Session 1: Before the RPS Tournament

Feb 16, 2016 10:20 pm
It's a cold, early Monday morning. Boss Floyd is still asleep in his room, he wanted to get a full night rest before his busy day today.

As professional maids, you are all awake, fully geared up, and ready to go.

The large clock in the middle of the common room ticks away and shows that it is 0457 AM.

What do you do?

See the "Hotel Tour" thread for the daily schedule and the map of the hotel
Feb 17, 2016 12:56 am
With a hand over her mouth Akita yawned as she waited outside the Boss's room. Fanged teeth jutted out mentally thinking of breakfast and coffee some time in the future after the morning routine. Her ears twitched and her tail swayed as she looked down at her watch and nodded. Rolling her neck and shoulders she was knocked on the door to the Master's bedroom sharply. She'd wait for a reply but if not she'd wait and open the door after some time.

Time to go to work. she thought to herself.
Last edited February 17, 2016 12:56 am
Feb 17, 2016 2:20 am
Kohaku is in the gym doing her stretches. She is dressed in sky blue lycra spandex shorts and top with a white jersey and basket ball shorts over the top. She is counting on the other maids to get Master Floyd out of bed. Kohaku has planned a few different routines, unsure what his normal plans are. First stretching, then some brisk cardio, followed by weights. She is also prepared for sparring in boxing, kendo and judo if needed.
Feb 17, 2016 3:00 am
You hear some muffled grumbling from inside the master bedroom, looks like you'll have to take some strong actions to wake him up.

AKA: Roll some dice! I'll post Floyd's responses as they happen, and dole out favor after about a day. If you don't regularly post you might miss out on some opportunities.
Feb 17, 2016 4:24 am
Rina sets about the task of preparing some much-needed supplies for the morning ritual. First she makes her way to the kitchen to set a pot of coffee boiling, and then proceeds to the laundry room to retrieve fresh towels for both the morning workout and the following shower, ensuring that they are prepared in advance, silently slipping in and out of the gym, leaving only a neatly folded towel as a sign of her presence.

Returning to the kitchen, she retrieves the coffee and china, along with several bottles of water and places them on a serving tray, and makes her way to the Master Bedroom, where she greets Akita--seemingly appearing from nowhere. Despite the light blues and rich reds of her uniform, it seems that she is the epitome of the unseen servant. "Good morning," she states, smoothly balancing the tray in one hand, raising her hand in greeting with the other. "It seems the Master is still in bed.." She checks her watch, and nods. "Ah. That would explain it." she mutters, nodding again.

Rina sits there staring at her watch for a long pause before nodding to Akita, and letting herself into the bedroom. "Master Floyd, it's time for your wakeup call." she says, all the while placing the tray on a nightstand and pouring, and presenting, a cup of coffee.
Last edited February 17, 2016 4:30 am

Rolls

Skill roll to wake up Floyd (Skill, 4) - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Feb 17, 2016 10:43 am
Floyd's bed has transformed into a ball of sheets and pillows over night, and you can't quite make out where he is in the whole mess. However, his head begins to emerge at the scent of coffee.

"Cawfee, gud... gud cawfee"

He eagerly reaches for the cup of coffee provided by Rina, and begins to take a tentative sip.
Feb 17, 2016 1:32 pm
Akita watches as Rina enters and follows suit soundlessly. "As expected of the Boss, he knows the benefits of coffee prework out." Akita states looking at the time and around after he's taken a sip, "My apologies sir it seems one of your maids is not present yet to wake you before your morning gym workout routine begins. I will try and remind her about the protocol of a Maid's duty to her Master. We should get you ready sir you have a busy schedule today."

Rolls

Morning Greeting with flattery and throwing the third maid under the bus (Cunning 4) - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Feb 17, 2016 11:07 pm
"Akita, please do not speak to poorly of Kohaku. I'm sure she's trying her hardest." She raises a finger and clears her throat. "If one judges a fish by its ability to climb a tree, they will believe all fish to be idiots. Certain people simply are not made for certain jobs. In this case, she has taken the liberty of preparing the gym for Master Floyd's arrival. I, for one, applaud her foresight."

