Out skirts of the Village

Jan 23, 2016 1:09 am
The group of you return to the village. Kveit has been using her remote viewer to keep tabs on the approach of the Timmermen's craft. About 10 minutes ago they came into full view. As predicted, you see one larger vehicle, it erupts from the black clouds like a whale breaching from the ocean, spitting lightning backwards behind it from the circular modules attached to to the rear.
http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/76/1600x965_13572_Gallente_Dropship_2d_sci_fi_spaceship_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Seconds later, eight smaller personal craft burst forth behind it. The streak through the air and swarm around the larger craft like sharks chasing a scent. Whenever two craft come into close proximity more lightning arcs between them. The connections seem to propel the smaller craft forward in huge bursts of speed, but once separated they slow down and regroup.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6c/82/8c/6c828c99473b5b7f02d83abdfe7874f1.jpg

At the rate they are traveling you have about 20 minutes before they arrive overhead. You all have managed to reach the treeline. Ahead you can see the people of Uncegilla Cove rushing about. The Mayor and the Guild Councilors are huddled together, excitedly discussing something. Occasionally someone will approach them, and they will point or gesture and give an order and the petitioner will run off to do whatever it was they were told to do.

Aileen Verigar, Mama Zifnaby and Repin Mohsen are herding the younger children (ages 2 - 9) into one corner of the green. They seem to be trying to keep them entertained or at least occupied. Irving Winters and Triun can be seen organizing the town malitia. They are armed mostly with farm implements and tools, but you see one or two swords and shields. Whenever someone starts to draw a blade they are immediately reprimanded and shouted down. The order is repeated several times that no one is to look as thought they want to fight, they are just there for show.

Amburn runs past with baskets of bread and baked goods in her arms. Klia and several other older girls follow closely behind equally laden with food. Coming up from the mill you see six men rolling three casks of winter cider. This was all meant for the feast later. Now it seems as though they are preparing an offering. The Seer confirms that is what is happening.

Your group has gathered at the edge of the forest as discussed. The Seer is ready to enter the aldiea and help with the preparations.
OOC:
As discussed, you don't have to stay here, before to long though, the Timmermen crafts will show up.
Jan 23, 2016 4:33 pm
Yaru settles down to watch. "It's clear that the elders have this in control and they do not want an armed conflict. And we can't confront these men with the children nearby -- they could get hurt. We should watch and observe."
Jan 23, 2016 5:59 pm
Galen settles down to watch as well, "If this is going to turn into a battle we're going to have to wait until the children are safe before we begin."
OOC:
Did we have enough time resting to make our second recovery roll?

Rolls

Recovery Roll - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Recover roll 1 hour - (1d6+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Jan 23, 2016 11:58 pm
Naatkinson says:
Did we have enough time resting to make our second recovery roll?
OOC:
Whoops...yes. You had enough time to use the Action, 10 Minute, and Hour rolls if needed.
Jan 25, 2016 2:07 pm
Looking around the area Pha wonders if there's a good place to lay low until the Timermen are passed over and looks at the trees that seem to give good cover from someone flying above. "I think the elders are wise... the Timermen are coming to capture and/or kill. Needless deaths aren't something anyone in the village wants of it's villagers. I think it's safe to say children will be very close to the fray though if you think about it. For the Timermen if you think about it, a threat to kill half the children in the village is a pretty good bargaining chip in their favor if they want people to go with them... considering the time between 'offerings' they'll probably going to ask for a lot of people." Pha states shaking his head as he putters about looking for a good hiding spot until they needed to watch the village and what might transpire.
Jan 25, 2016 4:58 pm
"There is always the threat of wiping out the whole village from the Timmermen. They won't do it for want of slaves most likely, but they certainly have the power should they choose to use it."
Jan 25, 2016 11:33 pm
Carrick anxiously scanned the crowds, looking for Kylia. When he saw her with Amburn, he breathed a sigh of relief. He still didn't like the idea of her being exposed to the Timmermen like that, but he also feared that somehow his presence, as one who had just completed the Rite, would somehow put her at greater risk if he went to her. There just wasn't a good solution! He looked to the others, "If we wait here, how will we disable those flying machines or find out the way to their Fortress?"
Jan 28, 2016 8:11 pm
"I don't honestly know for sure, I thought if things go peacefully we'd probably want to stage an attack away from the village or try and get something on one of their smaller machines to slow it or make it break down with the crossbows. The worst case for the village but better for us is if a scuffle breaks out long enough for us to do something to hinder them moving back to their base as quickly as possible. But I'm pretty sure that might end in someone we don't want dying getting killed. After seeing that transporter pad and looking through the cyphers I think I'll be able to tell more about them and their machines if I can get closer to them... I'm pretty sure the village doesn't want to start a fight they'll end up losing, they're a bit older than us so that kinda sounds like a good idea. Everyone offering themselves up I thought wasn't the best of idea since they'd just take everyone's stuff, starting a fix midair though is dangerous enough as is. Attacking the smaller ones doesn't put the prisoners at risk as much as a battle on the larger flying machine." Pha rattled off checking the tree close by to see if it was easy to climb.
Jan 28, 2016 8:25 pm
Kveit listens to all this, shakes her head.

"An open battle is pointless. There must be more of these being than those here. We need to strike at the heart of this mystery. I say we give ourselves up to them as volunteers.
Jan 28, 2016 9:15 pm
"Can't we just walk?" he points off to the distance.

"It's far, sure -- but surely we can make our way there."
Jan 28, 2016 9:18 pm
"I don't think we should give ourselves up. We may be able to get inside, but we don't have any idea how they restrain their captives; we may never get out and have to live in slavery. I think observing is our best choice at this point, and we can always work our way there if we must."
Jan 28, 2016 9:35 pm
"Galen has a point. If the best way to get in is to give ourselves up -- we can do that with more information later." He gestures, "If we do it now and it's the wrong decision we may not be able to work our way out of it."
Jan 28, 2016 11:46 pm
A humming and crackling sound can be heard in the distance. It is growing louder and louder until the Timmermen ships come into view overhead. The canopy of the forest keeps them from spotting you as they move toward the village. The larger transport vehicle lands in the square. It takes up a lot of space but the people are well out of the way. Once it lands a large man covered in armor from head to toe emerges. His helm puts you in mind of a demonic bull.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/07/1b/ee/071bee75ee6d4ed20ef6cac382f3f228.jpg

He steps onto the stage and you hear the reat thuds of his steps. Under his feet the boards creak and groan, protesting his weight. Moments later, another figure emerges. This one is smaller and it is so covered in armor you cannot tell if it is a man or a woman. Upon its head is the visage of a skull. THe black eyes stare out at the gathered villagers with malevolence.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/66/5c/10/665c10050ac550a25025ac5baa37a366.jpg

The smaller craft whiz by and circle the aldiea. They seem to be looking for stragglers, but their eyes are turned inward and they do not notice your group. Each rider has a different helmet depicting a different creature. Most you recognize, or at least think you've seen a drawing or depiction of them before. Some however seem alien and strange. Do they depict creatures native to the lands beyond the mountains?

