GP's Tin Anniversary and our first Plane of Giving

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 1, 2023 4:46 pm
I started working on this site back in college, when I couldn't find an RL group and the other sites I checked out at the time were lacking, in both feature and community. After a few years of trying to figure out what to build, I eventually landed on GP, and after a few rocky starts, it got going, into the amazing community it is now.

Today marks the 10th anniversary of Gamers' Plane, a passion project I started because I love role playing games (even if I'm not good at PbP myself). I'm so grateful you've all found a home here, whether it's for one game or for years of community. I realized my recent layoff is a good chance for me to work hard on v2 and bring this site up to a modern standard(ish).

So we have two big things for today. First, a contest to mark the occasion! Everyone who signed up to GP prior to this announcement is eligible, with the following caveats:
- You had to have made at least 2 posts
- You were active in the last 6 months

Here are the prizes:
- 2 x $25 Easy Roller Dice Co (or another dice company if shipping from ERDC is not convenient)
- 2 x $25 DTRPG gift cards
- 5 x $10 DTRPG gift cards
- 2 x $25 VTT gift cards (your choice)

I'll pick winners this weekend and reach out in the order picked, giving each person a choice in the prize they want. You'll have 1 week to respond to claim your prize.

The second thing is we're starting the Gamers' Plane of Giving, a digital gift giving between our members akin to Secret Santa. You can go to this post in General for details. Joining in will be entirely optional, and just a nice way for community members to connect.

I'm really excited that we've hit 10 years of fairly smooth sailing, and I look forward to many more!
Dec 1, 2023 4:49 pm
After ten years, this community has become so decadent...

Yay, happy Birthday, GP!

🎂
Dec 1, 2023 4:52 pm
Woo! Happy birthday GP!!! I've only been here around seven months (I didn't realize it has been that long actually, seems much shorter from fun I guess!) and love it here. So happy I found it and that it is still here!
Dec 1, 2023 5:25 pm
Happy birthday! Here's to many more!
Dec 1, 2023 5:35 pm
Thank you for your hard work and love of the game(s). We all appreciate what you've built here.

https://i.imgur.com/N7g6YnX.gif
Dec 1, 2023 5:50 pm
Yay! Happy Birthday and thank you for all your hard work - and thank you for the great folks on here who have built, all together, one of the friendliest online communities I've experienced!
Dec 1, 2023 5:53 pm
Happy Birthday GP!
Last edited December 1, 2023 5:53 pm
Dec 1, 2023 6:18 pm
I have never regretted finding this site. I'm grateful that it exists and thrilled to be here.
Happy launch-day anniversary!
Dec 1, 2023 7:23 pm
This site, and the people here, are wonderful.

If I could, I would convince my health insurance to send you some money, considering how helpful Gamers Plane is towards my mental health.
Dec 1, 2023 7:32 pm
Happy birthday anniversary Gamersplane! Hope it's an awesome one.
🎂🎁
Dec 1, 2023 7:37 pm
Happy Birthday! I have enjoyed being here.
Dec 1, 2023 7:59 pm
Time sure flies. Ten years already?? It seems unreal that it was more than eight years ago that I signed up and started playing...

Happy birthday!

KCC

Dec 1, 2023 9:39 pm
A godsend throughout Covid and Parenthood, let me tell you! Much appreciated, Keleth! And glad to play games with all you fine people!
Dec 1, 2023 9:47 pm
Happy anniversary to GP and thank you for creating this site. It has rekindled my joy in rpg and now I can no longer imagine playing in any other way.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.