Character Generation

load previous
Dec 16, 2016 3:46 pm
I did it that way for the feat. I assume Snowy did the same.
Last edited December 16, 2016 3:46 pm
Dec 16, 2016 4:37 pm
Cancerman has it right I did it for the feat

As for the Kenku. He is the typical Kenku and is obsessed with flying. He is great at mimicking people and has managed to trick some people into giving him information that they shouldn't and this has lead him to Phandalin as some old scripture speaks about how their used to be a magical source near by but his search for flight has eluded him as it appears that no one knows what he is talking about. Now he spends his day working the mine and drinking at the bar until he finds something else of interest to preoccupy his mind.
Dec 16, 2016 4:55 pm
A feat? Aren't feats taken at every 4th level instead of ability increases? Sorry, I'm not too familiar with 5th edition.
Dec 16, 2016 5:21 pm
Normally yes. But the previous GM seems to had put in place the option to take a feat if you declare what class you want to play if you take the stats going straight down. It's a house rule.
Dec 16, 2016 6:43 pm
Huh, can I take a feat for my straight 3d6 rolls even though I didn't declare a class first?
Dec 16, 2016 11:29 pm
As the original DM says here,
fluglichkeiten says:
No, you had to call your class AND do the rolls for the free feat otherwise you could just wait to see what you get then pick the optimum class for those stats AND get a bonus feat.
I recommend reading the character generation info section of the Game Details page and if not the entire thread then at least the GM's posts. ;-)
Dec 17, 2016 2:23 am
Oh, I see.
Honestly, seeing how the feats have been nerfed in 5E, I don't feel they'd be worth limiting yourself that way for one. But that's just me.
Dec 17, 2016 2:38 am
I think it's probably more just the challenge of "making it work" and the risk involved with dice rolls of no return.

My character is done, and I've PM'd my backstory-of-sorts to Marithyme.
Dec 18, 2016 11:30 pm
I took the extra feat, got odd rolls and molded the roleplay around him being an old man lol.
Dec 6, 2017 4:41 pm
3rd level HD for Milo

Rolls

Milo's HD: 1d8 - (1d8)

(7) = 7

Dec 19, 2017 5:03 am
HP

Rolls

HP - (1d8+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

You do not have permission to post in this thread.