Chapter 2, Days 8-10

load previous
Apr 7, 2016 2:34 am
Pawetha looks at the ground, cheeks flush. "I'm... sorry," she says, quietly. "I... forget sometimes... that being a guide means doing more than just carving a trail."

The ranger turns away from the group and continues north, touching an arm to her face only briefly.
Apr 9, 2016 4:54 pm
"I don't mean to be harsh, but I have read much about tracking in the woods in my days in the Academy. Book knowledge can be useful as well," the wizard replies.
Apr 9, 2016 9:07 pm
"Zaris, that's all well and good if it keeps us and you alive. You got any info that's going to help us right now?"
Apr 10, 2016 11:45 pm
Zaris looks down, face becoming just the slightest shade of red. No, I'm afraid not. My apologies to you all." He takes the potion and smiles. "Thank you for your kindness."
Last edited April 11, 2016 6:56 pm
Apr 11, 2016 12:34 am
I hand him Zaris a healing potion. "Here, take this. Let's all keep moving. We'll have plenty to discuss when we're somewhere safe. And cheer up! We can handle anything! We just need to work together!" Geez, I thought Kaiakas was the only downer in the group.
Last edited April 11, 2016 1:30 am
Apr 11, 2016 12:59 am
Hearing Xara's comment, I turn my head slightly with one raised eyebrow. Not saying anything, I shrug and go about my business.
Apr 11, 2016 3:25 pm
Day 10

The next few days pass without event, mostly thanks to Pawetha's keen senses and woodland knowledge, the group is able to avoid significant conflicts with other creatures of the woods. Sitting in a small clearing, making breakfast over an equally small cook fire, the discussion turns to the course of action. During the previous day's hiking the ground has grown softer as you've neared the Blackfens. By the map, if you head due north east you will arrive at the place where the red hand has set up a roadblock on the Rhest Trail. On the other hand, if you go due north, a day and a half of travel across the Blackfens will take you to the ruins of Rhest.
Apr 11, 2016 6:55 pm
Sipping on his tea, Zaris looks out to the north and ponders what state the ruins of Rhest would be in. "A road block set up means the Rend Hand most likely have scouts in the area. Perhaps avoiding that and making towards Rhest is our best course of action." He puts his tea down and looks over at the others. "Your thoughts my friends?"
Apr 11, 2016 7:02 pm
The gnome spends some time away from the main group, crouched in the undergrowth. Her eyes flit along the canopy, looking for a bird or other small creature native to these woods.
OOC:
Hoping to find a willing candidate for Speak with Small Beasts. Perhaps they have knowledge of the area, specifically Rhest or the roadblock.
Apr 11, 2016 7:08 pm
"Agreed Zaris, bolstering our small band with the elves of Rhest will make the assault on the roadblock much easier." Ghunril finishes stirring the pot and looks over to Kaikas and Xara, "Do you feel the same or should we gather some info on roadblock to take as much info to the elves as possible?"
Apr 11, 2016 7:16 pm
"You can never go wrong with more intel." I devour the small creature being roasted over the campfire. It tastes delicious, whatever it is.
Last edited April 11, 2016 7:41 pm
Apr 11, 2016 7:23 pm
Pawetha finds herself a small bird, a small brown wren of some kind. It chirps as the druid approaches, but does not flee, allowing Pawetha the time to incant her spell and communicate with the little creature... in response to her inquiry the bird chirps, its sound cheery but, as Pawetha can understand its meaning, the message is far from pleasant, "Scary beasts. Scaled. Invade the wet place. Big block on road. Many thick skinned humans. Very big one too."
Apr 11, 2016 7:35 pm
Pawetha offers the wren a bit of food, and trills her thanks. She crawls out from the undergrowth on all fours to rejoin the party and relay her new-found information.

"Seems like the roadblock's got some power, but Rhest isn't much easier by the sounds of it," she says, rising to her feet at the edge of the clearing. The earth streaks her face like natural camouflage, especially given the way she absently smears it across her cheeks with a forearm. "Something reptilian, a number of them, have taken up residence in the ruins. Wherever the elves are, they're not at Rhest."
Apr 11, 2016 8:09 pm
This is disappointing news," the wizard says upon hearing of the reptiles. "Any idea where my fellow elves would retreat to in these parts if threatened Pawetha?"
Apr 11, 2016 8:21 pm
Pawetha considers. "No," she says. "But I'll try to find out."

With that, the gnome dives into the undergrowth once again, belly-crawling this way and that until she finds her small animal friends to ask where the elves reside.
Apr 11, 2016 8:31 pm
"We may find many enemies at the roadblock. It could just be a few downed trees. Perhaps we should find out."
Apr 11, 2016 9:02 pm
The bird chirps, "The helpful pointy earned ones live everywhere!"
Apr 11, 2016 9:10 pm
Pawetha twitters with glee! "Are they near, watching us? We would like to meet them. Maybe they'll help us get rid of the beasts in the wet place!"
Apr 11, 2016 10:48 pm
The bird chirps back, happy to have someone to converse with, 'No, they stay to the wet ground.'
Apr 11, 2016 11:30 pm
Pawetha rewards the bird for the information with another morsel, and returns to the party in the same manner as before. "The Blackfens," she says, pointing north. "We'll have to cross it regardless on the way to Rhest, so hopefully we'll come across one of their border patrols."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.