Gossip, banter, chit-chat and discussion (OOC)

Jun 22, 2016 9:41 am
This is where the majority of the out-of-character (OOC) discussion should take place. There is an OOC tag which can be used in-game, but it's just neater to refrain from having OOC discussions in that thread.

If you have any questions about the site, character creation, rules, the meaning of life, cookie recipes, whatever, just post them here.
Jun 22, 2016 10:19 am
I was working up a character last night but I wanted to ask how you wanted to handle starting XP and equipment?
Jun 22, 2016 11:33 am
I'm still thinking about that. I'll probably award a bit more experience since these guys have been studying the Force for a while. Equipment will just be whatever they happened to be carrying on their person when they were frozen. Let's just use the starter credits, which I realise doesn't get you much. I think perhaps the first mission that the group would want to undertake (when they are safe) is constructing lightsabers. Does that sound okay?
Jun 22, 2016 11:37 am
Sounds good. Jedi wouldn't have much on them anyway, but wouldn't padawans already have a saber though, unless the carbon freezing process destroyed them...or because we were such misfits they didn't trust us with them. Actually the later makes a lot of sense in this scenario.
Jun 22, 2016 11:47 am
Yeah, I thought maybe they hadn't been allowed to begin the ritual yet. I've been looking for some information on exactly when a Jedi constructs a lightsaber but haven't found anything yet. If it is when they become a Padawan then maybe you would each have one. Otherwise perhaps not.
Jun 22, 2016 11:52 am
Because we are all misfits I don't think we would have our own custom light sabers but we might have training blades, which will deflect blaster bolts and sting opponents but are not fatal. They are more like stun sticks, that can deflect blaster bolts and look like light sabers.
Jun 22, 2016 12:06 pm
That makes sense. And since it only costs 400 credits for a training lightsaber it can be purchased from the starting credits, if each of you so decides.
Jun 22, 2016 12:25 pm
Any restrictions on type of light saber we want to make, such as pole saber, or double bladed saber?
Jun 22, 2016 12:41 pm
For training sabers I would stick with the normal or shoto models since they are most likely mass-produced. When building your own saber later there are no restrictions.
Jun 22, 2016 12:42 pm
Sweet!! I agree the training sabers would be the more traditional style.
Jun 22, 2016 12:55 pm
I'm getting pretty excited about this campaign. I have been GMing a Edge of the Empire campaign for the past year and I have wanted to get into a F&D campaign so badly but my players dont want to deal with the force and the issues that comes with it in the game.
Jun 22, 2016 1:25 pm
Yeah, plus it just doesn't seem right to have Jedi running around when they are all supposed to be extinct. That's why I got so excited when I realised that if some of them were frozen in carbonite you would suddenly have a reason for a group of them to turn up post-purge.
Jun 22, 2016 1:28 pm
I'm excited to work on my saber and learn the lore of when we are and what has happened to the republic. Be warned i love lore and will probably asking alot of questions, sorry.
Jun 22, 2016 1:30 pm
I love it too. My big problem is getting absorbed in researching tiny little details and finding that the game eats into my work time. And my family time. And my sleep time.

Not that I'm obsessive, you understand.
Jun 22, 2016 1:44 pm
Nope i completely get that. My wife gives my one night a week most weeks, that i can pour over my RPG stuff and work on my campaigns, with out too much nagging. She knows its a passion of mine, especially since my 6 yr old is now playing in my D&D campaign with another of his friends and his dad.
Jun 22, 2016 2:33 pm
My oldest has just turned five. I can't wait for him to be ready for an RPG. Although it's more the three year old that I'm waiting for, I suppose.
Jun 23, 2016 12:50 am
Hey everybody, I'm still figuring out my character. I'm going to run by Powell's and peruse the rule book.
Jun 23, 2016 6:43 pm
Ok sounds good. My character is good at combat and stealth but not very reliable when it comes to force powers, so we might want someone who can use the force at least semi proficiently.
Jun 23, 2016 6:52 pm
Still waiting for two more players. I'll put out another reminder in the Games Tavern, see who I can hook.
Jun 23, 2016 10:31 pm
I'm wishing I could find a copy of the F&D core rule book online. I'm thinking I'm gonna someone who focuses on force use and be adaquate with a light saber in hand to hand combat. I'm in the process of trying to figure out how I'm going to learn the rules and still enjoy playing the game.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.