Out-of-Character

Feb 1, 2016 11:22 am
Hi everyone.

I have already put up the first post of the game, I know I'm jumping the gun a bit but I just wanted to make sure everything is set up properly.

This thread, as the name suggests, is for any out-of-character conversations that we may need to have.

When everyone has finished creating their characters you need to fill in a character sheet on the menu above, save it, then go into the game and submit it. I will then be asked to approve the character and, when I have, you can post in the game thread in-character (you can test that function in here if you like).
Feb 1, 2016 12:18 pm
Am I approved? :)

Rolls

Rolling to backflip and land it with style - (1d20+1, 1d20)

1d20+1 : (14) + 1 = 15

1d20 : (18) = 18

Feb 1, 2016 10:12 pm
Indeed you are.
Nice backflip by the way, I particularly liked the flourish on landing!
Feb 15, 2016 2:21 pm
Thanks for inviting me to this game, Fluglichkeiten. Glad to be here! :-)

By way of introduction, I'm Jabes. I'm from Manila, Philippines (GMT+8). Besides the time zone difference I also keep odd work hours as I am a chef running my own cake business. We like making geeky cakes. Here's one, and here's another. :-)

I was introduced to D&D almost 30 years ago (AD&D back then) and to this day I still play with the same group of guys, my best friends. We played 3.5E when that came out and spent 10 years on a campaign, skipped 4E, and recently started a 5E campaign. I'm fairly new to PbP, having only discovered GP earlier this year. It's been fun trying out new game systems and character concepts I would never have gotten off the ground in my IRL games.

Looking forward to this adventure with you guys! Cheers!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, down to business:

Which (if any) of the optional Combat Options from the DMG are you implementing, Fluglichkeiten?
*Climb onto a bigger creature – DMG 271:
*Disarm – DMG 271:
*Overrun – DMG 272:
*Shove aside – DMG 272:
*Cleaving through creatures – DMG 272

I am equally ok with all, some or none of the above being in play. I just want to know how you intend to run things. In the past I made the mistake of creating a character based on a certain concept and it was got approved but in the end the character felt blah because having been limited by th rules (which I hadn't thought to ask about in the beginning) he couldn't do many of the things I had envisioned him doing.
Last edited February 15, 2016 2:44 pm
Feb 15, 2016 3:26 pm
Let me be the first to welcome you, I'm playing Racso the gnome who has a clockwork prosthetic arm, slightly cowardice and not very trustworthy with some of the things he does lol new to dnd but have done role playing for a while (totally different type of RPing) the time zone shouldn't be an issue, IRL dnd sure but pbp is totally fine, I'd say we are more active than the usual PBP 1 per day but on days it's been one a day, we just got held up by a member due to work and stuff but we go by ear

Concerning rules and stuff I think everything from the books are fine, it's when home brewing comes in it starts to get a bit hazy but I'm not the DM so yeah lol just create a character or concept and speak to flug
Feb 15, 2016 3:32 pm
I'll need to look the rules up when I get home and I'll let you know. In all probability I'll allow all of them on the basis of more options for the players equalling more fun all round, but I should check them just to be sure.

I spent a couple of months in the Phillipines about 6 years ago and really loved it. I hope to go back with my family one day. I didn't really see Manila but stayed on various islands, the longest duration being on Siquijor for Semana Santa. It was an experience I won't forget.
Feb 15, 2016 3:58 pm
Hey there, good to have you on board. I already like your creative mind. I'm new to dnd, only been playing since November as a DM for my group of newbs. It's been great. I'm here to get some experience as a player, Fodigan Starsk being my first of hopefully many. Fodigan is an older farmer recently inspired to go on an adventure. He's a lackluster fighter, however makes up for it in other ways. I look forward to your characters, Flug has been great help with character creation. We got a good DM, so I'm sure your characters will come to life. Oh, also... my girlfriend is half Filipino lol... yeah, fun fact. xD
Last edited February 15, 2016 3:59 pm
Feb 15, 2016 6:02 pm
Well like I said D&D 5e is fun even without the extras. I've just found that it's important to ask so we're all on the same page. :-)

Hey, Filipino connections! This is fun! I don't want to get into it too much as I might bore you guys, but I injected a bit of my culture into another game on this site. With the GM's help I homebrewed a tikbalang fighter. Too bad that forum is private. I wonder if I can do something here without any homebrewing (unless Fluglichkeiten is up for it)

So anyway, Lost Mines. I read your adventure so far and I really like the way everyone is playing their character. All very interesting personalities. Not sure what I want to play yet. Any requests? :-)
Last edited February 15, 2016 8:01 pm
Feb 15, 2016 6:47 pm
Concerning you're character is suggest going for something you want, I feel like if you catered around a style to fit the group then it could just make you enjoy it less, go for what you want and will enjoy, go a bit crazy if you want lol
Feb 15, 2016 9:12 pm
Jabes, I have read the optional rules you mentioned and am happy to use all of them.
Feb 15, 2016 10:13 pm
It would appear I'm a little late to the greetings party. I go by Remus, and I play Khatali the pirate and fighter. I've been playing D&D most of my life, but that's more due to the virtue of my youth rather than experience. I started playing in 4e, which I thought was great until I started 5e. I shudder when I look back at the 4e rulebooks. Also, I'm from Northern Ireland in the United Kingdom.