Rolls

Attempting the remove Kohaku from under the bus, Affection 3 - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Feb 18, 2016 12:34 am
"I do not apologize if it offends you but Kohaku is a maid to Boss "Pretty Boy" Floyd at the esteemed Maple Leaf Hotel. Her actions reflect on her master and making the Boss look bad is never good. Regardless of if a fish is told to climb a tree if we are the fish we need to evolve if it is the Master's request." Akita states in her typical monotone voice when talking about being a maid her eyes glossing over slightly. "The Master's Orders are Absolute. Plus he's the best." she adds with a clenched fist her nostrils flare slightly as if very proud of the fact and her ears are erect, her tail swishes back and forth rapidly as if stating the most powerful form of martial arts in the world belongs to their master only. If she was in an anime series the background would change to explosions at this point.
OOC:
Whoops forgot my Affection is 3 in the roll details.
Last edited February 18, 2016 12:35 am

Rolls

Goes full Fangirl over the Boss I guess Affection as well - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Feb 18, 2016 10:54 am
(First, the contest over who woke up the boss)

Floyd groggily stares at Akita attempting to comprehend what she was telling him, but he quickly turns back to the cup of coffee.

"Hmm yes, that's nice Akit-AHH! What is this?! Is this even coffee?! Is this the drink of the gods?!"

He readily gulps down the rest of the cup. He doesn't seem to have noticed what Akita was saying.

"This is the best coffee I've had in my entire life, you should get a raise for this! Gahahaha!.... Well, maybe not that far."

Rina's 24 > Akita's 16! Akita takes 6 points of stress from being ignored!
For successfully waking up the Boss, Rina gains 1d6 favor! (Just roll it on your next post)

Floyd jumps out of bed and begins to get in his workout gear, leaving his bed left a mess. He quickly slips on a white v-neck and fuchsia basketball shorts. While lacing up his running shoes, he overhears Rina and Akita's discussion.

"That's a good attitude Akita. We serve some of the most important guests in the world at my hotels, so there's no room for error. A hotel guest won't care if you are fish, cat, or whatever! The only thing they will know is that they didn't get a 'Good morning~~' from their maid!"

He emphasizes this point by battering his eyelashes and miming a curtsy. He's surprisingly good at curtsying, so you take mental notes on his form and posture.

"Either way, whoever ruins my reputation will find themselves 'disappeared' the next day. You're a skilled employee Rina, I expected you to know this already."

Akita's 18 > Rina's 6! Rina takes 6 points of stress from being scolded.
For showing her loyalty to Pretty Boy Floyd, Akita gains 1d4 favor!

He nods to himself while stretching his arm over his chest and rotates his torso. He then delivers a few jabs into the air while lightly bounding on his feet.

"Maybe you can keep up with me and Kohaku and the gym this time! Gahaha! ... Actually I'm not sure I can even keep with her myself."

While pondering this question, he leaves the master bedroom and heads for the gym.
Feb 18, 2016 1:23 pm
Akita's tail twirls from the sudden praise and puts a hand over her mouth and looks at Rina at the slight counseling given by the Master since it's something to take to heart. She nods agreeing with his words of wisdom at the job and duties of a maid.

"Understood Boosu, I will try and keep up with your greatness and be a maid worthy to serve such a man as you. I will join you shortly." she states her eyes burning and turning into small fireballs since she's all fired up before she bows and he makes his way to the gym.

With the boss out of ear shot Akita puts a hand over her mouth, "Ararara? Rina-san remember if a fish tried to climb a tree it would die first from lack of oxygen... Oh and the boss mentioned cats... I wonder why?" she states in a sideways manner around her hand. Her features take on a more cat like manner as she moves towards the bed. Using Mockery Ability - Adds +2 to Stress another maid took (Target Rina)

"Nyah! nyah nyah nyah nyah!" she says quickly trying to make the bed. After the workout the Boss might figure it would be a great idea to go back to sleep before taking a shower and going to all the meetings on a busy day schedule he had ahead of him. Once done she'd run to catch up.

