Existing D&D 5E Eberron game looking for players.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 28, 2022 10:44 pm
Looking for 1 or 2 new players to join a D&D 5E game in progress. The game is set in Eberron. Right now the PCs are in Sharn. They first solved a murder and then found a kidnap victim. We aren't staying in Sharn for the length of the game, as a matter of fact we may be leaving soon.

The party consists of a halfling drakewarden ranger reskinned to have a clawfoot dinosaur, a githyanki gloomstalker ranger, and an elf battle master fighter. We just had two players exit the game due to real life stuff, and they took our rogue and wizard with them, so we have some party balance stuff to resolve. I don't want to stifle anyone's choices, but if you're the kind that likes to fill the missing roles, we have holes to fill.

We like to keep the environment non-toxic, and are very creative, which leads to some days with a dozen posts. At the same time we're very forgiving of real world time constraints, and some days we have no posting. In combat, players that don't post for 24 hours take the dodge action.

If you're interested, post here or PM me with a brief explanation about what's caught your interest in the game, and a character concept. I'm going to monitor the thread until the end of Sunday, and will pick 1 or 2 people from the responses I get.
Sep 28, 2022 10:56 pm
Good Morning!

I had a character in a Eberron campaign. He was a Death Cleric in House Deneith. He was a Heir to the House Deneith. Started off as a bit of an ass. The whole "Since I am a Heir I am better then everyone else" but was put in his place after a few failed missions that had him on the verge of being remove from House Deneith.

I could keep with that concept for a character since it seems like you need some healing maybe. Otherwise I am really game for everything depending on your theme and what you think the party needs.
Sep 28, 2022 10:59 pm
So as an heir to the House was he dragonmarked?
Sep 28, 2022 11:02 pm
JoshuaMabry says:
So as an heir to the House was he dragonmarked?
He was yes. The only one in the group that had one. I think it was Mark of Sentinel. I Don't have the character sheet anymore but I can throw something together quick.
Last edited September 28, 2022 11:02 pm
Sep 29, 2022 12:04 am
How about an orc talisman warlock who has a task to keep the talisman from some unknown assailants (The Lords of Dust) who seek it. He channels the entity within the talisman, because it, too, does not want to be captured for their use.

So they are somewhat symbiotic in nature, but they may have diverging interests, at @JoshuaMabry’s discretion.

Would that concept make the cut?

I would say that he was from the Elden Reaches, among the gatekeepers, but he himself never established an innate connection with nature like his family members had.

I think his parents probably work in close connection with Oalian, and maybe that tree gave him the task.
Last edited September 29, 2022 12:07 am
Sep 29, 2022 12:07 am
@HeroAmongMen I’ll throw it in the hat. I’ll make my decision after Sunday.
Sep 29, 2022 12:33 am
JoshuaMabry says:
@HeroAmongMen I’ll throw it in the hat. I’ll make my decision after Sunday.
Thank you! I’m excited to be considered. Eberron is amazing!
Sep 29, 2022 9:33 am
Sorry, we're moving up to level 4.
Sep 29, 2022 9:54 am
JoshuaMabry says:
Level 3.
In that case I have a warforged druid preferably of the Circle of the forged from Exploring Eberron. She doesn't remember much before the war and struggles with her identity. She was clearly built to be pleasing to the eye. But what is her purpose?
[ +- ] images and links to galleries
Sep 29, 2022 9:58 am
I'll put you in the candidate pool.
Sep 29, 2022 11:32 am
I would like to add my candidate to the pool.
My interest: I was playing an Eberron game investigating murders and providing safeguarding services. I did enjoy the change to typical 5e "treasure and bbeg hunting". Unfortunately game were put on a hold few months ago because life just happened to DM. I hope this game will provide similar experience.

Character concept: Zil Gnome migrated from Zilargo years ago (escaping The Trust). Occupation: type of a private detective with specialization on acquisition by means of disguise, forgery and infiltration. He is Rogue-Mastermind (Zil Gnome - Master of Intrigue: perhaps cliche, but I do like play cliche PCs in 5e).

P.S. I would like to believe my class/subclass choice in the settings will allow me to enjoy hours of considering how would my PC use his variety of talents to solve problems or help his teammates to be where they are not allowed to be, get information kept secret from them on a purpose or deceive non-friendly NPC to cooperate.
Sep 29, 2022 11:42 am
You shall be considered sir.
Sep 29, 2022 7:31 pm
I'd be game I got a warlock if that ok?
Sep 30, 2022 2:00 am
Looks like there's a lot of competition here, but I'd love to play in Eberron, so I'll put in a bid. I've been intrigued by Eberron ever since the setting was first introduced, but I've never been able to play a character in an ongoing Eberron game.

My character idea is a Changeling bard. I'd like to reskin the College of Glamour so that it is a Changeling-specific college that capitalizes on the changeling's abilities to create the entralling effects. The character would have been raised in a stable changline community, and would be open about being a changeling. I'd like to lean into the idea of changeling "personas", and come up with several regular personas that the character swaps in and out of depending on the situation. I haven't developed those personas yet, but if accepted into the game, it would be the first order of business.

This character would be motivated by a desire to experience new things and avoid a life of boring drudgery. Doing the same thing day in and day out is almost as bad as wearing the same face all the time. No thank you. Much better to risk life and limb if it also means a life of variety.

I probably won't post more than once/day, though there are exceptions. So take that into consideration.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.