New (Old) Numenera Game recruiting players

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 7, 2015 11:01 pm
Hello there.
I going to open new Numenera game which is actually continuation and leap of another game i've GMed for few long months here, on GP THIS ONE .

The game is: Nuemenra core + My own homebrew design - huge location situated on northern part of Ninth World Mega Continent, including alot of homebrew additions to the core mechanics.
Game will include:
Very complex, challenging gameplay, with deep and complex story, verbose updates - You can check predecessor game at link i provided. Riddled plot, quite complex environment, riddles, diplomacy, fair amount of combat, alot of search, discovery. Espionage. Many things are possible within game's future plot.
Rich Lore, and managed plot wiki - HERE is the small part of it (one that been revealed to players after playing 2 acts for more than 6 months), and the game will recieve really big background update/pre-set before it's start.
Studies - My complex homebrew skill mechanics, called Studies, introducing another way to customize and specialize characters based on their actual experience and knowledge they could get from trainers, in order to get access to majority party/particular character will require certain level of reputation with one of numerous factions in the game.
The system is supprted by my 2d vector skills, example is HERE.
Soundtracks, Random Illustrations - to improve game's immersion and to provide correct feel of the Octagon.

Requirements:
Very 2 necessary important things i will need from any players who join/apply for this game:
Involvement (the long run one)- I am seeking players who are interested to play complex, immersive setting, and will be involved and will follow it's flow and lore for long run
Activity for 5 posts per 1 week - I am ok with random absenses, but i am not ok with game freezes and complete lack of commitment / responsibility towards me as GM and other players. If you know you will be busy - tell me about that, and may be leave action queue / moves guideline. I respect everyones time, but if you join, you should be able to post in steady pace of 5 posts per week, or will be responsible enough to leave guidelines about managing your character in your absense.

Those are only 2 requirements i really care about. Involvement , steady activity , rensponsibility - thats it.
You can be complete Numenera newbie. And probably you should like darker, complex, hard, story oriented, lore heavy settings.

Please book your place here.
The game will take few players from the previous, predecessor game. I aim for active, involved playerbase. With such players i can commit and continue the creation of the very complex Octagon setting and its plots, it's factions.

The game will be somewhat open ended, but certain places could be sequence-like and straightforward, while providing choice to solve different problems in several ways.
Game have very strong reactivity, and alot of meaning for player's choices.

If you are game, leave here your message, impressions, questions, endorsment,s no-nos, and other useful content. :)
Last edited December 7, 2015 11:16 pm
Dec 7, 2015 11:10 pm
I'd be interested. Just starting my first Numenera game and would love to get involved in another!
Dec 8, 2015 6:25 am
I'm interested to continue.
Dec 8, 2015 7:59 am
We have confirmed 3 players already. (2 old ones and 1 new).
I will wait bit more till setup (till hrlandski returns) and more people have chance to hop in.

The setup information and background have big amounts of lore to digest, and once I will setup a game the setup lore will be added eventually and only then game will start, giving to players enough time to digest the setting and it's lore.
Dec 8, 2015 8:29 pm
Great. I will start setup in upcoming days and will release.eventually big chunks of backstory/lore.

Please note that applying to the game you confirm that either You will be involved and active or when busy will responsibly leave queues/guidelines.
Last edited December 8, 2015 8:30 pm
Dec 9, 2015 1:50 am
I'm still learning if I like the Numenera system -- so I'll defer at this time, but watch. :)
Dec 19, 2015 3:29 pm
Hello - back from a work-intense period, and looking forward to continuing, with players old and new!
Dec 19, 2015 5:40 pm
I will announse the new game soon. I have some very tight moment in my life now so i am bit busy (switching jobs), once I will have bit more free time (quite soon) i will start the setup). It takes alot of work to setup, so i think the game will be on in 3 days - week from now. More likely - next Friday.

For now there 4 players signed up. Once game is up i will send invitations.
Last edited December 19, 2015 5:41 pm
Dec 23, 2015 4:09 pm
Are you taking any more players?
Dec 24, 2015 7:32 pm
Yes we are taking.

Tommorow i will air the game up with all the lore and background, And I ask all interested players to apply to the game (old players / confirmed players will be also invited).

Please read game requirements. We want lo9ng run active, dedicated players, who even if busy will leave queues/orders, care little about the game.

Level of knowledge of the Numenera is not important, but it is completely required to have neccessary Numenera books.
Dec 27, 2015 9:00 pm
Ok my crazy RL period is almot over and i started to assmeble lore, its quite alot of it, so i will release it and create thread tommorow.
Cheers.
Last edited December 27, 2015 9:00 pm
Dec 30, 2015 10:21 pm
New update: I finally free and have time. I continuing my work on pre-set (it requires some extensive preparation) But i will ensure that all the stuff will be worth anticipation and waiting.
I am already working on setup.
Dec 30, 2015 11:03 pm
Game is up

please apply/join.

Old players - please recreate your characters as they were from old game, add 2XP and apply to the game

New players - please create any combination of the Desc/Type/Foci except location based and mutant descriptors and Time traveling foci. We will need to work on pre-story for your arrival.

I will release ALOT of lore in few days, please follow the threads which will appear in the game during following days.

Please refer to old information (from old game) collected in the OP of this thread.

Please check requirements for the game , described in top post of this thread before applying as new player.

Thank you, and Wellcome.
And yes, we are open for applications.
Last edited December 30, 2015 11:10 pm
Jan 14, 2016 6:05 pm
Last call - tomorrow I will release major lore initial update tomorrow and start countdown to start. It will take few days for players to read the lore and to setup characters, and the game will start. It have enough players now and if you still want to participate there is one spot free. Be sure you checked and agreed on game requirements.
Jan 21, 2016 4:10 pm
are we still going forward with this? I haven't seen anything new on the board for a while now
Jan 21, 2016 4:25 pm
Not is the know either way but due to BlackStork stating work/life had him busy and he hasn't posted in a game as a fellow player... SoonTM?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.