Chapter 4: Adventures in Blingdenstone

load previous
Nov 25, 2016 9:20 pm
OOC:
Ah. Well, going window shopping after talking to Kazook then.
Nov 28, 2016 5:48 pm
Kazook hands the stone back to Mai'ngor, "Can't say that I'd know anything about it, I deal mostly with precious ore and gems, not cursed rocks. I'm sorry that I can't give you more than that, but I wish you the best."
Nov 28, 2016 9:09 pm
Mai'ngor takes back the stone shard. "Am I correct in assuming that this rock is unlike anything one would find underground?"
Nov 28, 2016 9:40 pm
"I've been down here a long time and I've never seen anything like it, so that's a safe bet I think."
Nov 28, 2016 9:57 pm
Mai'ngor nods and puts the stone away. "You've been most helpful, thank you. The tikbalang looks about the shop curiously. Now what is it that you sell here besides gems and such?"
Nov 28, 2016 10:21 pm
"Mostly gems and fine jewelry, but I also manage trade with other places in the Underdark," Kazook says, "Gracklstugh, Mithral Hall, even Menzoberranzan on occasion."
Nov 30, 2016 5:16 am
Hunter seems to find time to window-shop here, eyeing the gemstones and jewelry while keeping her hands behind her back.
Nov 30, 2016 10:59 am
Mai'ngor's face darkens. "Menzoberranzan? You trade with the filthy drow?"
Nov 30, 2016 10:43 pm
Where the hell is everyone? Mushroom ain't gonna get itself home!
Nov 30, 2016 10:49 pm
"They have a great number of goods that can't be gotten here. Of course we do so through so many people that they'd never know it's us they're selling to," Kazook says proudly.
Nov 30, 2016 11:09 pm
"Maps. To where we're going." How many maps could there be?
Dec 1, 2016 10:19 pm
"Maps to the surface, you mean? Or to the grove?"
Dec 3, 2016 12:14 am
Mai’ngor shrugs. Who is he to judge? Didn't he often criticize his own father's isolationism, urging the chieftain to establish relations with neighboring elvish settlements?

Nodding, he asks Kazook, "What sort of rare goods does Menzoberranzan trade in?"
Dec 3, 2016 12:41 am
Xeliss
The gnome considers for a moment, "You want to take one of our maps? I'm afraid that can't be allowed, of course. Though if you do want to help me make a copy, I suppose we could do that much, considering what a great help you and your companions have been," he says, pulling tubes out of a box nearby and then sticking them back until he comes to the one he wants.

He carefully opens it and pulls out an old map, unrolling it and placing paperweights set with large rubies on the table to hold it down. Even looking at the thing is dizzying, with its multitudes of crisscrossing passageways and a very confusing legend written into the bottom corner.

Mai'ngor
"Weapons, heavily enchanted for killing. Armor, unsurpassed except by the most talented of dwarven smiths. Scrolls, exotics foods, perfumes... most anything you can think of, they have it or can get it," he says, shrugging, "Vicious and evil as they are, they craft some of the most beautiful works of art, and have exotic tastes and a varied selection."

Elfog
As you wait patiently in your room, an odd lizard makes its way halfway across the floor before sitting down and staring at you. It stands about a hand high and has distinctive red stripes running up and down its back.

Hunter
Hunter sees many beautiful pieces of jewelry, interspersed among a variety of more practical items. Vials, mortars, pestles, even an occasional book.
Dec 3, 2016 1:03 am
"What do you want?" Elfog grunts, staring back at the lizard.
Dec 3, 2016 1:10 am
Mai'ngor nods, recalling Shoor Vandree's weapons and the other drowcraft sword he now bears. He changes the subject somewhat: "Trade here has not seemed to suffer despite Blingdenstone's troubles of late." he says, gesturing around Trader's Grotto.
Dec 3, 2016 2:03 am
Mai'ngor
"Ahh yes, but these are all contracts I had in place before we began reclaiming the city. It wasn't easy to relocate everything here, but I did it because my people could use the supplies, you see," Kazook explains, "most of the wares here come through one of my contacts."

Elfog
The lizard sits down, similar to how a dog would and cocks its head to the side, making a sound that is a passable imitation of your grunt.
Dec 3, 2016 3:04 am
Her break done, Hunter returns to her tasks assisting the gnomes with their projects.
Dec 3, 2016 4:44 am
Interest piqued, Elfog leans forward towards the lizard and puts his hand on the ground, palm up.
load next

Thread locked