Rolls

Senpai noticed me =3 Nyah (+1d4 Favor) - (1d4)

(1) = 1

Attempting to make the bed Skill 2 - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Feb 19, 2016 2:04 am
"Your loyalty is admirable, Akita. I am sadly unable to match your enthusiasm. It would seem that my pride is still a weakness. I still find such a level of servitude to be embarassing." Rina states softly. It would almost sound sincere, if not for the haughty look in her eye. She stands, watching what she believes to be some kind of strange ritual conducted on the bed by her cat-eared compatriot and steps forward to assist her. "However, I will not allow for a minor disagreement in method to cause this manor to decline. That is not how one prepares a bed. Please watch carefully." she states, taking hold of the scattered covers and getting to work.

Rolls

Favor gain - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Assist with making the bed. Skill 4 - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Feb 19, 2016 3:15 am
Floyd heads for the gym to find out what training regiment was prepared. Recently he's been interested in MMA matches, he's even made a fair bit of money from bets.

The morning air outside is still cold and damp, and the sky is tinted pink as the sun begins to rise.
Feb 19, 2016 2:39 pm
Kohaku has finished her stretches, and prepared water bottles and towels. She feels her ears burning and wonders who might be talking about her, but brushes it off as inconsequential. When she hears footsteps outside the gym, she gets over to the door and opens it for Master Floyd. She gives him a bow and a warm "Ohayō gozaimasu, Master Floyd! I hope you are well rested. I have prepared the gym for you. We shall start with stretching, as is always advised, then some cardio exercise to get your heart rate up. I am prepared for boxing, kendo, or judo practice today. Then we shall close out with some weight training. According to your regimine, today is a leg day. Shall we begin!"

While she was speaking Kohaku has lead Master Floyd into the open area of the room and sat him on the floor. She begins spotting him, making sure his form is correct and he does not over exert himself.
OOC:
I feel like this part is more of a skill than athletics, which will come later during the combat training.

Rolls

Skill check to help the Boss get ready for his training. (Skill 2) - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Feb 21, 2016 1:59 am
As Kohaku is the only one at the gym, Floyd works with her for the entirety of the workout session. They are the only two at the gym, so their workout feels very close and personal.

"Good morning Kohaku! I see you are ready to go, as usual. Stretching and then cardio, got it. Then we get to spar! Let's do judo today, maybe today I will finally beat you! Gahahaha!"

Kohaku earns 1d6 favor for training with the boss!
She also earns 2d6 favor for creating a atmosphere of camaraderie during the workout!

Both Kohaku and Floyd work up a nice sweat while training, and finally the time comes for sparing. They both don their gis, and face off on a sparring mat. Everything is padded, so nothing will be hurt - except egos. Floyd is a little out of breath, but he still has plenty of energy.

"Gahaha, today you'll witness my special move, the 'Ole Razzle Dazzle'!"

Meanwhile, Rina and Akita are tidying up the master bedroom - unaware of the violent struggle about to take place at the gym. They could get to the gym in time for the sparring, or they could prepare other chores - like the bath or breakfast.

Rina and Akita each earn 1d3 favor for doing simple housework!

All of your maid instincts are tingling. You get the feeling that there will be a catastrophic event in the near future that will affect the master.

Rolls

Giving Kohaku the Ole Razzle Dazzle! (Athletics 2) - (1d6)

(3) = 3

??? - (2d6)

(15) = 6

Feb 21, 2016 10:59 pm
Spending Favor for a random event.

Finishing with saving the cat from her own incom--that is, assisting her in housework, Rina begins to make aimless rounds around the manor.

Rolls

Random Event cost - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Gaining favor from bed - (1d3)

(1) = 1

Feb 22, 2016 12:47 am
The young maid is at first taken aback when the master suggests Judo. It is an art she studied since leaving school to protect herself in the world. The close, potentially intimate, contact the lock and hold based sport level the playing field between her small stature and the statistically larger assailants, but she had suggested it. 'I cannot turn back now!' she thinks to herself as she tries not to let herself blush.

Kohaku also knows that beating the boss handily is not a good idea, but letting him win isn't going to teach him anything. She does everything she can to instruct and critiques without being overly critical, keeping the lesson fun.

Occasionally she stops and demonstrates a techniques, letting Master Floyd try it on her then when the sparring continues, giving him the opening and opportunity to incorporate the new lesson. When he does she acknowledges the good move with a "Well done, sir!" and chides him softly when he misses them, "Ah, I got you there. keep your eyes open."
Last edited February 22, 2016 1:02 am

Rolls

Rolling for earned favor - (3d6)

(632) = 11

Athletics to actually spar (Athletics 3) - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Feb 22, 2016 3:28 am
Rina checks her watch during her rounds and nods to herself, knowing she has a towel prepared in the bathroom already. She then stops and jumps. The soap needed restocking! She rushes to the bathroom to rectify this oversight and, while she is at it, draw the bath.

