Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings

load previous
Aug 10, 2017 12:15 am
the Thassilonian Empire? What would this place have to do with that?! Gongar will move up to where Xandak is and take a look around as well.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Aug 10, 2017 12:36 am
Main Group
As Gongar looks around, he sees much the same thing as Xandak. He recalls the strange symbol that they found in the catacombs before and that Archie stated that the symbol was Thassilonian in nature.

Escapees
Ryco removes the infant from the cage and finds that it seems thinner than it should be and breathes shallowly. Looking in the cage, you see that there is fecal matter everywhere and the goblin baby is filthy and has a rather large rash.

As Shadow speaks to the goblin child, it looks at her blankly for a moment before it registers the question. It cocks its head to the side, and in the dim light, you can see that it is covered in scratches and scars. It finally speaks, voice raspy as if it hasn't had a drink in days, "Mother? What mother?" it asks, obviously confused by the concept.
Aug 10, 2017 1:28 am
"You poor child." It takes everything in his power to not drop the infant when he first realizes what it is covered in, he swallows hard and endures through while he attempts to use Prestidigitation to clean it. When it is clean*, he places a hand on the rash and attempts to remove or ease it with Cure Light Wounds.

He looks at Shadow "I'm sorry, I know this is a touchy subject for you but we're dealing with the life of a child, you're going to need to feed it; it's practically a skeleton."
OOC:
*I'm unsure how prestidigitation works in this edition but if it is similar to 5e, I'll use it to clean myself and the child.
Aug 11, 2017 2:52 am
Once clean, the infant looks slightly better, although still far too thin to be healthy.
Aug 11, 2017 9:40 am
Shadow gives Ryco an odd lock and opens the cage for the little goblin. She searches for her waterskin, and pours some water into her hand and proffers it to the little creature.
Aug 11, 2017 7:15 pm
The goblin child that she offers the water to lunges forward and begins drinking from her hand greedily, making altogether too many slurping noises for the amount of water in her hand.
Aug 11, 2017 8:00 pm
"I could of taken care of them, I was talking about the infant." Ryco holds the small goblin baby out to Shadow "I can take Stinky One and Stinky Two out of the room and clean them off, give them food and water. You can stay in here with Stinky Three and do the 'mother' stuff with privacy."
Aug 12, 2017 12:28 am
Shadow gives him an even more incredulous look. "Are you implying that I'm lactating? Because I assure, you, I am not."
Aug 12, 2017 1:26 am
Ryco gives Shadow a concerned look "Are they broken?" His look of concern fades to a stern look, he shakes his head and waves his hand dismissing the conversation "We can talk about your personal problems later. Right now, we need to get these little guys out of here." He cradles the infant on his side; if the others are in a similar cleanliness as the infant was, he'll use prestidigitation to clean them then open the cage of the middle-sized one and picks it up with his other arm. He looks down at Shadow "Even if they know how to walk, in their current condition, I don't think they are able. You can carry Stinky One, yes? Or is Stinky Three a better fit for you?"
Aug 12, 2017 9:27 am
Shadow stands flabbergasted a moment before muttering, "You poor dear." She grabs one of Ryco's many handkerchiefs and soaks it with water. She reaches her arms out for the infant, "I think its best if I take the littlest one."
Aug 12, 2017 7:34 pm
Ryco nods and hands over the infant to Shadow. He takes out his waterskin and pours some water on Stinky Two then lets it drink some. He continues by handing the waterskin to Stinky One and picking it up, he gives a smile to Shadow "Were those stairs a way out?"
Aug 14, 2017 2:53 am
It doesn't take long before you have the children feeling better and looking better as well. By the time Shadow is done with the infant, it is looking and breathing better than before.
OOC:
What are Urthask, Xandak, and Gongar doing?
Aug 14, 2017 12:19 pm
OOC:
We're still in that woman's study, right? Urthask can read and write but isn't the scholarly type. He'll leave yhe poking around to Xandak. Urthask will look at maps though, or anything that looks like a battle plan for invading Sandpoint and such.
Aug 14, 2017 12:28 pm
In their search, the group doesn't find anything specifically relating to an attack on Sandpoint. There are maps of the ancient Thassilonian empire, notes on its history, and partially completed translations, but nothing that would indicate that she is lying about her role here.
Aug 16, 2017 11:49 pm
Jailbirds and Co.

"Well, they were a way up, anyway. Since we came down on our way in, it's reasonable to think up means out," Shadow suggests.
Aug 17, 2017 6:08 am
"I guess we go up than..." Ryco looks at the two goblin child he's holding before looking back at Shadow "I can't do this...I can't just leave. There could be more children here, I have to check behind these doors." He makes his way to one of the closed doors and opens it.
Aug 17, 2017 6:53 pm
Xandak finally decides they won't find much of worth in this room, and motions for the party to continue moving forward as he moves to open the western door.
Aug 17, 2017 7:10 pm
Urthask prepares to stomp through the moment Xandak ooens the door.
Aug 19, 2017 1:03 am
Main Group
OOC:
By your post, I'll assume you meant Eastern door :)
As Xandak opens the eastern door, he finds that it leads to an empty hallway with another door at the end. Moving further down, you don't hear anything through the next door, so you open it as well.

The next room you go into is also empty and has a door on the south wall. The lower four feet of the walls in this empty room are covered with crude drawings in mud, blood, and paint. Most of the drawings show goblins engaged in some sort of violence against humans, horses, or dogs. One picture on the north wall is at least three times the size and complexity of the other scrawlings. This image shows Thistletop from the side, the goblin stockade perched atop it like a crown. A cave has been drawn into the center of the image, and looming inside is what appears to be an immense, muscular goblin with snakelike eyes and a dogslicer in each taloned hand. If the scale compared to the rest of the drawing is to be believed, this goblin must be at least thirty feet tall.

Escapees
As Ryco opens the middle door on the south wall, he finds it opens into a long hallway. As you open the door, you see a startled goblin standing there. He looks at you, quite confused and unsure what to do.

Map
Aug 19, 2017 3:34 am
Ryco contemplates whether to just close the door or confront the goblin in front of him, looking at the children in his arms, he decides on the latter. "Are you responsible for these children? You know the lack of feeding is one thing, but leaving them to sit in their own excrement? That is beyond low. Who do you think you are, that you can just treat children like this. Are there any more in here that I need to rescue?"
load next

Thread locked