The Seer makes his way to the two figures. Your group is left alone in the woods when you notice even the bugs seems to quieted down in reverence.
Jan 29, 2016 1:06 am
Looking around Pha states he's going to find out more and tries to figure out a position away from the rest to try and gleam more about the riders.
OOC:
Looking for a spot to use Scan, I don't mind expending extra Int to change or extend the shape of the cube or extend the range to something besides short, unless that's good enough to scan from.
Last edited January 29, 2016 1:06 am
Jan 29, 2016 3:02 am
OOC:
Because you are still a decent distance away, I need a Speed test for Pha to stealth into the village, Difficulty 5(15) because of all the people. Not that the other villagers would give you away exactly, but they might tip off the Timmermen by accident. After that Spend 3 extra Intellectw and I can let scan extend over the Green where everyone is gathered. If anyone still wants to surrender that can provide 2 assets to the stealth check. It won't matter how many people walk into town right now, one or more will be an equally effective level of distraction. Of course there may be other ways to get assistance, That's just what I thought of at this moment.
Jan 29, 2016 3:35 am
Carrick quietly fumed. As much as he hated to admit it, it did seem the best course of action would be to wait for the time being. He fought the urge to run down there and leaned on a tree, watching intently at what was taking place in the village. He saw the Seer approach the monsters and had a seed of mistrust take root in his mind. He began to wonder if this was all some sort of big set up. Was the decision of how to deal with these mysterious Timmermen somehow just the next stage of the Rite? Were they making the wrong choice?
Jan 29, 2016 1:05 pm
Shuffling back to the group Pha brow was wrinkled as he looked around from the sky to the village. "If I get closer to find out about the Timmerman it's not going to be easy... I might be able to use the Seer's speech if it's long but since I didn't tell him anything so I don't know if it'll draw their attention fully. You guys got any ideas for me?" Pha admitted scratching his head.

Pha looked around and stood more upright... this was the most talking he had done in several weeks... he was somewhat surprised he was this talkative... it was probably due to the subject and situation he figured.

I got to ask Yaru later if this is what it's like to have a lot of friends... Pha thought to himself before looking to the others for advise.
Jan 29, 2016 5:12 pm
"I could infuse one of these crossbow bolts with light and fire it into the air. The flare might distract them enough to allow you to sneak close, but it would also draw their attention to the woods." Carrick shrugged, "Sorry, but I can't think of any other way I could help...."
Jan 29, 2016 5:15 pm
"Sorry Pha, but without giving myself up or bringing unwanted attention here I can't see any way to distract them."
Jan 30, 2016 4:08 am
Kveit looks at the group, looks at the Timmermen, looks at Carrick. She can see the concern on his face, and the tension in the others.

They won't listen to me...but we've got to do something... "I'll create a distraction Pha"

Before anyone can stop her, Kveit crouches down to all fours, her nano-metal arms extending slightly, her tail swooping behind her, she swoops around the side of the Timmermen. She moves in a wide arc around the grouping of people and Timmermen, so she can approach from a different direction than everyone else.

When he is in position, she stand tall, running on just her legs now, and heads straight for the front of the front of the group, where the Seer faces the Timmermen.

"HOLD SEER! TIMMERMEN! I WAS THE ONLY ONE TO REACH THE TOP OF THE SPIRAM. I AM THE ONLY ONE WORTHY OF YOUR ATTENTION IN THIS VILLAGE!
OOC:
Let me know if you need a roll of some kind here.
Jan 31, 2016 10:12 pm
Yaru points, somewhat aghast at Kveit, "But.. that's not the plan." he mutters, mostly to himself.
Feb 2, 2016 3:39 am
The gathered crowd turns to see Kveit. The skull faced Timmerman turns to the Seer and says, "What is that child talking about?"

A roar comes from the hulking bull helmeted Timmerman. "AAAARRRR, I told you. The Seer has betrayed us. We raised him up from the chattel and gave him privileges meant for his betters. A ask the privilege of striking him down, High Lord." Taking a piece of metal off of his back he holds it out in front of him. It unfolds into a gigantic ax.
Feb 2, 2016 4:40 am
Kveit pulls out her bow and fires an arrow at the big guy with the axe. This is meant more as a distraction than an attempt to injure or do damage. Kveit assumes she is outmatched and is trying to draw the attention of the Timmermen so that Pha can do his scan and hopefully find some useful information.

"Deal with me first you monster!"
OOC:
I'm intending to use this last as a sort of taunt, to draw the attention and aggression of the Timmermen away from the Seer and especially away from the direction of where the others are hiding. I'll append a d20 roll below. Note that I have a mutation that reduces the difficulty of any social task using my voice by one. Expending 2 intellect to reduce the difficulty once more.

Rolls

Taunt - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Feb 2, 2016 4:44 am
"I think she's going to get the Seer killed."
Feb 2, 2016 5:59 am
Galen grips Reaver and prepares to rush to his friend's aid if he needs to.
Feb 2, 2016 5:32 pm
Carrick sighed at the bold action of Kveit. He knew her heart and intentions, and they were all well and good, but he feared she may have overreached this time. He readied his crossbow and braced himself to run to her side if her feint brought too fierce a repercussion.

He looked over at Pha, "Now's your chance. Don't let her sacrifice be in vain - find out what you can, and report back if possible."
Feb 2, 2016 5:40 pm
"She's not dead yet... Pha reminds the young man a little surprised at himself since he was thinking along the same lines as a pessimist before taking off. Rushing towards the village from another direction as the focus was drawn away so he could figure things out.
OOC:
If the task for stealth is successful using Scan (Modified Extended Version) otherwise I think they'd notice what I'm doing.
EDIT:
OOC:
Since successful I'll use Scan and spent the point cost for the modded version. 2 Int (Activate cost) + 3 Int (extending power use) - 1 Int Edge
Remnant sent a note to foolsmask
Last edited February 2, 2016 5:42 pm

Rolls

Stealth Task 5 - 2 due to asset - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Feb 2, 2016 6:27 pm
Yaru stays put, but is clearly getting nervous. His hair begins to stand on end a bit and the air near him tastes a little metallic as it ionizes. The occasional brief spark, or flash, gathers about him as he prepares himself for action, convinced that soon some majorly bad stuff is going to go down.
Feb 3, 2016 6:40 am
The bull seems to sense the arrow coming at him and with a quick swipe of the ax he knocks the projectile aside. His head turns and his gaze locks on Kveit. Snorting once the hulking man charges at the small mutant girl. His weapon cuts a wide arc through the air. Just as he is about to bring it to bear against Kveit, the skull faced Timmeman raises a hand and the bull stops short.