Because of our current party situation, it seems as though cleric, druid or wizard would be good choices for classes, but I don't want to say anymore so that you aren't restricted. It's always your character and that should never be influenced by anyone else.

Seeing as we're all throwing down our Filipino connections, my brother has a friend who also lives in Manila.

Anyways, it's good to meet you and I look forward to roleplaying with you.

P.S. That's some seriously badass cake!
Feb 17, 2016 8:03 am
Why don't you guys go ahead? Jabes' character could be captured inside or might hear the commotion and come to investigate, depending on backstory.
Feb 20, 2016 11:35 am
I've been meaning to ask where's Zsux in all this but now I see he's slipped his bonds and has been spotted by one of the goblins. So now we're dealing with 1 last goblin (about to engage Fodigan) and one unrestrained wolf (engaged with Maliksi), right? How far apart are they? Are/were any of the goblins armed? I'm just waiting for Khatali, before I post.
Feb 20, 2016 11:58 am
Well we don't know where Zsux stands with the group, he's helped us and he wants the bugbear gone but we are killing his people so to say, there's no way we would expect with all the commotion to be worried about Zsux and if he's escaped or not, there's wolves and shit lol if he is going to blindside Frodigan there's no way anyone's really going to be able to stop it IMO not even Frodigan himself

The goblins have yet to attack so we don't know but I would expect the last remaining goblin to have a sword, I'm expecting that the wolf handler was unarmed due to holding two wolves and the other two had swords and possibly bows, either way expecting upon there person to be swords, bows or both

Enemies currently;
1 goblin at cave entrance
Wolf heading towards Maliksi
Injured Wolf retreated back to cave
Possibly Zsux
Last edited February 20, 2016 12:00 pm
Feb 20, 2016 1:36 pm
I will likely attack the goblin next. As per Zsux, I'm not sure. He can't sneak attack me. Alert plus 21 passive perception. I'd let him go, honestly. He's not running into the cave to alert them. Maybe... maybe I want to kill Zsux. All goblins should die. Whose turn is it now??
Feb 20, 2016 2:13 pm
We surprised wolves who have clearly been raised to hunt people other than goblins and couldn't sense us and they have better senses than a human but they where hunting a specific person so they didn't get it, passive perception is exactly that, passive, you are not being passive or keeping Gaurd or whatnot, you're literally doing the opposite of being passive

The alert feat gives you not being surprised

Flug can still roll initiative and can still attack you he just won't have a free round against you
Last edited February 20, 2016 2:18 pm
Feb 20, 2016 4:13 pm
The goblins are (were) all armed with scimitars and short bows, they just didn't get a chance to use them (yet).
Feb 20, 2016 10:38 pm
SirRockNRolla says:
We surprised wolves who have clearly been raised to hunt people other than goblins and couldn't sense us and they have better senses than a human but they where hunting a specific person so they didn't get it, passive perception is exactly that, passive, you are not being passive or keeping Gaurd or whatnot, you're literally doing the opposite of being passive

The alert feat gives you not being surprised

Flug can still roll initiative and can still attack you he just won't have a free round against you
Passive Perception isn't something someone turns on or off. How Flug handles it is up to him, adjusting the DC to change the difficulty. My character just has a heightened sense of awareness from his stats, though I can still get clocked via initiative easily. I don't think negating one of my core stats is entirely fair. Anyways, just my two cent, don't overly care either way. Flug knows what he's be doin' lol
Feb 21, 2016 2:10 am
Maliksi can see the last wolf and the last goblin. Does he see Zsux as well?

I'm waiting for Khatali and the goblin's actions before I post. Unless you want me to go ahead and post. My actions probably won't have any bearing on Khatali's or the goblin's (I'm just going to cast Mage Armor).
Feb 21, 2016 7:42 am
Maliksi is just inside the tree line, about 20 ft from Zsux and Frodigan. The trees and undergrowth aren't particularly dense, so yes he would be able to see them.

Frodigan is slightly behind Zsux from Maliksi's point-of-view.

Yeah, we can wait for Khatali. Remus usually posts fairly regularly.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.