My "Problem" with Gamers Plane.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Dec 7, 2023 9:24 pm
I can't stand when I get invested in a game and it falls apart or ends prematurely for what ever reason.
I mean, I made a character, and want to play it. Then I have to put in the recycle bin. ♻️
But my main issue isn't even GP fault. I travel constantly for work and my signal is poop alot of the time...
Dec 7, 2023 9:36 pm
Gamersplane is just like real life. A lot of effort for little reward. As you get more experience in life (or GP) you get better at homing in on things that TRULY make you happy and things that will stand the test of time. This applies to intimiate partners, choice of car, job, where to live, how to live, and other life balance you need to make. No wonder ppl in their 50s & 60s are the happiest. they still have good health to enjoy life and they have spend half a century perfecting the art of finding what really makes them tick. Likewise with GP.
Dec 8, 2023 3:16 am
I'm not addicted. I can quit at anytime. Just as soon as I finish these 230 games I'm playing in and the 170 I'm GM-ing.
Last edited December 8, 2023 3:29 am
Dec 8, 2023 11:26 am
CESN says:
Falconloft says:
I'll DM this. Everyone in this thread is playing, like it or not. Go ahead and fill out your sheets.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ae/00/9d/ae009d4f846bc0fa04eb9dd2ce8fc328.gif
[ +- ]
I'm surprised you didn't set your willpower to -1 😝
Jan 1, 2024 8:40 am
if it is so hard to resist joining a game, why can't I find any open games?
Jan 1, 2024 8:43 am
They come in waves. You'll go a few weeks without any game popping up, and then there's suddenly five interesting ones at the same time.
Jan 1, 2024 8:56 am
forkbeard says:
if it is so hard to resist joining a game, why can't I find any open games?
A few things you can do @forkbeard
1) keep an eye on the games tavern
2) join the discord and join the discussions about games that excite you.
3) pick an avatar, so you show that you are making an effort
4) be patient
5) realise that with play-by-post the GM-turns-up-and-players-are-entertained way of gaming doesn't really work
6) be aware that the biggest risk a GM takes by inviting a new player, is that the new player ghosts the site and the GM has to modify the story, pause, invite new players or see their work collapse.

1 to 4 are the most important ones :)
Jan 1, 2024 5:32 pm
The Discord has helped me find and get in on games early. I hear about games in the idea stage in the channel for a specific game I'm interested in and can mention my interest there, as well as make connections with others so they can get to know me a bit.
Jan 1, 2024 5:39 pm
Of course, now I want to join about 20 more games than I can reasonably play, and that's after I filter only the ones that give me a "OMG I MUST PLAY THAT!" reaction.
Jan 1, 2024 6:41 pm
Also, @forkbeard, games listed in the Games Tavern may still be recruiting. I have two in there at the moment that are recruiting. There aren't enough characters to add [Recruiting] and [Open] in the subject line, maybe I'd be better off using "Open" instead.

So, you might want to check out Games Tavern posts for games that you could be interested in playing, and follow through on the thread to check whether or not they seem to still be recruiting.
Jan 2, 2024 7:54 am
thunks for all the advice. so much more friendly than a certain site with the initials MW. But that was years ago. Many better now

You do not have permission to post in this thread.