"Hold, Lord Bull, we will hear what she has to say. She has shown the bravery and bold action previously found in Uncegilla Cove servants. We believe there is more going on than your simple mind has grasped."

Keeping his gaze locked on Kveit, he responds, "Lord Death, I know there is more here, but this girl! She is insolent! Putting her in her place will show the rest of this waste hole of an aldiea where they belong!"

The skull helmmed Timmerman, Lord Death replies, "In time you may have your chance. For now we shall see how this plays out."

The metal on Lord Death's arm shifts and coils, it breaks apart and flows into a wicked trident of black steel. Kveit's own nanites ripple momentarily, but stay in control. He levels the weapon at the Seer. "Explain yourself, Seer"

foolsmask sent a note to Remnant
Feb 3, 2016 7:40 pm
Carrick breathed a sigh of relief when the strange bull-man pulled short of striking Kveit. He looked around for Pha but didn't see him anywhere. He hoped the distraction was enough for him to gather his information. He narrowed his eyes toward the village, trying to see more clearly; the Timmermen seemed to be having some sort of argument. He gave a small smile as he considered that division in Timmermen's ranks could potentially serve their own efforts. He just wished he could hear was was going on.
Feb 3, 2016 7:42 pm
When the bull-man rushed Kveit Galen almost launched himself from his concealment. Luckily he didn't need to and he breathes a sigh of relief.
Feb 4, 2016 3:02 pm
With an exhale Pha makes his way back to the others to tell them the good and bad news.
Feb 5, 2016 3:17 pm
"Girl, you will kneel before your masters and await judgment!" Lord Bull reaches out to grab Kveit by the arm. Another Timmerman, wearing a goat shaped helmet produces a chain like item. It is approximately 6 feet long, at one end is a large open ring. Just shy of half way down the length of chain are two more smaller open rings. The device splits at the other end into two chains that each end in smaller open rings. At each ring connection point is a small node with several flashing lights and buttons.
OOC:
Like this but more Sci-Fi
OK, GM intrusion time again. 1XP to Friar_Tuk and one for another player of his choice. The end result is Kveit will be bound by these futuristic manacles. Refusal costs you an XP and you will need a Level 4(12) Speed Defense roll to keep Lord Bull from grabbing Kveit.
Feb 5, 2016 3:35 pm
OOC:
Pha does not like bullies...
Last edited February 23, 2016 6:25 pm
Feb 5, 2016 4:38 pm
foolsmask says:
"Girl, you will kneel before your masters and await judgment!" Lord Bull reaches out to grab Kveit by the arm. Another Timmerman, wearing a goat shaped helmet produces a chain like item. It is approximately 6 feet long, at one end is a large open ring. Just shy of half way down the length of chain are two more smaller open rings. The device splits at the other end into two chains that each end in smaller open rings. At each ring connection point is a small node with several flashing lights and buttons.
OOC:
Like this but more Sci-Fi
OK, GM intrusion time again. 1XP to Friar_Tuk and one for another player of his choice. The end result is Kveit will be bound by these futuristic manacles. Refusal costs you an XP and you will need a Level 4(12) Speed Defense roll to keep Lord Bull from grabbing Kveit.
Kveit kneels slowly, but stares Bull in the eyes the entire time. Accepting that her body is being bound, but making it known with her eyes that she is not broken.
OOC:
I accept the intrusion and XP. 1 XP goes to Pha for going with Kveit's crazy jack move :)
Feb 6, 2016 2:11 am
At the sight of Kveit kneeling before the Bull, Carrick groaned, "No, no, no, no.....Kveit, what are you doing?" He faced the others, "We can't let her be captured by herself. I'm of a mind to go down there after her - if they were to take her and leave us behind....no! I don't want to think about it!" He shook his head then looked at Pha, "What did you find out?"
Feb 6, 2016 2:39 am
"She said she was the only one to pass the rite and was worth anything. The one with the Bull Head seems to be a bit stronger than most of the rest and wanted to kill her to feel superior so she attacked him since her coming out in the open and saying what she did put the Seer at odds, the Bull head one wants to have him killed I think and replaced, the one in charge is in charge for a reason and stopped him since he's about twice as strong as most of them and just about as strong as the Bull one plus half again if measuring his strength. The rest were probably as strong as Chaig.

If you want to run in without a real plan now to save her realize you'll put her and the whole village at risk of being harmed if a fight breaks out before we get there possibly, the Bull head one seems to not trust the Seer already and prone to violence first thinking later. While I don't like bullies or the idea of the distraction to this degree she went down and did what she did. So did you have something in mind or are we charging down to try and get flying men to come down and fight and get people in the village hurt in the process?"
Pha stated his story blunt. If the majority wanted to just charge and fight it out they'd have to leave no survivor that would run away if they started an attack. To figure out an actual plan that would give the villagers time to get away... would be better, "We're in a bad way regardless of what we do even if we just all hide. I'm not going to try and stop you from helping your friend and doing what you think is right... but I will say think before you act... our choices hold not our lives in the balance but that of the entire village...I know first hand the villagers will likely hesitate to help her versus just letting them take her unless some of us step in they care about... Calm yourself and think." They were in for it regardless.
Last edited February 6, 2016 2:40 am
Feb 6, 2016 2:41 am
Yaru shakes his head, "No. No. If more of us show up, the Seer is dead for sure -- and he's the one ally the village has from these creatures. We will need to think about how to rescue Kveit separately -- if we blunder in, it'll all just be worse."
Feb 6, 2016 2:50 pm
"I understand, and I'm not going to rush down there like Kveit did, but I just feel so helpless!"

His eyes brightened for a moment, "What if we set a section of the forest on fire? It might get the others out of the village and away from the Timmermen, and might be distracting enough for us to rescue Kveit or to sneak aboard their ship. The forest is far enough away from the village I don't think there's much risk of it causing damage, and that storm would likely help quench it and keep it from spreading too." He looked to each of the others, "And be honest, do you think something like that would work, or am I being blinded by my desire to help my friend?
Feb 6, 2016 5:44 pm
Kveit is pushed forward by Lord bull, the Goat masked Timmerman kicks at her knees making her land hard before the stage and Lord Death. The skull faced figure regards the young girl silently for a moment. The dead, black eyes of his mask reveal nothing of his thoughts. He then turns to take in the Seer. In a voice that rumbles with dark power, Lord Death addresses Kveit, "Explain yourself girl. And know that your words may steer the fates of others should you displease us."

