Chapter 1 - Awakening

load previous
Jun 30, 2016 8:09 pm
Dwoinan ambles over to the metal doors to see if it is unlocked, and tries to open it.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Jul 3, 2016 9:16 pm
OOC:
DexCon is over, so let me get back to gaming.
As you guys start looking around the room, you don't find much. The table is made of a dark stone, well constructed, unadorned and functional, but something about it is strange, almost ominous. The large metal doors behind you aren't locked, but no amount of pulling is moving them at all; you suspect they're rusted shut. But behind the table, on the back wall, you notice stone weapon racks, still with some weapons on them. You can find two long swords, two spears, and two maces, one on each side of the table.

As the group walks to the center of the room to take the full look around, Edward hears something coming from the 4 door openings.
Jul 4, 2016 5:48 am
Tetsuwan crosses the room to the weapon rack and takes one of the swords. It feels right in his hands. He was meant to wield a blade. His body settles into a half-remembered meditative ritual of readiness: sword held vertically, the edge of the blade facing foward, spare palm held flat against the cross guard level with the gem in his chest, breathing steady: The Lotus Flower Opens.
Last edited July 4, 2016 6:15 am
Jul 4, 2016 7:36 am
Arannis follows Tetsuwan and walks towards the weapon racks, all the while casting glances towards the table.

He he picks up the sword, a spear and a mace in turn and tries each out before replacing it back on the rack

"Does anyone have a preference for these? I seem to be quite comfortable with any of them"
Jul 4, 2016 9:05 pm
Edward is drawn immediately to one of the spears, "This is mine," he says simply while waiting for the others to make a selection.
Jul 5, 2016 12:49 pm
I pick up each weapon in turn. I don't know. None of these feel very...right, I say as the mace, the sword, and the spear all feel like unfamiliar objects in my hands. Too large and bulky.
Jul 11, 2016 1:40 am
"Spears are good for distance, I figure," mumbles Dwoinan. "However, I think I'll try this heavy thing. Less risk of me cutting myself."

The old man hefts one of the maces, wondering if he's made the right choice. "Not to mention, I feel like I need a hand free. Don't ask me why."
Jul 13, 2016 4:44 pm
Scotash sent a note to Keleth
Jul 13, 2016 4:59 pm
Keleth sent a note to Scotash
Jul 13, 2016 6:08 pm
Arannis takes a closer look at the remaining weapons. He picks up the sword in one hand and starts swinging it liking the familiarity of it

Hmm not quite right

He puts it down and picks up the spear and takes a closer look at the metal head. He walks towards Tetsuwan and holds the point of the spear out towards him

"Would you mind using your sword to take the metal bit of my spear off please?"
Jul 13, 2016 6:16 pm
Tetsuwan hesitates only a moment, then nods and with one swift motion cuts the proffered spear cleanly just above the haft. The severed spearhead clatters to the floor.

Instinctively, Tetsuwan becomes aware that his favored blade was much heavier than this longsword. He notes the adjustments he must make to wield this weapon effectively.
Last edited July 13, 2016 6:20 pm
Jul 13, 2016 6:18 pm
"Much appreciated, thank you"

Arannis takes a step back and swings the staff

"Ah, much better. That feels... Natural"
Last edited July 13, 2016 6:18 pm
Jul 13, 2016 6:58 pm
Edward stands with his spear for a moment and looks like he's focusing very hard on something, then suddenly speaks (probably a bit too loudly), "Do you hear that? What is that noise?"
OOC:
Sorry, I had meant to address the sounds, but I somehow forgot!
Last edited July 13, 2016 6:58 pm
Jul 18, 2016 4:31 pm
As the others are noticing the noise Jorem sees the spearhead clatter to the ground with a small amount of the wooden shaft left on he picks it up and moves it around. It's about the size of a small dagger and feels much better to wield. This should do, I say, using the spearhead as a makeshift dagger.
OOC:
Could I use this as a standard dagger, Keleth? Seems more appropriate to my character.
Jul 18, 2016 4:41 pm
OOC:
You sure can! We also have a new player, so I'll have a retcon post up shortly, and we'll move forward.
Jul 19, 2016 5:36 pm
OOC:
Ok, so unfortunately, we lost a player, whom I've now replaced. We've setup ratcatcher's character and I've gotten all the info we need for them, so here is a really terribly put together retcon, in summary format. No details have changed for all the other players, but instead of meeting a big, hulking man, you've met a small, spry gnome.
As you all woke from your cells, Dwyn was last. Maybe playing sleep, maybe actually still asleep, Dwyn wakes to find nothing but tall folk and what look like machines about. As the rest reach for the items at the pedestals in front of them, Dwyn notices a necklace in front of them, a very dark, unhewn stone tied to a piece of dark string.
OOC:
ratcatcher, you can put up a post about your character walking up, as the other characters did. I'd ask you not do something too big or deep. If you feel like your character would have said or done something significant, as long as it doesn't change what other characters did, feel free. The only thing you can't do, because it's kind of been established, is interact with the stone at the center of the dais, though you can nearly interact with it if you'd like. Please do describe your character. You can time jump from there to choosing a weapon. Once you make your post, I'll move the scene along!
Jul 19, 2016 11:41 pm
Caught.
That was the first thought the young gnome had on waking, and it’s a hard one to shake.
Dwyn watched the others introduce themselves. "Dwyn", was all she said to the strangers. She followed their lead, but tried to keep her back to the wall as much as she could.
After everyone else had taken the object in front of them, Dwyn reached out for the necklace.

She accepted help to climb up, and found herself in a room bigger than she’d ever been in. She tried to hide her unfamiliarity, but anyone near her would have heard a small gasp.
OOC:
Going to switch to present tense now that it’s caught up.
While the others rifle through the weaponry, Dwyn helps herself to one of the swords. A bit bigger than I’d like, she thinks, but it’ll have to do. She notices Jorem clutching the makeshift dagger. Smart. These folks look like they can handle themselves. It’ll be good to have them onside if trouble comes.

If. Who was she kidding? When.
Last edited July 19, 2016 11:41 pm
Jul 20, 2016 1:52 am
No sooner than when Dwyn picks up her blade, the shuffling you all heard in the distance becomes louder, and you can hear it coming from all four doors. Against the back wall where you are, you can't see the doors next to you, but you can make out humanoid shapes in the doors on the curve of the wall.

Keleth sent a note to Scotash
http://gamersplane.com/images/gameMaps/castle_1.jpg
OOC:
You are down by the two blue bars at the bottom; they are the weapon racks. The gray area is the slightly raised area upon which is the table sits. The red bars are the doors. The room, at it's widest, is about 100ft. The star burst is where you climbed up, though it's not an explosion like that, but more a hole.

All praise my mighty map making skills! If anyone has suggestions on tools, please, do tell.
Jul 20, 2016 5:01 am
"Are they friend or foe?" Dwoinan asks rhetorically. He prepares himself by stepping onto the raised platform, mace held tight in his gnarled hand. His free hand clutches at his waist, clasping the chalice tucked within his clothes.
Jul 20, 2016 6:27 am
Tetsuwan places himself on the dais in between the weapon racks, a pace from the curved wall behind him. Now this blade will be tested.
OOC:
Readied action to strike whatever comes through those doors.
Last edited July 22, 2016 11:54 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.