Rolls

Preparing the bath, Skill 4 - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Feb 22, 2016 8:15 am
Boss Floyd attempts his 'Razzle Dazzle', which involves a lot of twirling and shouting. However, Kohaku easily out maneuvers him and flips him over on his back several times. Even though she took it easy on him, his pride was still hurt. Though, he knows Kohaku is a pure maid, so she'd never intentionally hurt him...maybe.

Kohaku's 15 > Floyd's 6! Floyd takes 7 points of stress!

"Gah..haha-" COUGH "...looks like this is your win, Kohaku. Well done!"

Kohaku helps the master back to his feet, and he begins to hobble off with a small tear in his eye.

"I think I'll take a soak in the tub, tell the others that we'll have breakfast after I get out."

Just a quick note, all of your rooms have their own small bathrooms - but the master bathroom is the only one with the ultra-luxe bathtub! It has and AI installed for the sole purpose of regulating temperatures, and it has 8 waster jets for comfort!

Once he arrives at the bathroom, Floyd has already put his judo loss in the back of his mind. The thought of taking a hot bath during cold weather put a smile on his face and song in his voice. He quickly sheds his clothes, ready for a bath.

Ahh, the epitome of luxury. Being able to take a bath for as long as I want!

Rina, having already been in the bathroom, easily hears Floyd approaching due to him whistling a tune. She knows that he probably doesn't expect to see anyone in the bathroom, but she has no idea how he'll react to seeing her.

What will the pure/cool hearted maid Rina do?

And for that matter...

What is Akita doing during all of this?
How does Kohaku react to wounding her master's pride?
Where is that mysterious fourth maid who might be stuck in a dimensional rift?

Feels like a cheesy cliffhanger. :P
Feb 22, 2016 1:43 pm
Akita paced for a bit vexed her how she was shown how to make a bed more properly… How did she get that sparkle in the sheets! It’s just putting them in place! Biting a handkerchief she eventually made it to the gym. It was empty. Her mouth dropped her jaw falling off and hitting the floor before she dropped to her knees. Late. She quickly recovered though sniffing a place on the gym ground. Boss! She thought to herself before an evil cat grin came across her face and she covered her mouth as she chuckled as she moved into a supply and restocking area grabbing a few things before heading to the kitchen as well.

Oh I’ll show these little ones how to be a maid… Her shadow flashes horns on the wall and she passes through the early morning sunrise on her beeline for the bathroom her tail almost spinning as she ran.
Bounding towards the bathroom Akita flings the door open and moves in seeing the back of the Boss’s head. "Bossu! I’ve brought medicial bath oils to help after your gym time if you’re going to soak in the bath. Plus Brandy, Scotch and Saki, if you’d like the Saki warm. I can scrub your back before your get in if you like…" she began her voice trailing off as she looked down at the Boss from behind. Or rather she looked down at the Boss’ behind. Putting down the tray with the oils and alcohol quickly her eyes flashed as they zoomed in.

"Bossu NICE!" she exclaimed checking out the boss her tail flipping around behind her excited and showing her approval she gave him a double thumbs up as a large cheshire cat grin on her face developed as her eyes lit up like small cross stars before realizing what she just did she picked up the trail again and cleared her throat, "My apologies on being not being present in the gym. Although it is not my strong suit I took the liberty to assist you in your recuperation from the gym instead of showing my short coming in physical strength. The Boss’ body shows the tale of how he came to be a successful self-made man. As stated I’ve brought oils for the bath to soothe muscles and alcohol if you’d like a drink while you soak. There’s a few of your cigars as well in this box… as stated I can attend to you as well and scrub your back if it is the Master’s wishes." she stated moving closer to a few steps behind him and looking at the Boss with her fangs slightly showing as she smiled.
OOC:
Let me know if you want me to roll Affection or Cunning.
Last edited February 22, 2016 1:43 pm

Rolls

Housework - (1d3)

(3) = 3

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.