Plane of Giving: Follow up and feedback

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 5, 2024 3:05 pm
I prefer a minimum of three months and 100 posts. It's too easy to spit out ten posts in the general forums.
Jan 5, 2024 3:38 pm
Windyridge says:
I prefer a minimum of three months and 100 posts. It's too easy to spit out ten posts in the general forums.
There goes my plan to make 10 dummy accounts in October :( :P

I'm sure there's some kind of reasonable amount we can set it to next year. :)
Jan 5, 2024 4:24 pm
I'm leaning to 1-3 months, a # of posts > 20, and at least 1 game, GMed or played. Thoughts?
Jan 5, 2024 4:27 pm
I wouldn't insist on GMing as a prerequisite. Newcomers might not want to GM early in their time at GP or even at all.

Sorry @TheGenerator. 😂
Jan 5, 2024 4:30 pm
Windyridge says:
I wouldn't insist on GMing as a prerequisite. Newcomers might not want to GM early in their time at GP or even at all.

Sorry @TheGenerator. 😂
No, not requiring GMing. Just saying one game, whether it's as a player or GM.
Jan 5, 2024 4:44 pm
Another note from the admins: allowing someone to enter the email address at which they'd like to receive their gift, in case it's different from their GP address.
Jan 5, 2024 4:58 pm
I have an email people can use if they don't want to use theirs, lol
Jan 5, 2024 7:15 pm
The event was fun, I think the mistake was including people automatically instead of letting them apply for it.

Also, I got a present and it would feel like cheating if can't gift back someone with a active account.
Last edited January 5, 2024 7:15 pm
Jan 8, 2024 10:26 pm
I received a gift (it was awesome) but the person I have been assigned to gift has an empty profile and has been inactive since shortly after their account was created. Maybe if there’s someone who didn’t get a gift, I could be reassigned to make up the difference?
Jan 9, 2024 2:16 am
I did give a gift, but unfortunately did not receive one (to the best of my knowledge).

I'm not overly concerned about it, but for the sake of bettering the system for next year, I figured I'd mention it.
Jan 11, 2024 11:47 pm
I did not sign up for the gift exchange, and my profile automatically checked off the box saying I had sent a gift when I did not. I'm not able to unclick that box.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.