[RECRUITING] The Quest for Briarwood Inn

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Sep 3, 2022 6:33 pm
I would love to join, also.

I am very familiar with 5e, I post very regularly, I have never finished a game from start to finish (similar response to what SvanDerh said above), and I’m good with pretty much anything in-game.

Not sure what I want to play yet; would love to know who else is on the party still before deciding.
Sep 3, 2022 10:09 pm
SvanDerh says:
Sounds like light hearted fun.

I'd like to join.

Are you new to dnd 5e or are you an experienced player? How long have you been playing?
5E for a year or 4.

Have you ever finished a dnd game from start to finish?
No. Some of the games have been running for 4 years in a row.
Other's tend to die by themselves.

Are you Committed to Posting once a day or whenever you can post?
Yes.

What is/isn't ok to have in the game
Anything is OK in a game, as long as it fits the game mood.
I get the feeling that this game is a lighthearted game and the mood should fit that.

My character idea here is a wild magic sorcerer who has a wizard complex.
(My hyper active artificer gnome could also fit well here, but I just put her in another game)
Hey , feel free to submit her if you would like to come play.
Sep 3, 2022 10:11 pm
HeroAmongMen says:
I would love to join, also.

I am very familiar with 5e, I post very regularly, I have never finished a game from start to finish (similar response to what SvanDerh said above), and I’m good with pretty much anything in-game.

Not sure what I want to play yet; would love to know who else is on the party still before deciding.
The party composition is a Rogue, Fighter, And the two DMPCs that I run that are npcs that are a way of mercy monk and a cleric. Feel free to submit your character if you would like to come play.
Last edited September 3, 2022 10:12 pm
Sep 3, 2022 10:14 pm
Once I have two players submit characters for approval for the game, I will accept them and applications will be closed after that.

Thanks for getting in touch with me.
Sep 3, 2022 10:21 pm
Amberthegirlgeekgamer87 says:
Feel free to submit your character if you would like to come play.
I sort of just did.
The game can't really submit a character without joining first.
But I am drafting up a sheet right now.
Sep 3, 2022 10:25 pm
Awesome. If you want to play, please ask to join the game. Once I accept you, applications will be closed.

Thanks for your interest and I hope we can have a lot of fun together.
Sep 3, 2022 10:25 pm
SvanDerh says:
Amberthegirlgeekgamer87 says:
Feel free to submit your character if you would like to come play.
I sort of just did.
The game can't really submit a character without joining first.
But I am drafting up a sheet right now.
Accepted you Svan
Sep 3, 2022 11:21 pm
I've accepted 1 of the two players needed for my game. Please ask to join the game if you would like to play, thanks
Sep 4, 2022 2:40 am
Quote:
If you decide to leave and can no longer play, please let me know and we'll discuss how your character can leave the game because character suicide is no longer allowed in my games. That was the reason why two of my players left recently because the first player that left did that to their character.
Hey there, Amber.
I just wanted to point out that especially in light of this happening, it might be a great idea to discuss safety tools in the game before you continue. There might be other things than suicide that players are uncomfortable with and don't want to see and you'll never know until it's too late, unless you discuss it beforehand.

One very simple thing I like to do before games is to talk about Lines and Veils. Have your players let you know (ideally in private) what kinds of topics they don't want to happen or be mentioned at all in the game (Lines) and which ones are okay to be mentioned but shouldn't occur "on-screen" or with visual descriptions (Veils). Then compile a list and post it somewhere visible in the game, so that everyone is aware of what topics not to brush.
Sep 4, 2022 3:50 am
bowlofspinach says:
Quote:
If you decide to leave and can no longer play, please let me know and we'll discuss how your character can leave the game because character suicide is no longer allowed in my games. That was the reason why two of my players left recently because the first player that left did that to their character.
Hey there, Amber.
I just wanted to point out that especially in light of this happening, it might be a great idea to discuss safety tools in the game before you continue. There might be other things than suicide that players are uncomfortable with and don't want to see and you'll never know until it's too late, unless you discuss it beforehand.

One very simple thing I like to do before games is to talk about Lines and Veils. Have your players let you know (ideally in private) what kinds of topics they don't want to happen or be mentioned at all in the game (Lines) and which ones are okay to be mentioned but shouldn't occur "on-screen" or with visual descriptions (Veils). Then compile a list and post it somewhere visible in the game, so that everyone is aware of what topics not to brush.
Ok thanks. I'll try my best to do that. So far that was the only thing that made players uncomfortable in my game. Communication in dnd is very important tho too.
Sep 4, 2022 3:51 am
If you would like to play in my game, please ask to join and I'll accept you. Need 1 more player in the game. Please answer my questions then ask to join the game and once accepted, please submit a character. Applications then will be closed after that.

Thanks
Sep 5, 2022 4:00 am
Just Got both of my players so game is now full. Thanks for your interest!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.