Jorune: Strange Allies Sequence 1.2

load previous
Nov 28, 2015 3:54 pm
Miniri falls off the talmaron, and then avoids a snap from the foul beast. She hisses at it and flees for cover, not stopping until she is in the trees. She peeks back out from behind a tree, wondering why the others are dawdling.

She looks around, curious as to what is around them.

Rolls

Listen (20), Spot (15) - (1d20, 1d20)

1d20 : (16) = 16

1d20 : (6) = 6

Nov 29, 2015 3:12 pm
OOC: I was positive I rolled agility before along with everyone else but reading through the thread I see that either it didn't take or I just plain forgot!

Having landed his talmaron with seemingly practiced ease, Gythaar secures his gear and studies the platform as well as what he can see of the people on the forest floor far below. He has never been in this area before and unsurprisingly knows absolutely nothing about it. He decides the time will be best spent acquainting himself with their new companions.
Last edited November 29, 2015 3:22 pm

Rolls

Agility 16 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Spot 14 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Listen 12 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Traveler 6/F - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Dec 1, 2015 9:57 am
The travelers introduce themselves as you settle around the fire pit to enjoy the roast pibber.
There's the human merchant, Hentak Xerxes, and his human bodyguard, Elonpo. He's looking to sell his wares in Kaigon.
There's the human Iscin, Gaul Virigiskit. He's doing a tour of Glounda for some reason that makes your eyes glaze over shortly after he starts talking about it.
There's the woffen sailor, Briddo Dorth. He's on his way to Ardoth on leave from serving aboard the crystal schooner Champion of Tra, and is already a bit drunk from rusper.

Miniri: the landing platform is like a treehouse hostel; there is no ready access to the forest floor, though you do spot a ladder near a trap door to one side. Probably you could open the trap door and lower the ladder to connect with a ladder that comes partway up the central support for the platform, so that people can climb up or down if they wish to start or end a journey by talmaron. They probably have it pulled up now to discourage night creatures from climbing up to the building.

Yongap immediately ingratiates himself with the travelers by pulling out a bag of herbs and spices to add some flavor to the pibber.

Barragar sits on a mat near the rest of your group and glowers at the others, particularly Elonpo. Some of you barely know Barragar, but you know him well enough to realize that this expression is actually one of polite interest, even if it comes across as hostile.

Gythaar and Vordenir both overhear a bit of conversation between Hentak and Elonpo about making sure "they're safe from thone..."

Jorune lore:
Pibber are small, blobby creatures native to Jorune who live in areas of heavy vegetation. They are sometimes kept as pets, but are usually considered a food source. They resemble small, fuzzy, eyeless thombos. Occasionally, when upset or under the influence of certain moon configuations, pibbers will extend long spikes from their furry coats in a process called thisting. When a pibber thists, watch out! A good mental image of a pibber is of a cross between a shmoo and a hedgehog.

Rusper: probably the most common alcoholic drink on Jorune, by dint of the fact that it is somewhat palatable to the most different races.

Dec 2, 2015 12:21 am
Yongap starts up a game to pass the time, inviting anyone else who wishes to play. He does not wager (yet), but he does take a moment to assess any participants while the game progresses.

"So tell me about the Champion of Tra," he says to Briddo Dorth. "It sounds like a lovely ship."

Rolls

Gaming 10 (F) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Dec 2, 2015 12:22 am
Marik will sit down with Yongap and the others, "It has been a while since I've played..."

Rolls

Gaming 6/F - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Dec 2, 2015 9:40 pm
Vordenir sits by the gamers, but he does not join. "I have no experience gaming, and enjoy it not. I enjoy your enjoyment all the more when I am not losing!" he says with a deep chuckle. He begins a conversation with Hentak Xerxes about his wares and the state of the merchant class.
Dec 3, 2015 7:20 am
Despite his protestations, Marik is slowly cleaning up at the game of Bipak, which leads everyone to grouchily suspect that he's pulling a fast one on them. While they lose their bits, Yongap talks up the woffen, who is drunk enough now that he doesn't mind the proximity of the crugar...a fact which he makes sure to point out several times during the evening:
"I'm so happy, I don't even mind the smell in this place! Haw haw haw!"
and
"I must be feeling good, since I'm drinking with crugar! Hee-hee!"
and
"Aw, don't look so glum, kitty! Here, have a drink with me! You don't see me looking so upset, and I'm the one who has to look at you!"
and so on.

Yongap does tease a number of bits of information out of the drunken sailor bigot, however. The ship's pilot is Wen Lonson, a severe muadra taskmaster. They're always looking for crew, due to the high turnover on the job. Yongap gets the sense that there's high turnover because of high stress on the job, and not all of that because of Wen's attitude. The Champion of Tra will leave Kaigon, headed north, in two days. Kaigon has become a waypoint on the crystal schooner circuit, particularly as its the closest stop to Ardoth any crystal schooner will come, so there's a schooner stopping in the city every few days.

