[Interest Check] Dungeons & Disney 5E

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 6, 2022 7:34 pm
UPDATE
POSTED A RECRUITMENT THREAD
https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/26736/

Is Mulan actually a Fighter Samurai?

Could Ariel be a Fathomless Warlock? Or Vaiana perhaps?

How about Elsa as a Wild magic Sorcerer with frosty spells?

How are the ranger skills of Pocahontas?

For the first time in forever, I have the idea of launching a Disney 5E game.
(I admit; someone posted this exact same idea on Reddit. I won't say I'm in love with the idea, but yeah, it's close to it.)

Would anyone be interested in such a game?

Generic ideas:
- Funsies rule of cool game. Not for rule lawyers and power gamers.
- We'll be going into the unknown in a whole new world of Dungeons & Disney.
- I don't have an actual adventure / campaign yet, but if there is interest, I have some vague ideas to work out in detail.
- We can do a single adventure first and see if this is fun. If it is; let's play on. Let's see how far we'll go.
- Do you want to build a character? A (non-villain) Disney character of your choice as a D&D 5E character.
- Only characters from the movies (no Donald Duck / Mickey Mouse and friends) (Star Wars and Marvel are not Disney for this - there are enough games about that)
- Only characters can work in D&D. Lightning McQueen won't work. But Tinkerbell can work with the fairy race, and you could always find a race to fit Beast. And even Peter Pan might be possible if we restyle a race with flying speed so you can fly (again looking at the fairies; you're welcome Tink)
- My gut feeling says to start at level 3, but that is not set in stone.
- Pick and race and class and skills you think will fit well with this character.
- You'll face off against some Disney villains in the adventures.

Be my guest to express if you are interested or not.
If there is enough interest, be prepared for a recruitment post. Or, depending how things go just invitations.
In recruitment I'd ask you which character you'd like to play and what class you'd think they would be, but feel free to share thoughts here as well.

Of course, all people of all backgrounds and groups are welcome to join this game.
Last edited September 7, 2022 2:44 pm
Sep 6, 2022 8:03 pm
Interested

The Cheshire Cat.
Last edited September 6, 2022 8:04 pm
Sep 6, 2022 8:13 pm
I think this is a fantastic idea! I’m in hard core.
Sep 6, 2022 8:21 pm
It is definitley a fantastic concept.. bagsy the Sorceror's Apprentice
[ +- ] Sorcerer Mickey
Sep 6, 2022 8:23 pm
Sounds very cool!

Genie (Aladdin) - Warlock with Genie patron of course.
Sep 6, 2022 8:25 pm
very interested. Would you prefer the PC's be established Disney characters, or characters placed in the wonderful world of Disney?
Last edited September 6, 2022 8:37 pm
Sep 6, 2022 8:27 pm
... couple of thoughts/questions

1. Would it be worth considering a game confined to a particular film/setting, e.g. Wonderland or Hundred Acre Wood? (NB:This has been done before with Neverland)
2. Rather than have good vs bad, you could have bad vs bad, ala Villainous
Sep 6, 2022 8:45 pm
Very interested in joining this :)
Sep 6, 2022 9:26 pm
Very interested too! Tavern brawler Rapunzel with a pan sounds extremely tempting
Sep 6, 2022 10:01 pm
Looks like a lot of people are interested.
I shall work on some details then and post a recruitment post soon.

Everyone expressing interest here will be prioritized, including the character they suggested.

A few comments to what people posted:
JamaisVu says:
The Cheshire Cat.
A fun character, but I am not entirely sure how animal characters would fit in.
therecusant says:
[ +- ] Sorcerer Mickey
I would prefer to keep ducks and mouses out, and refer more to the movies.
Khulod says:
Genie (Aladdin) - Warlock with Genie patron of course.
Doh! So obvious. How did I miss this one? :)
crazybirdman says:
very interested. Would you prefer the PC's be established Disney characters, or characters placed in the wonderful world of Disney?
Basically they are the Disney characters. See what the Disney character becomes when you put D&D rules to them.
Like Peter Pan the (reskinned) fairy swashbluckler rogue or something.
therecusant says:
... couple of thoughts/questions
1. Would it be worth considering a game confined to a particular film/setting, e.g. Wonderland or Hundred Acre Wood? (NB:This has been done before with Neverland)
I am quite sure there are more Disney RPG games. This sounded like a fun idea to me.
I would not confine it to one setting at all. It would be a chaotic cross genre of the movies.
Have you seen Wreck It Ralph 2 and the scene where all the Disney princesses meet? Something like that.

