OOC & Character Creation Discussion

Jan 4, 2016 4:31 pm
We will use this thread to discuss any questions and concepts with character Creation
Jan 4, 2016 10:25 pm
Are we looking for any particular archetypes in particular? E.g. should we be kinda fighter squadrony, spec ops-y?
Jan 4, 2016 10:54 pm
I figure we'd want to take different archetypes at least. Did you have any preferance between the Ace, Diplomat, Engineer, Commander, Soldier, & Spy? I'm probably not going to go with the Soldier for whatever I pick since it might be a blend of my other two characters if I did.
Jan 5, 2016 12:30 am
I guess it depends on the kinds of missions we're running. If we were a Y-Wing squadron, I could imagine wanting a fair number of pilots (and co pilots?) as an example.
Jan 5, 2016 1:11 am
The base you guys are going to isn't outfitted with many ships so don't expect a ton of space but having a couple of people capable of piloting would be a really good idea
Jan 5, 2016 1:31 am
I've not done the pilot thing yet -- so I might be tempted to go that route. Will nose around the trees...
Jan 5, 2016 1:21 pm
I'm looking at the Engineer still deciding on species (Verpine, Squib, Sluissi, Shistavanen, or Noghri) and specialization.
Edit: Engineer Sabotuer
Last edited January 5, 2016 2:07 pm
Jan 6, 2016 2:52 am
I ended up with a Human Scientist with a bit of a medical leaning. I plan to head more towards the inventing side of the tree later, though.
Jan 6, 2016 3:43 am
I am having a real issue making a final decision, so I will turn to the group. I am leaning hard toward Soldier, but not sure whether to go Medic or Sharpshooter...but Commando isn't out of the question if the group thinks it would be more useful. There is also the question of race. I'm leaning toward Droid, but might go human to keep things simple. Thoughts?
Jan 6, 2016 5:42 am
You couldn't go wrong with either so far. You guys have some medical presence as is but there's always use for more but theres also a hole to fill as is when it comes to someone with a good amount of gun skill.
Jan 6, 2016 3:30 pm
@ Foolsmask
Although all three would probably work Commando and Sharpshooter would both shine I think since from the write up we're probably going to be doing guerilla/sneak attack/hit and runs to get situated.

I'm going mostly support and subvert myself. I'll probably lean into heavy Mechanics, Computers, Skullduggery, Stealth, and Coordination which seemed odd for an Engineer but not as a Saboteur if he's out in the field I think it makes sense to be covert (We're new and just got blitz'd by the Empire) until we can wrap our heads around what's happening. Hopefully after a regroup it's more out there than just us!
Jan 6, 2016 4:37 pm
I think I may head 'squadron commander' over 'ace' since I like the talent tree better and it gives access to the requisite piloting skills.
Jan 6, 2016 4:53 pm
Are we slowly becoming....The A Team??? in Star Wars?
Jan 6, 2016 5:05 pm
Could be .. but I'm not sure I like being Murdoch.
Jan 6, 2016 5:31 pm
I thought you wanted to be Hannibal? Dibs on Murdoch. XD
Jan 6, 2016 5:37 pm
i'm considering ace again.. :)
Jan 6, 2016 8:57 pm
I know very little behind how vehicles 'work' in the system but I think between my character and Kilbert66 we can hopefully patch it/jury rig it. Hopefully we don't stress out As530 on driving, fixing, & breaking them.
Jan 6, 2016 9:00 pm
Interestingly, Vehicle combat is pretty similar to other combat.. but mostly I figure we'll need /someone/ who can drive us places when the time comes to be driven somewhere. I thought briefly about being a Gungan ace, because the very idea amused the heck out of me.

"Meesa thinking we should be going through dis gorge!"

"Uh, are you sure you can fit?"

"Meesa do this aaaall de time. Meesa can fly dis ship through anything!"
Jan 6, 2016 9:15 pm
At first vehicle use is going to be very limited. Not as in I wont let you use vehicles its just the ship youre coming in on is previously damaged and land vehicles are hard to get by due to the small populace of the base youre ending up in. Youll have some vehicles but parts to repair will be scarce at the beginning

As a side note Id ask around anyone you knew on here and see if they wanted to play. We are one character short and can play as 4 but id love to see a nice party of 5 going
Jan 6, 2016 9:24 pm
I figure due to the time frame and ops tempo of the Oh Shi! Event starting out we'd be cannibalizing equipment constantly that we find if it isn't better than what we have just to keep going until we figure out what is going on and what to do about.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.