Episode 1d - Setting Up Shop

Jun 8, 2016 7:17 pm
OOC:
Tuk, let's make it an easy Streetwise check to find an abandoned workshop.
Jun 8, 2016 7:21 pm
Searching for a nice hovel to squat in...

Rolls

Streetwise (Pr-2, 1 rank)

3 Success, 2 Failure

Total: 1 Success

Jun 8, 2016 7:30 pm
Tionne searches the streets for one of the many forgotten and disused buildings that a city as old as Coronet can hold. She knows it must be somewhere in town so she can access it easily, but also out of the way so nobody notices her comings and goings. After scouring the streets she eventually settles on an abandoned speeder repair shop on the bottom level of a Blue Sector tower. It's dry, but she will need to put some work in to make it functional.

Tionne watches the entrance for a while before committing to going in. All seems quiet.
Jun 8, 2016 7:45 pm
OOC:
Details? Is there power? What is the layout like? Is there a refresher? Do you need Perception rolls or anything?
Jun 8, 2016 7:48 pm
OOC:
I thought you could go in and scope it out. Your rolls can determine what's there.
Jun 8, 2016 7:51 pm
The building has two entrances, one for speeders and another for pedestrians. Other than that all Tionne can see is a window round the side.
Jun 8, 2016 7:54 pm
Tionne footpads around to the side window and peeks in...but can't see much through the window.

Well, nothing ventured...

She heads around front to check the pedestrian door.
OOC:
Is it locked?
Last edited June 8, 2016 7:55 pm

Rolls

Perception

2 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Advantage

Jun 8, 2016 7:57 pm
The pedestrian door is still locked. On the bright side, it still has a working electronic lock.
Jun 8, 2016 8:12 pm
Hmm, power to the building still, or batteries? Wonder what this place was...or is...
OOC:
May I spend the Advantage to know if the lock is on battery power or locked into the power grid?
Last edited June 8, 2016 8:13 pm

Rolls

Computers (Int-4, 1 ranks)

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Advantage

Jun 8, 2016 8:27 pm
As Tionne scans the lock to break its encryption she can see that the power source seems to drop-out every now and then. The source can't be local, so it must be either a generator or grid power, with a loose connection somewhere.

Her speculation is cut short as he lock clicks and the door opens revealing a dark and dusty reception area.
OOC:
Roll an easy Perception please. Let's see what's in here.
Jun 8, 2016 8:31 pm
Gonna have to fix that.

Rolls

Perception (Cunning-2, 1 Dank)

2 Success, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Threat

Jun 8, 2016 8:37 pm
Tionne searches the room and finds an old style terminal behind the desk which needs serviced. It is connected into the datanet on an unencrypted line, so it could be risky to start up without preparation. She also finds an unopened box of droid parts, old but serviceable.

As she searches, however, she hears a noise in another room.
Jun 8, 2016 8:50 pm
Tionne slipped her scanner goggles on before entering the dark building. When she hears the noise in the next room, she draws her blaster and begins to sneak across the room to peek through the door...
OOC:
Add difficulty dice as needed; defaulted to Average.

Rolls

Stealth (Ag-3, no ranks)

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Edit

2 Failure

Total: 2 Failure

Jun 8, 2016 10:14 pm
As Tionne peers into the repair bay she sees... an old speeder ramp, a random assortment of garbage and a cupboard which had long ago fallen onto the floor.

Rolls

wait for it...

3 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 3 Advantage

Edit

1 Failure

Total: 1 Failure

Jun 8, 2016 10:19 pm
OOC:
Do you mind if I ask: Was that a Stealth roll for whatever is in here? If so, shouldn't they have negative dice? Don't mean to question you, I'm just trying to understand what's going on in the game.
Jun 8, 2016 10:33 pm
OOC:
Please question away, I'm new to the system and will get things wrong. Like now. Yes, it was a stealth roll and I suppose it should have had negative dice. How do I determine difficulty here? By Tionne's perception?
Jun 8, 2016 10:36 pm
OOC:
Yes. Similarly, Tionne should have rolled against the Perception of whatever is in the room. As I didn't know that, I just defaulted to 2 purples. Tionne has a Cunning of 2 and one rank in Perception, so the negative dice that need to be added are one purple one red. Feel free to edit my earlier post's roll before moving forward. May change the narrative.
Jun 8, 2016 10:42 pm
OOC:
So now I make it Tionne has rolled 1 Failure, 4 Advantage, 2 Threat.
Her adversary has rolled 2 Success, 2 Advantage.

Sound about right?
Jun 8, 2016 10:45 pm
fluglichkeiten says:
OOC:
So now I make it Tionne has rolled 1 Failure, 4 Advantage, 2 Threat.
Her adversary has rolled 2 Success, 2 Advantage.

Sound about right?
OOC:
Tionne has a net of 1 Failure and 1 Advantage on her initial Stealth roll. So whatever heard her.

Whatever has a net 2 Success and 3 Advantages, so Tionne cannot see/hear it.
Jun 8, 2016 10:48 pm
OOC:
Okay, thanks. Your move then, I guess. I'll post my response in the morning. G'night and thanks again for the help.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.