Note to to Kveit

[note="Friar_Tuk"]Now that Kveit is so close to the Timmerman, she can sense that he posses nanites similar to her own. She can't be sure why, but she knows that while he has more control over his nanites, he does not communicate with them the way Kveit does. Basically this means that Lord Death doesn't yet know Kveit is part machine. It may provide a asset in the future if you can think of a good reason.
OOC:
Basically, I'm thinking the nanites can communicate with each other like two devices on a network, but with active security protocols. You will have limited access to their system. You can't shut them down, but maybe distract them so they don't respond to Lord Death the way he might want them to.
Feb 6, 2016 10:24 pm
"A fire would concern the village, these people wouldn't I'm not sure as much... We don't know if the clay rats are still running around as well in there...no one likes to be surrounded by fire usually... We need to figure out a plan soon. Do we pick off the weaker ones when they head out or move in to attack them if she gets hurt?" Pha states.
Feb 8, 2016 3:22 pm
Kveit stares up at this skull faced horror. Makes me looks like a regular farmer's daughter...their made, at least partially, of nanites, like mine. Did mine come from them? Or did they find lovely little boxes in other caves somewhere? Her eyes flick to the Seer, Do we owe the Seer anything? He's one of these monsters now...but he was once one of us and is trying to help us all.

Kveit looks straight into the eyes of Death, "I wanted to prove myself in the rite. Nobody in this village has ever given a damn for me. So I killed the other participants one by one. When I got to the peak of the Spiram, the Seer was there. He told me of you Timmermen, and told me I was the only one worthy of returning with you should you come. Now you are here. I am at your mercy. Will you have me as a willing convert? I wish to know the power you posses, oh great lords.
OOC:
Kveit is lying her butt off, stalling for time and trying to convince these Timmermen that she is the only remaining survivor of the Rite. She is also fishing for information; she can sense the power in these creatures, and can feel the kinship between the nanites. What I am trying for here is the equivalent of a deception/charm check. I want them to believe what I'm saying and also to somewhat trust me. Please let me know the check/difficulty. My voice mutation is an asset in these social situations, and I may spend more intellect to reduce the difficulty.
Feb 8, 2016 11:52 pm
The head Timmerman regards the young girl for a moment. "Well that is an interesting tale, slave. I don't know what this rite you speak of is. How an abomination such as you thinks she is even remotely worthy to serve in the Great Citadel is...disturbing. And under normal circumstances, murdering your fellow slaves...in mass, it would seem...would warrant a summary execution."

"However, I believe you have been a victim of poor stewardship. We shall have a conversation with The Seer."
Death turns to look at the Seer. "Care to explain?"
OOC:
He buys your story. The fact he hasn't been here in a while makes it a lot more plausible.
Feb 9, 2016 1:55 am
"My Lord, I...have an explanation. When I was cut off from the Citadel...I searched for years to find a way back. To find out what had happened to my brothers, to you who had shown me the mysteries of the world! But I could not, the...way was shut. When no one came at the appointed time, I feared the worst had befallen you all. Or that in some way I had displeased you and been cast out."

Kveit can see because she is close, that the Seer's left hand is trembling. He is hiding it behind his back and gesturing with his right emphatically, as though to distract from the deception.

"Cut off...I lost my way. I treated the aldiea as my own plaything. You know...you should recall, in your vast wisdom Lord Death, that when last the Timmermen collected slaves, I was looking into the cause of the anomalous mutations among the chattel. In my research I...I instituted a trial by combat...to discover the depth of the mutations, to see if there were any commonalities. This is the latest victor, it would seem. Her battle prowess is remarkable. She could prove valuable if my theories about her progeny prove true. A generation or more of breeding may yield fantastic results. On the other avenue. I believe I am coming close to discovering the source of the mutations, allowing us to control them further."
OOC:
The Seer is lying out of his butt too. He had a plan on what to tell the Timmermen when they arrived but your presense and proclimaitons have seemed to throw those plans out the window. He is scrambling to recover.
Feb 9, 2016 2:38 pm
OOC:
Just wanted to throw in here: The mutation story is very plausible considering Kveit's appearance. We haven't made a big deal of it, but Kveit has greenish, leather/scaly skin, large bone spurs protruding from her knees and elbows, and a long semi-prehensile tail. In my mind she also has gaunt, vaguely skeletal facial features and a ridge of small bony spikes at her brow line. she looks like a mutant, and is a mutant.
Feb 9, 2016 6:04 pm
Galen is growing impatient, "They're going to take her unless we act soon. Aside from an all-out assault what options do we have?"
Feb 10, 2016 1:54 am
"I see. Bind him. We shall take him back to the Citadel for judgement. I'm sure the people of the Cove will enjoy the respite from his blood sport for a time. Do you keep your research back at the Spiram? Do we need to stop and pick up any samples, or notes? Pilot, note that. We will be stopping over at the Seer's domicile before returning to the Citadel."

Turning back to regard Kneit, "Seeing as how you have eliminated the other prime chattel, we will make do with a selection of the remainders. Their service will be less than adequate, but the Timmermen will have to endure."

Turning to the goat faced Timmerman, Lord Death waves a hand at the crowd of gathered villagers. "Choose thirteen. Remember, not to old as to be untrainable, not so young they have to be coddled."

The Goat whistles and points to two Timmerman, one with an owl face, the other a hawk. They move forward toward the gathered villagers. The adults cry out and push the children back, but the Timmermen pay them no heed. You see one of the Guild Council members step forward with a wooden pole in his hands. He tries to fend off the hawk helmed man, but the goat produces a whip made of purple energy and strikes him. He goes down in a heap, black smoke rising into the air from the wound. A few people scream and wail, but the Timmermen don't seem phased.

