OOC & Character Creation Discussion

load previous
Jan 14, 2016 5:39 pm
I have submitted my character for approval, http://gamersplane.com/characters/sweote/1391/, not sure if I've missed anything. Anyone wanna look it over for me?

Edit: Also, any idea where I can find good character portraits? Pics for dnd characters are easy. Random humans seem to be a bit harder
Last edited January 14, 2016 5:58 pm
Jan 14, 2016 6:17 pm
If you could, please also post in the "post your builds here" section. It helps me format my own sheet of your character, gives you extra starting credits, and lets me know how you spent your free career/species/specialization skills among other things.

We should be starting this by Sunday if everything works out correctly!
Jan 14, 2016 6:55 pm
Naatkinson says:
Edit: Also, any idea where I can find good character portraits? Pics for dnd characters are easy. Random humans seem to be a bit harder
I just do a Google Images search. Terms like 'star wars' and 'human' actually pull up a fair number of options.
Jan 15, 2016 5:10 pm
Okay we should be all set to go!
Jan 15, 2016 5:52 pm
"Affirmative sir. Awaiting orders from Command."
Jan 15, 2016 7:47 pm
Foolsmask, did you purposely make your designation "Mate"? Because that's awesome
Jan 15, 2016 9:47 pm
naatkinson, yes I did, and I'm a sucker for "l33t" speak. I was looking at naming conventions for droids and found a site that classified security droids and battle droids as 'Type M' (no idea if that was ever part of the canon) and then gave them a number and a dash and some other numbers and letters. And with Force Awakens and the origin of Finn's name fresh in my mind I could't pass up the chance. So feel free to call him 'Mate' for simplicity.
Jan 16, 2016 2:50 pm
Sooo... Call Signs for on comms: I'm going with Southern Snake
Jan 16, 2016 11:47 pm
Morjak insists on being referred to as "Doctor Lisalc".
Jan 17, 2016 7:53 pm
When there's a check we want to make, should we guess a difficulty for the roll or just make an unmodified roll and let you figure it out for us?
Jan 17, 2016 8:02 pm
Most of the time the dificulty will be 2 unless I tell you otherwise in red chat. If i need to add ill just add the purple dice to the roll
Jan 17, 2016 8:03 pm
Works for me, thanks :)
Jan 17, 2016 8:39 pm
as a side note please make sure to keep track of strain and wounds on your character sheet for quick reference!
Jan 20, 2016 5:06 pm
A question on the current Perception check for Bas...Can more than one of us help?
Jan 20, 2016 5:14 pm
as far as my interpretation goes when a skilled assistance takes place it takes the highest of characteristic and highest of the specific skill between the two characters performing the check. So player a being cun 3 perception 0 and player b cun 2 perception 2 would equal a roll of cun 3 perception 2 (2 yellows 1 green)
Jan 20, 2016 5:24 pm
I reviewed the character sheets and we all had Perception 1 -- so opted to be the die-roller. I think only one character can provide a skilled assist.
Jan 20, 2016 7:14 pm
Skimming the book, I didn't see the rules on assisting...but I'm not able to hunt through the book right now. I'm cool either way and I'm not sure its worth rolling another die, the number of failures and threats he rolled would be difficult to beat.
Jan 21, 2016 12:02 am
Would a computer skill check be what I'd need to see if his explanation is legit, this sounds like a trap...
Jan 21, 2016 12:18 am
If you can reason the computer check well I might allow it. It can be reasoned here or dialogued out. Otherwise you may need to chose something else to determine the plausability
Jan 21, 2016 1:45 am
I'm unsure mechanically how emission, frequency, and telecommunication securities would work. Maybe it be more protocol but that's not a skill either. Lt doesn't seem to have his chops in Bas' opinion since he's opting to do maintenance's job. The captain would have at least told us in advance of a contact I would think. Otherwise to Mr this guy seems to be fishing.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.