Episode 1.0 - The Festival of Great Trade

load previous
Jun 2, 2015 11:28 pm
Max reluctantly hands over the datapad. The only personal data it appears to have is that schematic.

"I believe the proton pump was stolen from Bpfassh. There is an influential person, probably a Black Sun stooge, there who has a private collection. If I recall, he owns and operates a local museum of sorts—probably where his private collection gets its goodies from. Be extremely careful about entrusting this information to your crew," Max frowned and lowered his voice, "It would take little effort for an artifact like this to turn crewmates against each other. I would entrust it to no more than one other being, personally."

"Good luck, notify me if you find it." Max waved and walked off into the crowd.

(OOC: Make a perception check at no difficulty.)
Jun 2, 2015 11:53 pm
Wuc'vulog watches Max leave and looks around, catching some of the festival atmosphere, while secreting the datapad on his person.

Rolls

Perception (Cunning)

3 Success

Total: 3 Success

Jun 5, 2015 2:37 pm
Wuc'vulog notices a lone tie fighter in the distance following a road to the spaceport. As Wuc'vulog watches, another two tie fighters criss-cross the path of the first tie. Then a fourth is visible between buildings following another road with access to the spaceport, going the opposite direction. Engines howl as directly overhead, and a fifth tie fighter flies directly overhead only to line up on a road and follow it. They're probably scanning for something, or someone.

Above the searching tie fighters Wuc'vulog spots not one, but two Sentinel transports on hot approach to the spaceport.

Large holonet screens in the spaceport show the Imperial logo and begin booming an Imperial tune in preparation for an announcement.
Jun 6, 2015 4:04 am
"Code brown," he calls out on the comlink. "Incoming Imperials. We need to get airborne before security gets, well, empire-y."

Wuc'vulog makes his way quickly back to the Turtle, and prepares to, hopefully, expedite a fast loading.
Jun 6, 2015 1:38 pm
Rexi arrives back at the spaceport just as the holoscreens blare their announcement. Ugh, just what this place needs. A bunch of imps throwing their weight around, he thinks to himself before quickly heading to the ship.
Jun 6, 2015 3:12 pm
Hearing the general call to scratch gravel, Callista picks up her pace, trying to get to the ship before it leaves.
Jun 6, 2015 10:13 pm
Khan pulls into the starport as the TIE fighters pass overhead. Helping Doctor Eliasan out of the Courier, Khan addresses the doctor.

"Time to go. We've got Imperials incoming, and I doubt this stun rifle will be much help."

Khan hooks his arm in hers and begins hurrying her towards the Turtle's docking bay.
Jun 11, 2015 11:47 pm
As the fanfare reaches its peak, it suddenly drops to the background as the familiar face of an Imperial Officer shows on every screen tuned to the holonet. Her face is set in stone as she speaks, "Despite repeated warnings to the against it, the planetary government of Svivren has attempted to maintain neutrality while hosting and supplying a cell of rebels. The sector governor's leniency is at an end. I hereby declare Svivren under Imperial interdict in the name of the Emperor.

"The only craft that will be permitted to leave are those inspected and approved by our personnel. Resist and you will be detained for later interrogation. Flee, and you will be destroyed. The Imperial Star Destroyer Retaliator will be in orbit for quite some time while we impose order. The corvettes Swift and Harasser will be more than happy to use your craft for target practice.

"By command of the Emperor and his sector governor, this is captain Scoria of the Retaliator."

The tie fighters swiftly cease their search and begin flying in two formations, of two and three fighters, around the spaceport. The two shuttles begin their final approach and their ramps start to extend, revealing stormtroopers as they prepare to leap to the ground.

-------------------------------------

Dr Eliasan swiftly grabs her luggage and and hurries with Khan toward the Turtle's docking bay. Just a bay or two from the Turtle, an Imperial Officer steps out into the corridor ahead of them. When his eyes rest on Valoris a look of puzzlement, then shocked recognition crosses his face.

"You? How?!" he points at Valoris, "You're supposed to be dead!"

(OOC: You got an Imperial encounter thanks to rolling your obligation, Valoris. What do you want to do?)
Jun 13, 2015 5:06 pm
Khan tenses up when he locks eyes with the officer. He hadn't noticed that his hood had fallen off in the chaos of the speeder chase. It was a costly mistake, a rookie mistake. Professionals don't make rookie mistakes, and professionals don't leave loose ends.

