Mumble Server!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jun 7, 2016 12:16 am
Having gone through fencing myself, it's more of a brutal experiment in discovering which sensitive parts of your body will hurt the most.
Jun 7, 2016 12:51 am
CancerMan says:
Having gone through fencing myself, it's more of a brutal experiment in discovering which sensitive parts of your body will hurt the most.
My arm and chest are in a perpetual state of bruised right now. Specially because I'm focusing epee.
Jun 7, 2016 1:14 pm
Remnant says:
I'll calling dibs on 2000-2200 EST 'Tell me bout your Game or PC Tuesday" to start it off for me. Jump on and let us know about a game or PC you enjoy writing about on the site. If your game is public people might start watching their adventures.
This is a brilliant idea, and I'll be jumping on to join the discussion.

You think we should get started on "tutorials" some time this week?
Jun 7, 2016 1:26 pm
I hate to say it will likely be somewhat quiet since it's just two hours but setting other times up to talk about other topics during the week and which guides to get started on first wouldn't hurt.

Maybe we can update this thread or something with a list of times people would be on to 'host' a discussion point. Possibly a monthly/or every two weeks Newbie AMA time slot and & one shot encounter signup for a system demo to get started on how to use the site and what not would be nice too.
Jun 7, 2016 1:31 pm
Remnant says:
I hate to say it will likely be somewhat quiet since it's just two hours but setting other times up to talk about other topics during the week and which guides to get started on first wouldn't hurt.
Eh, quiet or not, it'll still get the ball rolling on getting use out of the server.

I'll set up a channel specifically for your Game/PC talk when I get home tonight. Keleth, you think we could post something about scheduled talks on the Facebook page, when we get them lined up?
Jun 7, 2016 1:36 pm
irvanovich says:
Keleth, you think we could post something about scheduled talks on the Facebook page, when we get them lined up?
Of course. I'll put up a post about this one once I get to work.
Jun 7, 2016 1:46 pm
BTW, something I feel I should mention. If you don't have a mic, then there's no problem. There's a text chat side to the server as well. You'll still be able to hear what everyone else is saying, so you won't miss out on the conversation at all.

I've got a few ideas for some scheduled talks and such, but I'm kinda afraid to get them going right now. Work is a little crazy, and I'm basically waiting for the OT hammer to hit.

Tentatively, I'd like to get a "GP Roundtable" talk started this weekend. I'm thinking about starting up a "Basic Training" talk next week, maybe a "WAN Party" set up sometime for all of the people who, like me, enjoy a game or two on the PC once in a while.
Jun 7, 2016 7:47 pm
Okay, I checked out the client. There's an issue with the SSL certificate. Should I be creating my own, or is that done on the server side?
Jun 7, 2016 7:50 pm
I guess it might be a good idea to start a Mumble Server Install Guide... I forgot we talked about that in Mumble chat.
Jun 7, 2016 7:59 pm
@CancerMan: I just clicked ignore on mine, you shouldn't have to have it. That's an issue on the server side, saying that my certificate is out of date for some reason. I'll get that taken care of pretty quick.

@Remnant: I'll try and get one of those put together tonight or tomorrow. Might take me a minute
Jun 14, 2016 4:06 pm
Suggested by irvanovich, I think we should setup a newbie night on Mumble, for people to meet, talk, ask questions, we can have little discussions on how to get started or what not. By holding a few of these, we can figure out a good structure to have them on a regular basis. Thoughts?
Jun 14, 2016 4:34 pm
Sounds good, maybe run through an encounter for a system as well so they know how to join a game, roll dice, and see how systems work.
Jun 14, 2016 4:37 pm
Remnant says:
Sounds good, maybe run through an encounter for a system as well so they know how to join a game, roll dice, and see how systems work.
Not a bad idea at all.
Jun 14, 2016 4:48 pm
I think that's a great idea. Personally I may not have the time to participate, but if I have free time whenever it's scheduled, I'd be happy to join in via chat.
Jun 30, 2016 8:00 pm
so has any progress been made on this? wednesdays seem like a good day for me since I have more free time and I'm on pacific time
Nov 23, 2016 1:15 pm
I was wondering if this is still a thing.
Nov 23, 2016 1:47 pm
It still exists. Not much progress has been made, due to real world interfering with a vengeance, but the Mumble server is still up and running.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.