Chapter 2, Days 8-10

load previous
May 12, 2016 4:57 pm
Pawetha bows as she is introduced. "We are here to investigate, and perhaps put an end, to an army of hobgoblins and other creatures seeking to destroy this vale," she says, answering the question. "The Red Hand, as the horde calls itself, has gathered in the mountains to the west and by all indications are on the march. According to our reconnaissance, they are also responsible for the blockades near your homeland and may be camped in the ruins of Rhest."
May 13, 2016 2:09 am
"And dragons. Don't forget the dragons." I nod solemnly beside her.
May 16, 2016 11:46 am
"Yes, I'm afraid there may also be dragons involved in this all," Zaris adds, bowing to his elven kin. "We somehow managed to defeat one, but we are very much afraid more are involved. It could be devastating to many if the hoard continues."
May 16, 2016 12:01 pm
Unsure what I could add that wasn't already said, I offer my silent support to my comrades with a grim look and a nod should any of the elf leaders (I assume) look me in the eye.
May 16, 2016 1:28 pm
The woman's expression saddens as you speak, "I wish to thank you for slaying the harrowblade. Regretfully, it had slain one of our kin, Trellara's brother. Killian found his obsidian ring in the beast. As you have seen, the marsh is growing dangerous. We have long struggled to hold these beautiful lands for our own. The local lizardfolk have vexed us for many decades, but now a new peril stalks the Blackfens. I would be surprised if this new evil was not of the same origin as the hoard that you say threatens the rest of this valley." She leans back in her chair, "We are too consumed with our own battles here in the fens, and are much to small a force, to make a difference in a battle such that you describe is to fall upon the walls of Brindol. But, perhaps, if the hoard is the origin of the harrowblades, finding their origin and destroying it, might aid us such that we could spare more scouts and warriors, and also help weaken the hoard."
OOC:
Persuasion checks from everyone please. Also, at this juncture you are free to ask Sellyria questions.
May 16, 2016 1:43 pm
"Stemming the flow of evil from its source is a good idea. Together, we may be able to do this."
OOC:
Ok, so two high rolls for persuasion in a row. I have found my niche. Screw combat apparently.
Last edited May 16, 2016 1:43 pm

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

May 16, 2016 3:37 pm
Zaris nods in agreement.

Rolls

Pursuation - (1d20)

(9) = 9

May 16, 2016 4:17 pm
"I have complete faith that, together, we can defeat the horde!"

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+1)

(17) + 1 = 18

May 16, 2016 4:36 pm
"You mentioned a harrowblade?" asks Pawetha, interested in the fauna of the marshlands. "Was that the only of its kind, or have there been others you've encountered?"

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20-1)

(12) - 1 = 11

May 16, 2016 4:36 pm
"The more fists in a fight, the more sure the outcome."

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

May 16, 2016 8:17 pm
"I am glad you are willing to help us. Indeed, there have been many harrowblades in the fens, and their numbers have been steadily on the rise these past few weeks. They are solitary creatures, fortunately, but still are quite dangerous even alone. You will find yourselves welcome here at Starsong Hill. We will clean out two of the sleeping tents currently being used to store provisions for you to rest in, should you need to rest. You may consider them your home for the duration of your stay with us here."
May 16, 2016 8:30 pm
Zaris makes a bow towards the elf. "We thank you for your generosity."
May 16, 2016 8:37 pm
Pawetha bows at the offer. "Thank you for your hospitality. I hate to impose further, but do you have boats or other transportation across the marsh?" The ranger surmises that the owls must be precious to these elves, and wouldn't think to simply allow strangers their use.
May 17, 2016 3:19 pm
She nods, "Yes, we can provide boats. Alternatively, depending on where you are going to, Killian's scouts may be able to adjust their flight path to drop you off. You'd be on your own for returning, of course."
May 17, 2016 4:22 pm
"Speaking of," says Pawetha, looking at Killian, "if possible, I would like to speak with the scouts..." a quick glance at the crying elf, "... before we head out."
May 17, 2016 4:28 pm
Killian's pose and expression remains fixed, "As you need. They'll have nested their owls by now, and will be preparing meals."
May 17, 2016 4:55 pm
Pawetha nods and steps back, clearly done with her line of questions and concerns.
May 17, 2016 9:25 pm
From my pack, I unroll the unfortunately damaged oil painting of Tiamat. "This is our true enemy." Displaying it for dramatic effect, I slowly pan the painting around to show everyone. "This army - or whoever is leading it - is ultimately serving Tiamat." After a brief dramatic pause, I carefully roll the painting back up. "I thought you should know."
May 18, 2016 11:33 am
The elf frowns, "I had suspicions that dragons were involved. The harrowblades, I'm sure you noticed, bear resemblance to the great skybeasts."

Killian speaks up, "A hoard requires a banner to move its members and rally others to its cause. The banner of an evil god is as good as any, I suppose." His tone is dismissive.
May 18, 2016 3:42 pm
"Tiamat may be contained for the time being, but there is no telling what the ultimate plans of this hoard are. If that hideous wyrm is released into this world..." Zaris doesn't finish the comment and shakes his head.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.