Looking for a Delta Green game to play in

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 26, 2022 11:42 am
Hi, fellow gamers,

I've never tried this game, and the only Cthulhu game I ever played was a single-session Roll20 one via voice chat. I love cosmic horror, and the modern times version of it in DG.

Anyone out there willing to start a game or take in a new agent?
Dec 26, 2022 12:32 pm
I enjoy Delta Green very much, and would definitely consider running a game! It's not yet on my 'must-run' games in 2023 though, but if there's interest I'll go dust off my rulebooks!
Dec 26, 2022 1:54 pm
Quote:
if there's interest I'll go dust off my rulebooks!
Do three players count as there's interest?
Dec 26, 2022 2:24 pm
What is Delta Green? (Just to gauge whether I’d be up for trying it)
Dec 26, 2022 3:27 pm
Delta Green is one of my favorite games as well. I'm not the world's biggest fan of the BRP system generally, but DG is a pretty tidy implementation of it -- and the setting, the mood, the overall conceit, is just top shelf.

Sassafras -- it's a game of conspiracy theories, shadowy organizations, monster-hunting, bureaucracy, and watching the Agents (PCs) gradually disintegrate and lose touch with reality as they keep encountering the unnatural. The Cthulhu Mythos, in part, is at the heart of things, but it's not a pulp "let's shoot up mythos creatures with guns" game. The Program the players are part of is secret and potentially unsanctioned, the network they operate in is largely unknown to them, and a big part of the game revolved around mechanics intended to model the normal relationships the PCs have in their lives -- and how the awful work that they do eventually tears those relationships apart.

BedzoneII, I'd have my hand in the air if you ran a game, and I'll run one at some point if you're not likely to. One of the cool parts of Delta Green is that the operations can be very short. You might not know why, but it might be a hit on someone or a suitcase that needs moving from point A to point B -- then you just see what happens.

Fantastic game -- suspect you'll love it, meseszovo.
Dec 26, 2022 4:34 pm
Just throwing in interest if it helps encourage some one to run one. I have been interested in Delta Green for a while.
Dec 26, 2022 4:45 pm
That sounds pretty cool. I’d be up for a game of that
Dec 26, 2022 4:53 pm
I would be up for it but if my past experience is anything to go by, I don't mix well with DG. Well, I think I do. But everyone around me probably doesn't 😄
Dec 26, 2022 7:58 pm
Plus one for interest.
I've played a bunch of CoC and enjoy mythos-related horror but have yet to try Delta Green.
Dec 26, 2022 9:54 pm
Seconding what Harrigan said. DG is a fantastic game, and everything you need to play or run it is available in a quickstart book called Need to Know for the princely sum of free.
Dec 27, 2022 12:11 am
DG gets a lot of interest. I'm sure there's probably enough interested parties, myself included, to start a game or two with a health number of potential players.
Dec 27, 2022 2:56 am
Put me down as interested as well!
Dec 27, 2022 2:50 pm
Wow this is some interest, thanks for the overwhelming votes everyone! I lean towards the conspiracy theory aspects myself rather than the horror, I like bureaucracy vs monsters, just to give a taste of what to expect. Looks like I'll be putting a game together. First item on the agenda for 2023!
Dec 28, 2022 6:53 am
Bureaucracy is a monster! The worst monster!
Last edited January 7, 2023 2:40 pm
Dec 28, 2022 10:17 am
Keeping this discussion ongoing for a bit more: for those who are interested, have any of you played the scenarios in A Night at the Opera? There are some options there I'd like to weave into whatever I'm cooking for everyone.
Dec 28, 2022 12:21 pm
Nope, as I said I don’t know the game, so feel free on my account
Dec 28, 2022 3:17 pm
I've never played DG, vaguely familiar with the system but not at all familiar with any of the published scenarios.
Dec 28, 2022 7:45 pm
Sounds great. I have not played A Night at the Opera.
Dec 28, 2022 8:53 pm
I played DG a few years back, and the game just died. I think it was a Night at the Opera, but not sure. I loved the RP aspect of it and would like to try to get into another round of it.
Dec 29, 2022 1:31 am
One of my favorite systems! I was in an amazing campaign here for a long time before our DM suddenly disappeared, I fear he must have passed on as the game was wildly beloved by all involved.
Last edited December 29, 2022 1:32 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.