FULL- Call of Cthulhu 1920s New Players

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedCall of Cthulhu (Chaosium, 7e)Private1 / dayKnifesedgegames
Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition for players that are interested in giving the game a try then will open up to veterans if anyone is interested.

The Scenario is called The Darkness Beneath the Hill, set in Providence, in the 1920s

Access to the system is not necessary. We will go through character generation together (or pregens are available if you'd prefer)

Note Call of Cthulhu deals with horror, gore, insanity etc

I like to keep these shorts moving so hoping for players able to commit to daily posting.

Oct 12, 2022 7:58 am
Looking to start another CoC game predominantly for new players to the system.

I’m looking for four players that are interested in giving the game a try then will open up to veterans if anyone is interested.

Not sure of the scenario, but it’ll be in my preferred setting of 1920s/1930s

Access to the system is not necessary

Note Call of Cthulhu deals with horror, gore, insanity etc

I like to keep these shorts moving so hoping for players able to commit to daily posting.

Post below your interest.
Last edited October 12, 2022 11:58 pm
Oct 12, 2022 11:04 am
I have never played Call of Cthulhu. Count me in!
Oct 12, 2022 11:41 am
Ditto, it's been years I wanted to try this game. Please count me in.
Oct 12, 2022 2:51 pm
I've only played the very beginning of CoC's Masks AP, on here, before the GM ghosted us. Would love to try Cthulu again.
Oct 12, 2022 2:57 pm
Awesome! You’re all welcome

I actually have a Masks game running. It’s no mean feat to run, especially in PBP.
Oct 12, 2022 3:04 pm
Indeed, I've heard Masks is the creme de la creme of not just CoC, but TTRPGs in general. Been listening to the Glass Cannon's AP of it, enjoying it so far.
Oct 12, 2022 3:04 pm
And thanks for the invite!
Oct 12, 2022 4:17 pm
It's funny, my players met the
[ +- ] Masks Spoiler
Oct 12, 2022 4:28 pm
I would be interested in joining, if there still is room. It has been a while for me, I played for a little while in a masks campaign. I remember the system being fun.
Oct 12, 2022 4:42 pm
Are you new to PBP Budewig?
I see this is your first post on Gamersplane.
Oct 12, 2022 4:46 pm
I do have some experience with PBP, I have played a few games on rpol.net
Oct 12, 2022 6:25 pm
Ok , I’ll keep this open to applications and see who else comes forward. While I’m not averse to completely new players to the site, my last one shot was ghosted by a couple that had only just joined and I really want to make sure we have a group committed to seeing it through, so the amount of posts to your name will influence entry for this scenario.
Oct 12, 2022 7:26 pm
Already looks like a list, but I am absolutely willing to add my name to it in order to learn some CoC. It would be my first time, so there's that.
Oct 12, 2022 9:41 pm
I am quite new to this forum, but I am dedicated on an other forum in French where I have over a dozen campaigns playing, and so far I haven't abandoned any over several years of playing.

I was longing to play in English, so I joined recently this community.
Oct 12, 2022 10:00 pm
You have over 400 posts, Yully, very happy to have you. Check your invites
Oct 12, 2022 10:01 pm
and as an English tutor, I highly encourage my students to play something like an rpg in English!
Oct 12, 2022 11:39 pm
I would be interested in this. Have never played Cthulhu but would love to. I am new to Gamers Plane but am very active on Role Gate and Tavern Keeper. Between the two sites I'm GMing 3 games and am a player in 3 more. I'm also getting ready to run a Tiny Dungeon game here on Gamers Plane. Thank you for your consideration.
Last edited October 12, 2022 11:41 pm
Oct 12, 2022 11:57 pm
You too b0dewig. I’m trusting you guys won’t let me down and have an awesome time!

Threads are up for a little pregame discussion so come and join us.

We also have a Cthulhu room on the Gamersplane discord if you want to chat with some of my other players
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.