My "Problem" with Gamers Plane.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 5, 2023 10:25 pm
Hello. My name is Smiley, and I am addicted to tabletop games.

I love Gamers Plane. I joined back in 2017. I have joined games off and on since.

My problem with Gamers Plane is that there are too many games always starting or looking for players.

I am used to playing on Discord, where I have to post every day trying to join a game, and you don't hear anything for months.
But not on Gamers Plane. DMs post games a few times a week.

After a Gamers Plane hiatus, I started a campaign back in August. Since then, I have joined 8 games...
I am currently a player in 5 games and am DMing one more. I have 2 other games I have created that could run soon.

My problem is that I do not have the self-control to not try and join games as they pop up.

How do you stop yourself from being overwhelmed and constantly joining every game that pops up?
Dec 5, 2023 10:32 pm
there was actually a list to roll from before you started a new game...
let me see... where was it...

Found it!
Dec 6, 2023 12:16 am
Smiley says:
How do you stop yourself from being overwhelmed and constantly joining every game that pops up?
Following, lol
Dec 6, 2023 12:35 am
I am very much in the same boat (joined in 2015, long hiatus, started up again, and am already in SEVERAL games).

Remembering this issue from years ago, I've established a rule for myself:
RULE: I will not sign up for another game until:
a) all the games I've joined have actually started play after completing character generation
and
b) I've played all the games for at least a week
and
c) I have convinced myself that not only can I handle the load of all those games but I feel that I have bandwidth to add another.

I've already turned away from half a dozen games over the past month, following this rule. It's a good thing, because in the past I'd get excited about a game, sign up, and then I'd finish chargen, but chargen for the group would take five more days, leading me to think "I have PLENTY of time for another game!"
Dec 6, 2023 12:52 am
I understand. I am running 2 game and playing in 4. I am part of 2 games in another website, though those are super slow compared to here. I think I have hit my limit for now, but we'll see. If the 2 on the other site die of ghosting Iau be tempted to join more here...
Dec 6, 2023 4:22 am
That is certainly a problem 😅 Though the real issue is that people keep advertising awesome games on here! How dare they?
Dec 6, 2023 6:37 am
It is a nightmare I truly cannot ever wish to be over!
Dec 6, 2023 8:22 am
I would like to join the support group :)
We'll make 5 posts pr week right?
Dec 6, 2023 8:27 am
Oooh, maybe we can turn the support group into a game!
[ +- ] No! Bad Bowl!
Dec 6, 2023 9:39 am
Yes, when does this game start?
I've created a character sheet for us.
[ +- ] The Resistance
Dec 6, 2023 9:47 am
bowlofspinach says:
Though the real issue is that people keep advertising awesome games on here! How dare they?
[ +- ] all of them

TheGenerator says:
Strength
Willpower
Persuasion
Help
Willpower 🤣
Dec 6, 2023 10:50 am
Also have this issue. Also had several games I registered interest with all spring up at once so having to turn some down...
Dec 6, 2023 11:05 am
I feel this as a GM but set a limit as to how many I can handle at once and (try to) stick to it
Dec 6, 2023 12:50 pm
This feels like it's going to be the longest thread yet!

Let me also include a burning desire to keep pitching games to run. I have a queue of about 8 games I'd like to start, and the list will grow. Realistically by the time I reach the end of that it'll be 2026 or something.

I've had to do the maths for how many days in a week I can post, how many posts I can make, and how long each post takes. This tells me how many games I can play or run. Anything more than that is either wishful thinking or letting my players / fellow players down.
Dec 6, 2023 1:37 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Though the real issue is that people keep advertising awesome games on here! How dare they?
And designers, for coming up with cool, interesting, and fun games we want to play. Can't they take a break until we get caught up?
Dec 7, 2023 1:18 am
Knifesedgegames says:
I feel this as a GM but set a limit as to how many I can handle at once and (try to) stick to it
Then you run things like Masks :D When is our inevitable Horror on the Orient Express game starting? lol
Dec 7, 2023 5:21 am
Sophrosyne, my friends, sophrosyne.
Dec 7, 2023 3:58 pm
TheGenerator says:
Yes, when does this game start?
I've created a character sheet for us.
[ +- ] The Resistance
I'll DM this. Everyone in this thread is playing, like it or not. Go ahead and fill out your sheets.
OOC:
I am completely joking, unless I'm not. Sometimes I can't tell.
Dec 7, 2023 4:40 pm
I have two VTT games to run so I've limited myself to 2 games here; 1 is already being run by me; waiting for a 5e game to start.
Dec 7, 2023 5:50 pm
Falconloft says:
I'll DM this. Everyone in this thread is playing, like it or not. Go ahead and fill out your sheets.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ae/00/9d/ae009d4f846bc0fa04eb9dd2ce8fc328.gif
[ +- ]
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.