They reach into the crowd and grab an arm. Kylia is yanked out, Amburn is clinging to her. Begging that the young girl be left alone Amburn clings to her skirts and offers herself instead. The goat raises and hand and strikes her. She crumples to the ground as Kylia fights the hawk, despite the obvious futility of her struggle. The goat bends down to pick up Amburn and is about to hoist her upon his shoulder when a large rock strikes him in the head. The crowd parts, shock clear on their faces, They cannot fathom who would act against the Timmermen. Kveit can see Chaig standing alone in the crowd. A moment later the rest of the party can see him as he rushed forward and bodily tackles the goat. The owl moves to aid his companion. Chaig won't last long in this fight.
Feb 10, 2016 2:11 am
Galen growls as the goat strikes Amburm and mishandles Kylia. He looks at his friends, primarily Carrick and Pha in this case, and draws Reaver,"They need our help, you ready?"
Last edited February 10, 2016 2:13 am
Feb 10, 2016 12:23 pm
Pha's jaw sets and his fist clench before they relax, "Sorry Yaru... I know the plan was to pick them off for the most part when they were leaving but if a fight breaks out people are going to get hurt escpecially if they go to the Spiram, the Seer doesn't seem to be in the best of spots either... If even Chaig has a pair now I think it's better to try and take down their numbers as best we can in the chaos, they're expecting only a minor resistance, not someone coming for blood on equal terms to most of them.

We need to take down at least one of their flying machines and give the people time to escape, if we take down the Bull and most of the smaller guys quickly the leader will be pushed into fight or flight, and even if they leave they won't go empty handed."
Pha states before he haunches forward slightly. His fingers elongated, his nails thickening and darkening in color, his canines grew as well as he almost moved to all fours and he squatted. With features more feral he moved forward.

"Mayfe thed fhink we're raifers herf for food..." Pha added still hoping for the best outcome.

Activating Sculpts Flesh
Last edited February 10, 2016 12:25 pm
Feb 10, 2016 10:08 pm
The sight of Kylia being strong-armed by the hawk-faced creature was too much for Carrick. In a blind, fearful rage, he leapt from his hiding spot and raced toward the village. After the dirty tricks Chaig had pulled earlier, he couldn't believe that he was standing up to the Timmerman, but if he was going to defend the villagers, then Carrick would fight beside him!

As he ran, he fiddled with the ring on his finger. He knew that by lining up the symbol on the ring it would somehow protect him. As soon as he pushed the two half-symbols together, a yellow sphere of shimmering light sprang up around him, and he let out a guttural roar, aiming his charge toward the monster holding his beloved.
OOC:
I'm activating my Force Shield Cypher, granting +3 to my armor for the next hour.
Feb 10, 2016 10:25 pm
Kveit curses and stoops to grab the monoblade from her boot, hoping it will be sharp enough to cut through her bonds, as she does so, he nanite arms and legs ripple weirdly...and parts of the Timmermen's bodies do the same...What? Maybe I can affect them somehow...

Friar_Tuk sent a note to foolsmask
Last edited February 10, 2016 10:25 pm
Feb 10, 2016 10:29 pm
Galen follows right along behind Carrick and presses his Force Nodule Cypher into his armor. His armor takes on a faint glow for a moment before fading, you can still see the light shining off of it oddly when you look at it from the right angle.
OOC:
Armor is now +2 for the next 28 hours. It is now at 4.
Feb 16, 2016 3:26 pm
foolsmask sent a note to Friar_Tuk
The hawk Timmerman is holding the struggling Kylia by her wrists, both wrapped in a single gauntleted hand. Her efforts seem a complete waste as the larger man bends down and wraps an arm around Amburn's waist and hefts her over his shoulder roughly. The movement brings Amburn around and she begins struggling against the hawk, but she can't seem to find a weak point in his armor. He moves steadily toward the transport vessel with the girls.

Chaig's years of fighting and bullying have paid off somewhat. He lands two or three solid hits on his two assailants before the goat manages to get his whip around Chaig's neck. There is a flash of purple light and Chaig chokes out a scream before falling unconscious. Kveit being closest can see black burn around Chaig's neck, and small wisps of black smoke rise from wound. The owl kicks the unconscious child, the goat bends over and grabs him by the wrist and drags Chaig toward the transport following the hawk.

The owl Timmerman is still empty handed, but without anyone actively fighting him he is able to quickly choose someone to take. He approaches the seamstress Aileen Verigar. She is hiding three of the town's orphans children behind her. The owl approaches her and points at her wards. The matron of the orphanage steps forward but the sudden appearance of a three foot blade in the owl Timmerman's hand keeps her back. They exchange words, to quietly to be heard at a distance, but by the woman's gestures, you can guess she is offering herself as well. For some reason the owl considers this acceptable. One of the children is passed to a nearby villager, then Aileen and the other two walk in front of the owl as he prods them toward the transport.
Feb 17, 2016 2:35 am
OOC:
As I said in the OOC thread, at this point if you wish to move into close/melee range with anyone in the town square, a Speed test with a Difficulty of 2(6) is sufficient. If you wish to stay at range, no test needed.
Feb 17, 2016 1:41 pm
Galen moves as quickly as he can to intercept the hawk and free the girls. As he closes the distance he swings Reaver at the Hawk, hoping to make him release the girls
OOC:
Expending 2 points of speed to decrease the difficulty of the speed task to 1

Matching the number means I got it, correct?

10 damage if that's a hit!
Last edited February 17, 2016 1:44 pm

Rolls

Speed task to close the distance - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Attack (Thrust - 8 damage if it hits) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Feb 18, 2016 10:00 pm
Carrick was running full out, terror clawing at his heart as the hawk-headed Timmerman carried the women toward the craft. He cried out to Kylia that he was coming.
OOC:
rolling to get within range for melee
With a roar, he threw himself at the Timmerman, trying to tackle him to the ground.
Last edited February 18, 2016 10:02 pm

Rolls

Speed Check (using 3pts to spend Effort) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Tackle attack (hoping that Carrick's momentum will provide an asset) - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Feb 19, 2016 10:32 pm
OOC:
njohn858 - My apologies for not responding to Naatkinson before you acted. I came down with a cold that sapped all my energy. You can change your action if you want based on the success of Galen's attack, as tackling a dead man might not be the best course of action when he has someone on his shoulder. Keep the speed roll though if you want to get there...which I imagine you do, although your speed Edge of 1 means you only needed to spend 2 points, not 3. So slight refund there.
OOC:
Naatkinson - Yes, a roll equal to the Difficulty is a success. Your Effort was well spent in this case. And, yes that attack hits for a massive 10 damage because of the 18.
Galen's skill with the blade is proven. With one quick lunge he skewers the hawk headed Timmerman by finding the weak point under his arm. Reaver's point exits the enemy's back inches below Amburn's face. The young woman lets out a shriek of surprise when the blood splatters on her face. The watching townsfolk scream in horror and shock. The other Timmermen are have unreadable facial expressions, but confusion is what you would guess is their primary reaction.

