Chapter 4: Adventures in Blingdenstone

load previous
Jul 7, 2016 8:20 pm
Naatkinson says:
"Ogremoch's Bane is a cloud of malevolent energy that resides in Inner Blingdenstone. It has the ability to corrupt any elementals that we summon and turn them against us," Gurnik explains.
OOC:
Entemoch: The good prince of Elemental Earth
Ogremoch: The evil prince of Elemental Earth
Jul 7, 2016 8:23 pm
Hunter nods, holding up a hand to acknowledge her mistake. "Sorry, it's a lot of information to process." She exhales as she digests the prospect of warding off malevolent energy.
Jul 7, 2016 9:33 pm
Elfog tilts his head to the left, cracking his neck. He then tilts his head to the right, repeating the procedure. "Elementals I can handle. Nice and solid they be!"
Jul 7, 2016 10:19 pm
"I'll take the ruby and keep it safe until we need to use it." I want to feast my eyes on it. If this whole cleansing thing doesn't work out and we're doomed at least I'll have that to hold onto.
Jul 7, 2016 10:58 pm
Hunter looks at Xeliss and nods. "That may be a good idea. Ogremoch's Bane is likely going to focus on the ruby and the person who carries it, as it is the key to the whole process."
Jul 8, 2016 6:19 pm
"Who would like the scroll then? Is there a wizardly type among you?"
Jul 8, 2016 6:30 pm
"A scroll, too?" says Hunter, not expecting yet another piece of the ritual. Svirfneblin.

Hunter collects herself. "I have some arcane talent," she announces.
Jul 11, 2016 3:10 pm
He hands the scroll over to Hunter, "Now that you have it here's what you must do: Go to the Steadfast Stone and insert the ruby into the menhir there. This will begin the cleansing process, watch for any unwelcome visitors. If Ogremoch's Bane shows up, then use the scroll of banishment on it and it should remove it from our plane of existence."

He gives instructions to the Stone (area 22):
Go to the guard post in Area 10, follow the path to the old residences (area 17) and follow the path northeast through the Crystal Garden (19) and to the Stone (22).

"Be wary when you are out there. There have been reports of a Medusa in the area, though Sark in the guard post may offer a reward if you bring back the thing's head as proof of its demise."
Jul 11, 2016 3:59 pm
"A Medusa! That is a formidable foe. Mai'ngor says with relish.
Last edited July 11, 2016 5:36 pm
Jul 11, 2016 4:29 pm
"Will Sarith be joining us?" asks Hunter.
Jul 11, 2016 10:00 pm
"I be guessing a foe without a head if you git yer way, Mai'ngor" Elfog says with a hearty chuckle. "We best be getting on... Where is that Drow anyway?"
Jul 12, 2016 4:09 am
I take a good look at the ruby before pocketing it. "A medusa you say? Great."
Jul 12, 2016 2:04 pm
"Sarith is on another assignment, looking for Entemoch's Boon," Dorbo replies.
Jul 12, 2016 4:18 pm
"And Stool?" Hunter continues. While she's not obviously torn up about Sarith's absence, she feels uncomfortable about leaving him isolated in a town with a history against his kind.
Last edited July 13, 2016 12:40 am
Jul 12, 2016 4:29 pm
"Unless you want to take him with you, then he will be safe here."
Jul 12, 2016 4:32 pm
Hunter nods, and turns to the party. "Any questions or concerns you wish to air?" she asks.
Jul 12, 2016 4:41 pm
Soliin shrugs. "Any tips on fighting elementals or medusas?"
OOC:
What would be the roll to see if I know anything about either?
Jul 13, 2016 12:39 am
Could have really used Sarith for this one Elfog laments silently.
Jul 13, 2016 4:53 pm
Hunter nods at Soliin's question, even as she tries to recall any lore she came across in her studies.
OOC:
I'm guessing Nature for the medusa, and Arcana for the elementals. I can reroll if I need to use a different skill.

Rolls

Nature - (1d20+1)

(9) + 1 = 10

Arcana - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Jul 13, 2016 5:10 pm
You know that Medusa are fought by avoiding their gaze, which can turn you to stone.

Earth elementals are tough enemies, but are susceptible to the same attacks any other enemy would be.
load next

Thread locked