Chapter 1 - Awakening

load previous
Jun 22, 2016 3:43 pm
Dwoinan assesses how high the ceiling is and the the hole above them. Then he looks around for something that can be moved, for them to stand on and be a bit closer.
Jun 22, 2016 3:55 pm
The ceiling is about 8 feet above you, but the hole is directly the center of the stone table, which is 3 feet high. You can easily access the hole by climbing onto the table.
OOC:
You all have access to your first level abilities now. I'd ask you still RP your way into them if you can.
Keleth sent a note to PhantomNimbus
Jun 22, 2016 4:03 pm
Arannis climbs onto the table and jumps up, grabbing the edge of the hole and begins to pull himself up. He looks around to see if he can see any living creature around.

He is unsure why but this feels natural to him
Jun 22, 2016 4:21 pm
Dwoinan tries to help. He climbs onto the stone table and tucks the chalice into his clothes. As the object settles near his waist, Dwoinan pauses as a wave of nostalgia begins to ripple from his belly.

The old man shakes it off, but the puzzled expression remains. He gets under Arannis and pushes up on elf's feet to assist his ascent.
Jun 22, 2016 4:58 pm
As you look up into the hole, you notice it digs upward about 5'. The hole itself starts as the same stone as your ceiling, then sharply transitions into a very nice, grey stone. Looking up the hole, you can see the room above has a ceiling, with a room above it, and maybe a third room above it? The sunlight is beaming strongly, making it hard to look straight up. The feeling is amazing on your skin. You realize that the small gem lying at your feet, smaller than a person's fist, punched through at least 3 stone ceilings then a 5' stone floor.
OOC:
Arannis is going to climb up, with Dwoinan helping? Give me an Athletics check with advantage
Jun 22, 2016 5:02 pm
Edward climbs up on the table next, "We'll help you and the big guys up once we're up there."
OOC:
This is assuming that the person ahead of me is able to get up too.

Rolls

Athletics (advantage if the old dude helps) - (1d20+4, 1d20+4)

1d20+4 : (5) + 4 = 9

1d20+4 : (18) + 4 = 22

Jun 22, 2016 5:10 pm
Athletics checks
Last edited June 22, 2016 5:11 pm

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

Athletics - (1d20+1)

(12) + 1 = 13

Jun 22, 2016 5:11 pm
OOC:
Yup, unless someone explicitly declines help or the group declines to help someone, everyone can take advantage on the Athletics roll.
Jun 22, 2016 5:13 pm
Once up, Arannis turns and offers hand to those behind him
Last edited June 22, 2016 5:29 pm
Jun 24, 2016 6:17 pm
The man ponders for a bit, then follows the other prisoners up into the hole.

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Jun 25, 2016 12:50 am
Dwoinan looks around the chamber. "Is that all the little ones?" he asks, clearly categorizing the constructs as larger individuals.
Jun 25, 2016 7:13 pm
Tetsuwan looks at those who have climbed and are now reaching down to help, and at the old man who has remained on the table. Tetsuwan wonders whether they would be able to support his weight. "Please." He says to Dwoinan with an "after you" gesture and prepares to help the old man clamber up.
Last edited June 25, 2016 7:14 pm
Jun 27, 2016 4:59 pm
OOC:
I realize I'm not doing this right for PbP... this is kind of mundane and adds drama, but not necessary.
Working together, you all make it up, though Dwoinan, Tetsuwan, and Jorem need to use a bit of strength to break away at the crumbling rock a bit.

Keleth sent a note to PhantomNimbus
Once you get up, you find yourself in a large, almost empty, audience room, shaped like a circle was cut two thirds the way through, about 80ft at it's widest. There is a second balcony level, though you can't see a way up from where you are. You come up near the entrance, by a large set of metal doors, at the peak of the circular end of the room. Opposite at the flat end is a raised platform with long metallic table, though no chairs as far as you can see. There are two doors arches on the flat wall, each a quarter of the way in, and two doors at the widest points of the circular part of the room. You can see some pieces of decayed timber on the arches, but not enough to be called a door. There are shreds of cloth from the balcony level hanging down, faded in color. These were probably banners or flags at some point. Looking up again, you see a high ceiling, and can now make up there are two levels above you. The chamber is otherwise bare.
OOC:
I will have a map up, at some point. Gotta figure out if it's easier to just photoshop myself, of there's a good other tool to use.
Jun 27, 2016 5:21 pm
Dwoinan pauses to catch his breath. "This look familiar to any of you?" he asks, though inwardly he feels like he already knows the answer.
Jun 27, 2016 5:25 pm
As I clamber up and out of the hole I am carrying the black stone that was down on the table. I look up at the holes above. How could such a small stone have fallen so hard. Multiple floors and a solid stone tablet. It weighs no more than it should.

I look to the old man as he speaks, No, I barely remember myself, let alone places. Looks like a theater of sorts.
Jun 27, 2016 5:36 pm
Dwoinan looks over the armored entity and says, deadpan, "Yeah, I think you forgot some parts, that's for sure."
Jun 28, 2016 7:12 pm
Arranis walks towards the raised platform and examines the table.
OOC:
Am I able to search with perception and either arcana or nature? I'd like to use the nature search subconsciously like muscel memory
Jun 28, 2016 7:15 pm
Edward looks around, "Anybody know which way is out?" he says as he wanders around the room, looking for anything interesting.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(17) + 2 = 19

Jun 30, 2016 6:44 pm
There is always one way out, I say as I ignore the comment from the old man. I point upwards to the holes that have been punched in the ceilings above. I am unsure how we would reach that though.

I look around the room as well to see what I can see as far as exits.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Jun 30, 2016 8:02 pm
OOC:
There are 4 doorways to exit through, and the closed metal doors.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.