Vordenir attempts to engage the merchant, Hentak, in conversation, but he seems particularly close-mouthed. Though he talks freely about the difficulties of trade in Burdoth, he provides no details about his own trade affairs. (If there's a particular skill you're trying to use, or an outcome you're trying to achieve, let me know)
Dec 4, 2015 4:01 am
Since the merchant is closed-mouthed as to details, Vordenir decides to try to get a broader sense so he can possibly engage the merchant better on his subject of preference. "Pray tell, friend, what do your wares consist of? Earth-tec? Weapons? Crystals, perhaps?" he asks, adding a soft and friendly tone to his deep rumble.
Dec 4, 2015 3:51 pm
Miniri quickly recovers from the terrors of the flight, and makes herself comfortable. She plays Marik's game enthusiastically at first, but gradually becomes distracted and leaves the game. Doing her best to ignore the woffen, she listens to the Iscin's description of his tour of Glounda (rolling Current Events vs 9), attempting to gain an understanding of events in the area.

Rolls

Current Events, TN 9 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Dec 5, 2015 4:56 pm
Miniri is attentive to Gaul, and he warms to his subject. He seems to be talking about a local warlord or cult leader named Eatoni Gray, and how his forces have spread across the south and western reaches of the forest. An aside from Barragar, however, helps the crugar to realize that what the Iscin is actually talking about is a small flower which he's been researching and logging in his journals. Miniri notes "eatoni gray = small green plant with long stalks and multiple elongated red blooms" in case it might relate to an information search in future.

Hentak admits that he deals in "produce, particularly flowers." Vordenir should give a SOCIAL check.
Dec 8, 2015 6:23 am
Eventually, the night draws to a close and everyone retires to their pallets for sleep. The players awaken early enough to see Gaul finish a cold breakfast and then, with the help of the beasters, throw open the trap door, hook up the ladder, and climb down to the forest floor to resume his trek across Glounda. Briddo is miserable this morning, his ears drooping, his eyes bloodshot, his nose running. He's irritable and snappish, and pushes past Hentak and his bodyguard to be the first aloft on a talmaron, winging east towards Ardoth.

He probably won't fall off.

Hentak and Elonpo mount up quickly afterward, and leave with a minimum of discussion, carrying a few small cases west.

The beasters are efficient and mostly cheerful (though a bit brusque with Yongap still) and busily prepare fresh mounts for each of you.
Dec 9, 2015 10:06 pm
Marik gladly climbs up onto his fresh Talmaron, excited to take another trip on the wondrous beasts.
Dec 9, 2015 10:10 pm
Yongap climbs onto his mount, whispering words of assurances to the talmaron, and also to himself.
Dec 10, 2015 2:43 am
Gythaar climbs onto the fresh mount and immediately beguns scanning the horizon.
Dec 10, 2015 7:46 pm
Miniri will freshen up, and consume some herbivore flesh for breakfast, and wave to Gaul as he leaves. When the beasters are ready for them, she will enthusiastically clamber onto her fresh mount, momentarily forgetting the horrors of the prior day.
Dec 10, 2015 7:59 pm
Barragar keeps you all waiting for a while as he completes a strange morning ritual appearing to involve slow stately dance moves while carrying tree branches and humming a low nasal tune.
Dec 10, 2015 8:01 pm
As they wait, Yongap looks over at Vordenir. "Where were we going again?" he asks.
Dec 10, 2015 8:06 pm
When the ritual is finally finished, the boccord joins the rest of you in line for talmaron mounts.

Once again, you are grateful for the assistance of the beasters in fixing the straps, calming the creatures, and talking you patiently through the diving launch process. You shudder to think what you would do if you had to take off on your own.

You take flight in turn and begin to wing your way further across Glounda Forest west, toward Kaigon.

Each PC should roll a check here, unless you have talmaron handling at Familiar or better (remind me if you do). The check can be:
* talmaron handling (with a -5 bonus modifier to the roll)
* agility check (straight, no modifier)
* strength check (+4 penalty to the roll, as you're basically fighting the talmaron to guide it)

These checks are to determine how well you handle the mounts this second day of flight.
Dec 10, 2015 8:12 pm
What Gythaar lacks in experience with the beasts he makes up for with sheer agility.
Last edited December 10, 2015 8:13 pm

Rolls

Agility 16 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Dec 10, 2015 8:18 pm
Marik once again attempts to handle the beast below him.

Rolls

Agility vs 8 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.