016 4:24 pm
"Pitiful." the dragon snarls, noxious clouds floating from its mouth as it talks. It drops its head and head butts Xara (13 vs AC, 14 Damage), it's tail slapping at Corban while it turns (7 vs AC, 15 Damage).

Player turn. Map Updated only enemy left is the dragon.
Jan 5, 2016 4:53 pm
Pawetha moves 20' forward until she is by the base of the nearest tower (and away from the gorge). Sliding to her knees, she pulls a bit of fleece from her lined tunic and points at a space behind the dragon's head.

From that designated point, a deep rumbling voice shouts in Draconic, "Frolok tir undin hi!" Its growling words loosely translate to Look out, behind you!

Casting Minor Illusion to distract the dragon and hopefully provide advantage to the party. Intelligence (Investigation) check vs Spell Save 12.
Jan 5, 2016 5:06 pm
Instinctively, upon hearing the booming voice of another dragon, the great beast spins his head and prepares to deflect the imaginary attack. In doing so, he leaves himself exposed (All attacks against the Dragon have Advantage)...

Failed save
Jan 5, 2016 6:02 pm
This is the moment I've been waiting for! I stab furiously at the dragon before pulling away from it.

Ooc: Disengage

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Attack with advantage - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

Damage - (1d8+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Sneak attack damage - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Heal - (2d8)

(55) = 10

Attack (using inspiration?) - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

Jan 6, 2016 9:43 pm
This could be the turning point we need!" Zaris says with glee as he moves to the base of the tower for the slim bit of cover it provides. He aims his wand yet again at the back of the dragon's head and whispers an ancient elven prayer hoping to drive the dragon away. He watches with satisfaction as the icy blue streaks of energy leap from his wand and race through the air to embed themselves in the dragon's body.

Rolls

Missile 1 - (1d4+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Missile 2 - (1d4+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Missile 3 - (1d4+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Jan 11, 2016 4:21 pm
Xara stabs repeatedly at the distracted dragon, and while she is able to hit the beast easily, her daggers find nothing but thick scale or are otherwise deflected off its hide. She rolls backwards and puts space between her and the soon to be angry dragon.

Meanwhile, Zaris unleashes a series of magic bolts, that unerringly strike the dragon in the back of the head.

Jorr takes a few steps back and looses an arrow that sinks into a soft spot in the creatures shoulder joint.

Xara misses a lot, Zaris hits with magic missile for 8 damage, Jorr hits with an arrow for 7 damage. Corban, Kaiakas, Rurik and Warklegnaw still to go
Jan 11, 2016 4:29 pm
I cough up acid tinged blood as the healing magics course through me, I point at the dragon tiredly and loose an eldritch blast at it.

Rolls

Healing magica - (2d8)

(31) = 4

Attack roll - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Eldritch damage - (1d10)

(4) = 4

Jan 12, 2016 12:56 pm
Seeing the opportunity by the distracted dragon, I charge forward to strike with the full fury of Tyr.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

Attack (advantage) - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Divine Smite (Radiant damage) - (2d8)

(37) = 10

Damage - (1d8+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Frost brand - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Jan 15, 2016 3:54 pm
The giant continues streaming across the bridge, leaving you to do battle with the dragon, and starts to dismantle the hobgoblin camp - searching for cowards amongst the tents.

Corban, you're up wherever you are!
Jan 21, 2016 2:11 pm
Corban raises his blade and lunges forward, striking the distracted dragon and relieving it of a few scales (8 Damage).
Jan 21, 2016 2:14 pm
The dragon roars in anger, it surges into the air, giving Corban a chance to strike at it again (6 damage). As swiftly as it rose, it slams back to the ground on the bridge between Kaiakas and Pawetha, lunging for the druid who so irritatingly distracted (and embarrassed) the fierce creature (Claws: 9 vs AC, 12 Damage, Bite: 21 vs AC, 11 Damage).

Players are up. Map updated
Jan 21, 2016 4:13 pm
"Made you look," Pawetha smiles weakly as the dragon's bite nearly cleaves her in half, bringing her to the brink of unconsciousness. She pulls herself free of that toothy maw with a trail of her own blood, and reaches to her belt pouch for a potion. Pawetha bites the stopper off and downs the vial's contents in one tankard-swilling take.

The ranger crouches and slips under the dragon's bulk to Move Through Its Space to the other side.

OOC: I'm assuming the potion will take up my entire Action. Also that the dragon's size compared to mine allows me to move under and get behind it, without leaving its space for opportunity attacks.

Rolls

Potion of Greater Healing - (4d8+4)

(7847) + 4 = 30

Jan 21, 2016 7:22 pm
Without a moment of hesitation, Zaris steps forward again aiming his wand at the green wyrm. He certainly feels that the battle will soon be theres. "If you want to live dragon, then yield!" he shouts loosing three more orbs of blue-white energy.

Rolls

MM 1 - (1d4+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

MM 2 - (1d4+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

MM 3 - (1d4+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Jan 25, 2016 1:15 pm
Pawetha slips under the dragon's massive size and scurries to the other side while drinking a potion. Then, a series of magical bolts leap from Zaris' wand and splash the dragon in teh face. It lets out a defiant bellow in response, and puffs of poison gas begin to float from the back of its throat.
Jan 26, 2016 3:02 pm
Jorr keeps his distance and fires another arrow at the dragon. The constant battering is slowing the dragon down, it steps forward but the footfall is heavy...
OOC:
Kaiakas, Ceadron Rurik, Corban are left to act. I'll resolve Corban's action once the other two are done.
Jan 26, 2016 5:46 pm
While my friends keep the dragon occupied, I go in and attempt to poke some holes. Then, I disengage and start running towards its back, hoping it loses track of me...

Ooc: disengage!
Last edited January 26, 2016 5:48 pm

Rolls

Attack! - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

Attack! (w/advantage) - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

Damage - (1d8+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Sneak attack damage - (1d6)

(1) = 1

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.