The hawk face turns and regards Galen for a moment. This close you can see the human eyes inside the helmet. They are obscured by the tinted material of the visor, but the unmistakable light that was his life can be seen to fade as Reaver drinks deeply of his blood as it pours from the wound. An eternity stretches out between Galen and the Timmerman, then suddenly reality comes back. Galen no longer looks at the face of an enemy, but holds the weight of a corpse and a young woman up with his blade.
Feb 19, 2016 10:43 pm
OOC:
Sounds good. I'll just change it so that Carrick runs to Kylia to comfort her and make sure she's ok. Also, I'll be offline for the next two days. Just FYI.
Feb 19, 2016 11:24 pm
Pha makes it over the woodland terrain the best he can behind the others scanning the combatants for his target until he hears Amburn but tries not to get distracted. His feral features twist as he sees one of the larger targets as his rushes him moving to the Bullheaded one lashing into him with claws.
OOC:
I'll use an XP. Huh I guess well spent! Don't know if I get anything extra. If I hit it'll be 8 damage due to Fists of Fury & Scult Flesh.
Last edited February 19, 2016 11:29 pm

Rolls

Speed Check (Task level 2) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Speed Check using XP - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Attacking with Light Weapon - Fist (One step down need a 9) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Feb 20, 2016 2:12 am
The Bull doesn't even notice as Pha pounces on him. The younger man's claws find some purchase and draw blood despite the heavy armor on his opponent. The bull reels back and roars, gathering himself quickly and charging toward Pha. His huge axe cuts a wide arc as he attempts to decapitate Pha in a single blow.
OOC:
@Remnant...Pha needs to make a Dificulty 4(12) Speed Defense roll or suffer 8 Might damage.
Feb 20, 2016 2:42 am
With the Hawk killed by Galen, seven of the lower ranked Timmermen remain in addition to the Bull and Death.

The Goat was dragging Chaig toward the transport, so he is nearest Galen and Carrick. Owl is herding his three selected charges toward the middle of the green as well, but has stopped in his tracks.

The other five Timmermen step forward to enter the fight. Pha, who is attempting to deal with the Bull, now has the Hound to deal with as well.

Galen and Carrick see the remaining Timmermen close in on them. They are facing off against Goat, Owl, Boar, Badger, and Hyena. Goat maintains his distance to use his whip to full effect. Owl and Badger lunge at Galen, each using some kind of gauntlet with wicked looking claws. Blue-white sparks jump between the ends of each finger. Boar produces a short spear style weapon while Hyena unsheathes a curved blade, slightly shorter that Reaver and begins a whirling dervish display. The assailants close with the swords man as he finishes getting Amburn to her feet.
OOC:
Galen and Carrick need to make Difficulty 4(12) Speed Defense rolls or take 6 Might damage. This is slightly higher than it might be on future turns do to multiple opponents. I figured this would be preferable to multiple attacks from the enemies.
Feb 20, 2016 2:50 am
Galen attempts to ward off the attacks from his opponents.
OOC:
Using an Xp to reroll
Last edited February 20, 2016 2:51 am

Rolls

Difficulty 4 speed defense - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Reroll - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Feb 20, 2016 3:38 am
Well that got his attention...This is probably going to hurt a lot if I don't move out of the way. Pha thought as the larger man countered with a very large ax he clenched his fanged jaw in case it connected.
OOC:
Using Effort to drop it to Task Level 3. Also since I got a 20 on the Speed Task do I get any benefit? In my head I'm currently looking like Blanka.
Last edited February 20, 2016 3:41 am

Rolls

Speed Defense Task Level 3 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Feb 20, 2016 4:26 am
OOC:
Yeah, sorry, you probably should have gotten some kind of benefit for that. I could give the benefit to your damage? It would be 4 additional damage. Call it surprise sneak attack?
Feb 20, 2016 12:32 pm
OOC:
Works for me. I need a red cape now though.
Feb 21, 2016 9:36 pm
OOC:
Can I use onslaught from this distance?
Feb 22, 2016 12:36 am
falryx says:
OOC:
Can I use onslaught from this distance?
OOC:
Assuming you advanced some with the rest of the group, yes. If you stayed hidden in the woods while everyone else rushed in heroically, no
Feb 22, 2016 1:13 am
Yaru, having gotten closer with the rest of his -- seemingly insane -- party is now practically crackling with energy. He focuses on the one with the whip and unleashes a bolt of electricity, arcing through the combatants.

Rolls

Roll to hit (if hit, there's 4 damage) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Feb 22, 2016 1:15 am
OOC:
Defense roll

Taking 2pts Might Damage (-4 for Armor)
The shimmering, yellow sphere hardened at the sword's hack, slowing it considerably before the keen edge cut into Carrick's back as he huddled over the women, protecting them. He twisted around, firing the crossbow at the Timmerman's torso.
Last edited February 22, 2016 1:24 am

Rolls

Speed Defense (no difficulty reductions) - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Crossbow Attack (4dmg if hit) - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Feb 22, 2016 1:20 am
OOC:
Oh yes! I'm always going to post full damage. If you have armor please subtract it.
Feb 24, 2016 1:55 am
Galen retaliates at Owl, working furiously to take another one down before he and Carrick get overwhelmed.

Rolls

Attack - Thrust (8 damage on a hit) - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Feb 24, 2016 3:33 am
Having gotten in a decent sucker punch Pha moved in to deliver another one, it was hard enough to dodge the larger man's attacks when he was surprised.
OOC:
Spending effort again to reduce Task level from 4 to 3. If it hits 8 damage. EDIT: Technically since light weapons reduce the task level one I'd need to make a Level 2 Task Challenge. I just wanted to get a hit in before I get the horns up Main Street.
Last edited February 24, 2016 3:36 am

Rolls

Hit the Bull Task Level 3 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Feb 24, 2016 5:20 am
Yaru grimaces in frustration as his first shot goes wide -- paying little attention to the collateral damage it causes, he focuses another bolt of electricity and lets fly into the Timmermen, trying once more to take the one with the whip down a peg.

Rolls

Onslaught esoterry - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Feb 24, 2016 3:07 pm
Kveit sees her friends in a desperate fight, still bound near Lord Death. I've got to do something! She reaches down into the hidden sheath at her ankle, and pulls out the monoblade the Seer gave her. With its extra-sharp nano blade, she is able to cut through her bindings.

But instead of slashing at Death, Kveit drops her blade and grabs onto Death by the parts of his body she can sense are built of the same sort of nanites her arms and legs are. She grabs hold, then concentrates hard.

Her arms ripple and warp, and Death's do to. Her hands sink into his nanite flesh, merging together somehow.