He whispers to Eliasan, "Stay behind me, and don't move. Do exactly as I say when I say it, and I'll make sure you get on that ship. Do you understand me?"

He then drops his case, takes a step forward, and puts his hands behind his head. "You caught me, I surrender."
Jun 15, 2015 3:36 pm
Seven stopped to watch the Imperial broadcast in a crowd of festival-goers. As it ended, Seven sighed heavily into his traditional Gank mask, pulled his hood over his head and started weaving between parade floats and revelers to make his way to a Spaceport console.

He thinks to himself, so much for this world. This one better find a way off this rock fast.

(OOC: Once he finds a console, he is going to slice in and try to find a vessel that is fueled, ready to go and fits the profile of a smuggling vessel. He's also going to try to grab some port departure codes to expedite things. Great suggestion ;) )
Jun 16, 2015 11:24 am
(OOC: Slicing difficulty for both is daunting, at 4 purple dice; great time to use some of your unique talents. Also, quick "story poke" for Wuc'vulog to move the plot along on that side.)

Wuc'vulog notices some noise coming over the comlink when it ceases. It sounded like a very quiet, muffled clicking, scraping, and an occasional breath. Then it comes to mind that he hasn't heard from Rand for awhile, and Rand has a heart condition of some sort.
Jun 16, 2015 5:04 pm
Stepping up to the console, Seven rubs the top of the console lovingly and whispers, "Hello my pretty, talk to me..." before pulling the cyberjack cable out of his forearm and inserting it into the interface. Testing the digital waters with his mind, he smiles behind his mask and whispers again, "Hey now...don't play hard to get." Wincing with effort, Seven focuses on tearing down the layers of security before him.

(OOC:Can I get a Boost die for some synergy with my rank in Undeworld to help spot a smuggling vessel? I probably won't need it...but you know, never hurts to ask. ;)
I'm also going to expend 2 strain on both attempts to lower the difficulty)

(oops)
Edit:
(OOC: If I can spend that Triumph to not set off any alarms so I can try again, that would be great. If you have a better idea or you think it'd work out better if I was on the run, I'm cool with that too.)
Last edited June 16, 2015 5:14 pm

Rolls

Slicing the spaceport computer to find a vessel

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Slicing - to find departure codes

5 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 4 Success

Jun 16, 2015 9:00 pm
Mado groans as his opponent places his card on the table. The Hutt he is playing against chuckles deeply, "Heh heh he, that's another game for me Mado." The Hutt's two heavily armed body guards move forward and stand menacingly close to the Rodian. The Hutt grins, "it looks like your debt is doubled. I accept credits... and service."

The Rodian slowly reaches for his pocket, his hand brushes up against the concealed blaster pistol en route to the last of his credits. It wasn't enough to resolve the problem, but, as credits and a promise often did, it might buy him some time. The bodyguards' fingers hover over their blaster triggers as Mado pulls the credits out and puts them and a small slip of paper on the table, "Here's half in credits and more than half in information."

The Hutt's grin twists into a frown, "Information is neither credits nor service. Why shouldn't I just have you shot." He reaches out and takes the offering, examining the credits and paper in turn.

"Where I have indicated you will find property valued at far more than I owe you." Mado stood as he spoke, "You know you can trust me. When have I ever deceived a Hutt?"

Before the Hutt could order his bodyguards to seize the Rodian, the Imperial message boomed throughout the small gambling den from the half dozen terminals throughout. As the message plays the colour drains from Mado's face, Imperials were the last people he wanted to deal with. At least, not until he figured out a way to clear the bounty he'd earned the last time he got too close to Imperial interests.

When the message finishes he tips his hat, says "That's my cue," and dashes out the backdoor. The Hutt's bodyguards make to follow, but are ordered to ignore him and get to work preparing for the impending Imperial occupation.

Mado heads directly for the starport. He is hoping for an opportunity to get off the planet and away from the Imperials, the Hutts and everyone else he'd soured recently. He'd been mighty unlucky as of late, and it was about time the fortunes gave him a break. He could easily stow away on a vessel amongst all of the chaos. The tricky part would be identifying which crew had the guts to take to the sky with the Imperial patrols in the air.
Jun 17, 2015 12:38 am
Wuc'vulog frowned at his comlink. He thought for a second and then realized that it had been a while since he heard from Rand. Okay, duck in quick and make sure he knows about the Imperial traffic.

