Chapter 4: Adventures in Blingdenstone

load previous
Jul 1, 2016 1:49 pm
That night you are fed well and housed in an empty residence. The rest is much-needed and you wake up feeling better than you have in weeks. You make your way to the Diggermattock Hall for the meeting to find that you are the last ones there.

In attendance already (you are given introductions to everyone you haven't met yet):

Dorbo and Senni Diggermattock, as representatives for the citizens of Blingdenstone

Nomi Pathshutter and Gurnik Tapfinger, representing the Stoneheart Enclave (religious organization)

Kazook Pickshine, representing the Miner's Guild

Trisk Adamantelpiece and the ghost of Burrow Warden Jagder (quite the shock for you all to see a ghost in attendance!), representing the Burrow Wardens

Chipgrin Goldwhisker, representing the Goldwhisker Clan

After the introductions are over, Dorbo turns to you as a group, "You were the last to enter the caverns containing the oozes. Perhaps you'd like to tell us what you saw down there?"
Jul 1, 2016 4:54 pm
"It was horrible," begins Hunter. "The walls of a great cavern were covered in slime. Dripping, sickening green slime. Dozens of living ooze crawled along the floor, heaving forward and reaching out."

The half-elf uses Prestidigitation to create small illusions depicting what she saw, holding them aloft in her hand. With each statement, she adjusts the illusion to reflect her words.

"In the center of the cavern was a large spherical structure, held up off the floor by stone pillars. It was also covered with slime, black swirls with yellow and grey." Hunter's imagery shifts into a representation of the sphere.

"And finally, there came a voice. I know not from where," Hunter says. She tries to mimic the tone of the voice from the cavern, assisted by Prestidigitation, "It said, 'What's this, what's this? Visitors? Now? Not yet! We're not ready! Go away, pests! I will call upon thee and all of Blingdenstone to announce our glad tidings of the Faceless Lord to come at the proper time! Begone!'"

Hunter lowers her hand, and the images fade.
Jul 1, 2016 5:06 pm
"Ye could have stopped at 'It was horrible'" Elfog grunts as a shudder runs down his spine.
Jul 1, 2016 6:01 pm
Good memory. I look around the room, judging the reactions of those who appear to be in power.
Last edited July 1, 2016 6:02 pm

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

Jul 1, 2016 7:18 pm
Mai'ngor almost laughs at Elfog's remark, had a chill not run up his spine as well at the horrible memory of the oozes.
Jul 5, 2016 6:52 pm
The others take everything in stride, and Chipgrin speaks as you mention the voice, "That must be the one controlling the oozes speaking."

Dorbo responds, "Sounds like it. If we can take care of him, the attacks may stop, but the forces arrayed against us are far too much to handle. We're going to need some additional assistance. The addition of the Goldwhiskers are a great boon to us already, as they're already hardier than most due to their gift," he says diplomatically.

Nomi Pathshutter speaks up in reverent tones, "If we could find Entemoch's Boon, we could summon a host of earth elementals to aid in the reclamation of the city," she turns to you newcomers and continues, "Entemoch's Boon is a sacred chamber somewhere outside the city that empowers any elemental summoned through it."

"Any elemental brought in could be corrupted by Ogremoch's Bane in the battle. It would be disastrous if they turned on us halfway through the fight," Gurnik Tapfinger warns, "If we could cleanse the Steadfast Stone, then we could banish Ogremoch's Bane and we'd be free of that possibility."

"I can trade for some higher quality weapons from Gracklstugh. Perhaps better weapons will stand up to the oozes, since most of what we got corrodes on contact with the bastards," Kazook Pickshine offers.
OOC:
I will give you all a bit of time to offer your input at this point before I continue to push things along.
Jul 5, 2016 7:11 pm
Hunter asks, "Ogremoch's Bane?" She has follow-up questions regarding Entemoch's Boon and the Steadfast Stone, but it seems this Bane may be at the root of the perceived risk in the gnomes' plan.
Jul 5, 2016 7:22 pm
"Ogremoch's Bane is a cloud of malevolent energy that resides in Inner Blingdenstone. It has the ability to corrupt any elementals that we summon and turn them against us," Gurnik explains.
OOC:
Entemoch: The good prince of Elemental Earth
Ogremoch: The evil prince of Elemental Earth
Jul 5, 2016 7:27 pm
"And the Steadfast Stone?" asks Hunter. It is a leading question to determine what must be done to cleanse the... item, she supposes.
Jul 5, 2016 9:52 pm
"I'm be favoring any thing that would help against that ooze! Point us to that boon and let's get at it." Elfog offers, eager to gain any help he can to deal with the slime.
Jul 6, 2016 3:53 am
"Any reason we can't do both? Get rid of the stuff makin' the ol' Elementals go bad and find whatever will boost them?"
Jul 6, 2016 12:58 pm
Mai'ngor nods. "I agree with Soliin. Cannot we do both?"
Jul 6, 2016 1:38 pm
"So now we're cleaning a rock and then tracking down a special summoning room?" I rub my eyes.
Jul 6, 2016 1:43 pm
"First, the Steadfast Stone must be cleansed, then we can banish Ogremoch's Bane. I will give you the tools you will need if you'd like to attempt this task. First you will need a specially enchanted ruby that I will provide to you, then you will have to make your way to the Stone and insert the ruby into a socket in the menhir there, which will begin the cleansing process. The corruption there may try to interfere, so you should be prepared for a fight," he explains, giving you a moment to digest the information before continuing, "Now, once the stone is cleansed, I imaging Ogremoch's Bane will soon show up to begin corrupting it again, so I will provide you will a scroll of banishment, which should rid us of the troublesome thing for good. Be wary, if it doesn't work, then you will need to flee quickly."
Jul 6, 2016 3:27 pm
"Alright, sounds like a fine plan. I'll do it! Where's this ruby?"
Jul 6, 2016 4:43 pm
"Just so we're adequately prepared," begins Hunter, "what sort of 'corruption' are you talking about?"
Jul 6, 2016 10:32 pm
"As long as it ain't ooze..." Elfog says quietly to Hunter.
Jul 7, 2016 8:10 pm
"I hold the ruby with me now. The corruption I speak of comes from Ogremoch's Bane, twisting the power of the elements. I can't say what manner of trouble it will throw your way, but I am confident you can handle it."
Jul 7, 2016 8:17 pm
"Ogremoch's Bane is an earth elemental?" Hunter asks, seeking confirmation. She fights to keep her eyes from narrowing and rolling at Gurnik's 'confidence.'
Jul 7, 2016 8:19 pm
I scratch my head and attempt to recall anything I may have heard about this 'bane'...

Rolls

Arcana/Nature? - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

load next

Thread locked