Kveit screams.
Feb 24, 2016 6:15 pm
Yaru's first blast is arching toward Goat when suddenly it veers off target and gets absorbed by the metal roof built over the town well. None of the Timmermen seem to take notice, but several towns people shriek and move back to avoid being struck. Galen deftly avoids the Owl and Badger as they lunge at him. Carrick avoids the spear, but in doing so leaves himself open to the Hyena's attack. His force field absorbs most of the blow, he takes a wound but is still standing. He fires back with his crossbow, but his enemies are on guard and dance out of the way.

Pha attacks the bull again, and his assault gets through again causing another bleeding wound on the large man. He now sees the Hound creeping up behind him, trident in hand. The Bull raises his ax again and swings for Pha, the Hound charges in to assist his superior.

Yaru moves away from the well and launches another bolt of energy at Goat. This one connects, leaving the Timmerman smoking and reeling. He shakes off the injury the best he can and turns to face Yaru. He dashes forward and raises the whip which crackles with the strange purple energy.
OOC:
Difficulty 3(9) Speed Defense for Yaru. Then you are free to act again.
Owl and Badger still circle Galen. Owl feints an attack, attempting to draw Galen's attention so Badger can get under his defense.
OOC:
Speed Defense Difficulty 4(12) Attacking Owl or Badger is Difficulty 3(9). Give me a defense roll and act again.

Carrick and his Reaver are still dealing with Boar and Hyena. Using the same pack tactics as the other two Timmemen, Hyena feints and attack to set Boar up for a charge.
OOC:
Same as Galen. Speed Defense Difficulty 4(12) Attacking Owl or Badger is Difficulty 3(9). Give me a defense roll and act again.
OOC:
Feel free to post all attack and defense roll together. I will address Kveit's last action after I get an action for the rest of you, but look in the OOC forums for details now if you want.
Feb 24, 2016 6:19 pm
Galen attempts to ward off the attacks before launching a counterattack on Badger.
OOC:
Spending 2 points of spd to reduce defense difficulty

Can I use my major effect from my defense to reduce the difficulty of my attack by one step? My defense knocked him off balance and allowed an effective counter attack, perhaps?
Last edited February 24, 2016 6:21 pm

Rolls

Speed Defense vs 9 (Spending 2 points to reduce) - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Attack - Thrust (8 damage) vs Badger (DC9) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Feb 24, 2016 9:05 pm
Not having time to reload, Carrick dodged the feint, grabbed the stock of the crossbow, and swung it hard at the Hyena.
OOC:
I'm assuming that even though the crossbow is considered a Medium weapon, my using it as a club constitutes it as a Light weapon, decreasing the difficulty by 1 and resulting in 2 damage if hit is successful. I'm going to spend Effort to increase the damage to 5.

Rolling a 19 brings damage dealt to 8 (unless you decide that it's still a Medium weapon, which changes it to 10 damage)
Last edited February 24, 2016 9:07 pm

Rolls

Speed Defense (no modifiers) - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Club Attack (-1 Difficulty) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Feb 24, 2016 10:44 pm
Yaru's eyes open wide as the whip redirects his way -- this was not the plan. The plan was he got to shock people and not take any hits... He does what he can to dodge the whip without inhibiting his ability to throw another bolt of electricity into him.

Rolls

Dodge - Speed vs. 9 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Attack (v9 again) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Feb 26, 2016 1:46 am
Pha shuffles back trying to avoid the larger man's weapon again, unfortunately the extra threat of the one with the trident makes Pha cautious since he's splitting his sight on the two making it harder to defend.

He blacks out a second from the impact as the attack connects but energy ripples up the weapon to the Bull Headed man. The copper taste in his mouth has Pha spitting at he strikes back.
OOC:
I think I take 8 damage - armor but Bull take 1 point damage from hitting me
Last edited February 26, 2016 1:51 am

Rolls

Speed Defense Task Level 5 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Attack Two steps down from Light Weapon usage and effort - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Feb 26, 2016 4:26 am
Galen seems to anticipate the owl's feint and does not buy into it. He is knocks the badger's attack aside with the flat of his blade, knocking the Timmerman off balance and leaving him open for counterattack. The greatsword Reaver strikes true and lands a devastating blow upon the Badger. His armor is sundered and you can see a wound gushing blood. The badger limps backwards and takes up a defensive fighting stance, though his wound makes it clear he no longer has the strength to fight.
OOC:
I accept the decreased Difficulty to attack Badger as the benefit of your natural 20. That is a permanent decrease for anyone attacking Badger, so Difficulty 2(6) to hit this Timmerman. That is the power of the 20.
Carrick has less luck reading his opponents. Falling for Hyena's feint, he commits to his own improvised attack with the stock of his crossbow as a club. He smashes through the eye plate of the Timmerman's armor, and sends him reeling. Carrick;s commitment to the attack leaves him open to the Boar's spear. It slashes Carrick's thigh.
OOC:
Yeah...I think improvising the use of the crossbow as a club makes sense. It wasn't designed to be used that way after all. So you made the right call in my opinion. 6 damage minus armor
Yaru was not anticipating being left alone to deal with Goat, and his inexperience with battle is showing. The energy whip strikes him, leaving a black, smoking wound. The shock of the whip attack throws off Yaru's own energy attack and it strikes the ground far from Goat's feet.
OOC:
Ouch, bad luck on those rolls. Don't forget your Ward armor. It isn't currently on your sheet. 6 damage minus armor
Pha manages to dodge the Hound's trident, but the Bull is to much for him and his ax strikes true, wounding Pha. Pha sends some kind of energy back up the Bull's ax that causes him to release it with a howl. Then taking advantage of the opening, Pha rounds on the Bull and slashes open his throat. The hulking man stumbles back ward two or three steps and collapses to his knees. Shock reads plain in his eyes. One hand covers the wound as blood flows between his fingers at an increasing rate, the other hand is clinched in a fist and trembles. the bull seems to be gathering his strength. He lurches to his feet in a suddenly and moves to charge Pha. However he only makes it a half step before collapsing flat on his face. His ragged breath escapes as a pathetic, wet, choking sound as death overcomes him.
OOC:
Yes, 8 damage minus armor, but the bull is out...for good.
Everyone hears two horrid wailing voices cry out in supreme agony. Turning to see what could be the source of that noise you see Kveit wrestling with Lord Death. Somehow Kveit has escaped her bonds and the young mutant girl is locked in an impossible embrace with the ghoulish Timmerman. Their limbs and bodies seem fused together, Kveit's own bone spur pierces Lord Death's chest while his pale hands, that had been covered in black armor moments ago, attempt to crush her throat. Arching bolts of a strange purple energy erupt form their skin as they scream in macabre harmony. A bolt arcs toward the transport vessel and it rocks with several small explosions. The owl Timmerman rushes toward his leader and is struck by another. In a flash of light that leaves you momentarily blind, his flesh is burned away leaving only a blackened skeleton and a small crater. A group of villagers bolt through the square, headed to homes for protection most likely, the slowest two don't make it, each struck down by their own arcing bolt of death.