Racing toward the Turtle, he slapped the loading ramp to lower and ran up to the cockpit. Rand lay there, dead to the world. Wuc'vulog quickly appraised him and determined that he was still alive, if barely. Must have been his heart. With expert medical training, he lay the unresponsive pilot on the floor and dragged him back to the bunk for now, making him comfortable.

"Rand's down, we need a pilot," he informed the comlink, before attending to Rand's care.
OOC: I've narrated this scenes resolution rather than roll for it. Let me know if you want some rolls.
Last edited June 17, 2015 12:39 am
Jun 17, 2015 2:11 pm
After retrieving the codes and locating The Turtle, Seven disconnects from the console and tucks the cyberjack into his forearm. As Seven takes off in a jog towards The Turtle's docking bay, he thinks to himself: The Turtle....please please let that name be ironic...
Jun 19, 2015 12:53 am
The officer sneers and takes a half step backward. "Oh yes, I've got you—traitor. My unit was nearly executed when you escaped. The only reason we were spared was because our superiors thought you'd died." He took a full step backward and grabbed his comlink from his belt, "Troopers to bay Besh 11, I have cornered a known traitor to the Empire!"

With a look of smugness, and eager anticipation, the officer puts the comlink back on his belt and moves to draw his pistol.

"Got you? You're not escaping this time, trooper. This time you face justice."

(OOC: If you're going to attempt to cold-cock him, make a Brawl check versus 2 purple. Otherwise, explain to me in the OOC thread, because we might need to kick into INITIATIVE-mode. Also, I think you still have the stun carbine with you but using that will take initiative.)

-----------------------------------

Because he had reacted quickly, Wuc'vulog saved Rand's life. The pilot was in stable condition, but was clearly in no shape the pilot the Turtle. In spite of Wuc'vulog's skill Glen would probably need to spend some extended treatment time in a medical facility to fully recover.

The troop carriers land in bays on opposite sides of the spaceport and disgorge fifty troops apiece. The troopers pair off into squads of two troopers, then fan out to take as many bays as they can. Scarcely were the landing craft empty before they took off again and departed in haste.

(OOC: Seven/Mado, I don't know how you guys want to enter your characters into the other scenes, so I'll leave that to your discretion. If you want me to help set something up, just post in the OOC thread and we'll hash it out.)
Jun 19, 2015 5:51 am
With his hands behind his head, Khan slips his brass knuckles out of the pouch at the base of his neck. He slides them on behind his head while the Imperial still has his face stuck to his comlink.

"Excuse me sir, but I believe you forgot something... Ark Troopers never surrender."

Khan rushes the officer and looks to deliver a knockout punch.

Rolls

Brawl (kicking ass and pretending the innumerable and faceless imperial hordes don't have names)

4 Success, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 2 Threat

Jun 23, 2015 2:38 am
(OOC: Your attack deals 4 damage and temporarily disorients the officer; it's your choice to deal the damage as wound or stun points. You have 3 rounds of disoriented, which I'll apply to a chase if you want to try and escape. Or you can go to initiative and try to finish him before troops arrive. Or even something I didn't anticipate, even. ;) )

The officer's face betrays his pain as Khan blow lands. He temporarily drops to the floor with a grunt, then scrambles back to his feet. "You always did fight dishonorably."
Jun 23, 2015 4:53 am
I'm dealing the damage as wounds.

"And yet here I am. Still alive."

Sliding off his left bracer, Khan pulls out his holdout blaster and points it at the officer's head.

"Give Master Valoris Merin my regards scumbag."
Last edited June 23, 2015 4:54 am

Rolls

Initiative

4 Advantage

Total: 4 Advantage

Jun 26, 2015 5:23 pm
Seven checks behind him as he rounds a corner, jogging for the Turtle when he almost runs into the back of an Imperial officer that has a blaster leveled at his chest by a tough looking fringer with a military bearing.

Seven suddenly feels like the blaster hidden in his leg compartment isn't nearly close enough.

"Uh, fellas, innocent bystander here...don't want to get caught in the crossfire..."

Rolls

Initiative (Vigilance)

3 Advantage

Total: 3 Advantage

load next

Thread locked