Cruella de Vil could team up with the Queen of Hearts to hunt down the Seven Dwarves in Neverland or something.
therecusant says:
2. Rather than have good vs bad, you could have bad vs bad, ala Villainous
I don't know that game. But I kinda dislike DMing evil parties.
Sep 6, 2022 10:07 pm
I would play Cheshire as a tabaxi. Either a sorcerer or rogue.
Sep 6, 2022 10:23 pm
JamaisVu says:
I would play Cheshire as a tabaxi. Either a sorcerer or rogue.
Good point. Didn't think of that
Sep 6, 2022 10:33 pm
Tigger as a Tabaxi monk
Maui as a goliath moon druid
Moana as a water genasi swashbuckler
Tarzan as a totem barbarian (gorilla?)
Guipetto as an artificer gnome. Pinocchio is his guardian thing.
Tantor the elephant as a loxodon barbarian
Crush as a tortle swashbuckler
Last edited September 6, 2022 10:53 pm
Sep 6, 2022 10:49 pm
I double down, gave it some more thought now :). Rapunzel as Life domain cleric, with holy symbol being her hair, so channel divinity heals just like in the movie. Add tavern brawler feat to use a pan as weapon, and generate grapple with hair. It's all coming together
Last edited September 6, 2022 10:52 pm
Sep 6, 2022 10:58 pm
Thems awesome.ideas!

I would like to throw in my hat in this mix.
There's Merlin (sword In the stone) - classic wizard type

I was/have been slowly working on something like this but not just movies, TV shows too to fill the world up with all the characters.
Dalt wisney - the artificer who created many of the things. His most recognized, the mechanical marvel ____ the mouse.
The artificer has not been seen for many ages and the mouse has been the voice of Dalt for hundreds of years.

There's the turning red chick - moon druid which main transform.is a panda.

Aladdin - classic thrift rogue.
Jafar - Dragon gem sorc? (How shapeshift???)
Jasmine - noble commoner? XD

To be fair I think every princess should have prof in performance cause they all freaking sing.... ...

Scar - tribal barbarian wearing lion skins
I have some awesome images where that's got some character concepts

Bell - arificer
Ariel - I think was a fighter
Snow white - ranger looking
When I locate it I'll slap it on here.
Last edited September 6, 2022 11:02 pm
Sep 6, 2022 10:59 pm
Bunt says:
I double down, gave it some more thought now :). Rapunzel as Life domain cleric, with holy symbol being her hair, so channel divinity heals just like in the movie. Add tavern brawler feat to use a pan as weapon, and generate grapple with hair. It's all coming together
This is better thought out than most of my college papers :)
Sep 6, 2022 11:14 pm
Bunt says:
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/b93dac4c-d249-427c-a52e-0be04f96e098/dd64scf-8a91fea7-f5bc-4d96-9f72-ca796fcd670d.png/v1/fill/w_1024,h_1449,q_80,strp/rapunzel_the_cleric___disney_and_dragons_by_abd_illustrates_dd64scf-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTQ0OSIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2I5M2RhYzRjLWQyNDktNDI3Yy1hNTJlLTBiZTA0Zjk2ZTA5OFwvZGQ2NHNjZi04YTkxZmVhNy1mNWJjLTRkOTYtOWY3Mi1jYTc5NmZjZDY3MGQucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.6Vsh0US1zcvM5FnQH75YdTPg92vyJgMhdcGgDK63UQE
Sep 6, 2022 11:17 pm
I've never actually done artificer in this version.
If allowed I could go for a Belle artificer.
[ +- ] img
With said img too?
Sep 6, 2022 11:20 pm
CaveJohnson says:
Bunt says:
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/b93dac4c-d249-427c-a52e-0be04f96e098/dd64scf-8a91fea7-f5bc-4d96-9f72-ca796fcd670d.png/v1/fill/w_1024,h_1449,q_80,strp/rapunzel_the_cleric___disney_and_dragons_by_abd_illustrates_dd64scf-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTQ0OSIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2I5M2RhYzRjLWQyNDktNDI3Yy1hNTJlLTBiZTA0Zjk2ZTA5OFwvZGQ2NHNjZi04YTkxZmVhNy1mNWJjLTRkOTYtOWY3Mi1jYTc5NmZjZDY3MGQucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.6Vsh0US1zcvM5FnQH75YdTPg92vyJgMhdcGgDK63UQE
Absolutely metal.
Sep 6, 2022 11:29 pm
Gaston the valor bard.
https://i.imgur.com/UsmsUMg.jpg
Stitch the goblin barbarian.
https://i.imgur.com/r6D5gWk.jpg
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.