It lasts only seconds, but the aftermath leaves everyone stunned and speechless. Roiling clouds of black smoke obscure the place where Kveit and Death last stood. A long moment passes before the smoke clears and you are able to see what remains. The two figures still cling to each other, but they are completely encased in dull gray metal. They look like lovers exchanging an embrace, except their faces are contorted in anguish and hatred and a wordless scream of pain. Their dull eyes locked upon those of their enemy, perhaps forever.

Hound being the closest Timmerman now approaches cautiously. Another spark from the transport makes him flinch and step back. Boar back away from Carrick slowly, keeping his weapon ready and moves toward the transport ship. He takes a device from a compartment and points it at Death and Kveit. Yaru can tell it is some kind of scanner that determines a person's vital health status. "HE'S STILL ALIVE. They are both STILL ALIVE! We are done here brothers! We have to return to the stronghold now if we are to render assistance."

The Timmermen all move away from their opponents. Goat and Badger head for the smaller personal transports, the rest scramble toward Lord Death and Kveit. They begin to lift them onto the transport.
OOC:
It is clear to all of you that the Timmermen are fleeing. You are of course free to choose your actions. No more defense rolls needed.
Feb 26, 2016 1:41 pm
His adoptive father's words sound in Galen's mind, Never give an enemy a chance to flee, for he will come better prepared the next time. Galen growls and charges after Badger, thrusting Reaver right at the fleeing Timmermen's back.
OOC:
Spending 1 might to reduce attack difficulty

Rolls

Attack - (7 damage) vs DC 1 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Feb 26, 2016 2:55 pm
"Don'tw left dem get on da tranfort!" Pha growls around his fangs and he bounds after Goat escaping to the smaller transport device. Bounding towards his target Pha launches into the air ready to drag his prey back into the fray.

Rolls

Attacking with a light Weapon so Task L2 (6 Needed) (Damage 8 on a hit) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Feb 26, 2016 10:07 pm
Carrick's vision was momentarily blocked again as the protective sphere flared around him. He felt the bite of steel in his leg and the weariness of the day settling into him. He stared horrified at the remains of Kviet and pulled Kylia close to his chest, her sobs soaking into his shirt as she clung tightly to him. When the Timmermen called that the petrified duo was still alive, he knew he needed to act. He shushed Kylia and gently pried himself free from her grasp, leaving her with Amburn.

As best he could with the pain in his leg and back, he sped across the clearing and tackled the Hyena, hoping that the statue would be too heavy for the rest to move.
OOC:
Ooh - Major Effect! I'm thinking perhaps that Carrick tackled the Hyena into a couple of other Timmermen, knocking several to the ground. Would that work?
Last edited February 26, 2016 10:18 pm

Rolls

Running Tackle - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Feb 27, 2016 7:07 pm
Yaru's face scrunches in concentration and he gathers energies to launch after one of the Timmermen moving the... statue. Seeing Carrick tackle Hyena, Yaru is careful to ensure that his bolt lands true and does not get in the way of his friend's extraordinary efforts.
OOC:
I'm not naming a specific target due to the 20 above.

Rolls

Onslaught. With effort. (vs 2) - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Feb 27, 2016 11:32 pm
Galen and Pha chase down Goat and Badger who were headed for the personal transport craft. Claw and sword quickly dispatch the wounded Timmermen before they make it aboard their respective crafts. Carrick bodily tackles Hyena and the two tumble into Hound knocking him to the ground.

The Timmerman Boar is struggling to drag the fused Kveit and Death aboard the transport. Yaru lets loose another bolt...
OOC:
So...@falryx...GM Intrusion time...

I am allowing Carrick to tackle Hyena (and eliminate him from the fight as Hyena was gravely injured...so one captured Timmerman) and they knock down Hound because of the 20 (Hound being the only one available).

Now, time to choose...target Hound and your roll of 10 hits him and you capture another Timmerman, but Boar gets on the transport with his leader(and Kveit). Or, choose Boar and stop him from getting away, knowing there will be consequences, for Death and Kveit as well, but you and another player get an XP. I know it should be a pass fail situation, but I think this is dramatically tense.
Feb 28, 2016 2:37 pm
OOC:
Yaru would be going after the Boar -- to his mind, having Death and Kveit present in the village is a bargaining chip against the Timmermen. If I pick up an XP then I'd hand an XP to Carrick for his tackle.
Feb 29, 2016 1:12 am
The Timmerman Boar is struggling to drag the fused Kveit and Death aboard the transport. Yaru lets loose another bolt of electricity directly at him. It arcs and seems to amplify just before hitting it's target, the two people he was carrying, and the transport vehicle. An explosion from the transport rocks the village square. The buildings closest to the transport landing area are damaged. Windows shatter and support beams crack. The villagers and the Seer all duck for cover. The smoke thins and you can see the large transport, and the ground around it, are on fire. Kveit, Death and Boar can be seen laying on the ground in the middle of the flames.

The Hound Timmerman, the last remaining active Timmerman solider, is scrambling to his feet and running toward a personal transport. He slams a fist down on the control console and the vehicle powers up.
Feb 29, 2016 1:29 am
"Don't letf him leavef!" Pha backs bounding after a new target. Pha chasing after the final moving target in the choas snarling as he jumps on behind the surviving member of the group his claw lashing out searching for the flesh under his rib cage.
OOC:
Attacking with Effort. Using the Shocker... *snickers* Edit: 18 Damage since it's a hit.
Last edited February 29, 2016 1:29 am

Rolls

Light Weapon attack (Two step down for difficulty) Task Level 1 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Feb 29, 2016 2:57 am
OOC:
Man...overkill much! ;P
Pha leaps onto the back of Hound just as he finishes the power up sequence. The surge of the shocker overloads the machine and it hurtles into the sky, taking Pha and the dead (read: CRISPY) Timmerman with it.

On the ground, fire from the explosion on the larger transport has spread to the some of the festival structures. If not dealt with quickly the whole aldiea could be in danger. The chaos and terror have spread throughout the villagers and no one seems to be taking charge. Many of the council members have disappeared in the confusion.
OOC:
That's the end of this scene but the next one(s) will pick up right after.

Thread locked