[Closing] Mutant: YearZero, GenlabAlpha, Mechatron

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Apr 25, 2024 12:49 pm
Yeah. Waiting anxiously for it to start =)
Apr 25, 2024 10:34 pm
htech says:
Yeah. Waiting anxiously for it to start =)
+1
Apr 25, 2024 11:54 pm
Thank you all for still following this thread, you guys are awesome in your interest! Am still here, and late but on track (it's still April as mentioned).

I shall re-edit this to a recruitment thread, and invite people to sign up!
Apr 28, 2024 8:28 am
Hello friends, happy you're still here; this is now a recruitment thread! I have added to the post at the start of this thread to specifically describe what we are playing and what we can reasonably expect.

As a good bunch of you have already indicated some early interest, let me get everyone organised. I would like to play all three games, but I'll prioritise launching them for my own sanity. Here are two polls. If you're looking to play one of these, go ahead and put your name down. If you're open to playing any one of these, you may also put your name down in the second poll. I'll use the votes to decide what to start first, then next, then third.
Last edited April 28, 2024 12:52 pm
Apr 28, 2024 8:29 am

I specifically want to play: Public

Mutant Year Zero : The Path to Eden
Genlab Alpha : Escape from Paradise
Mechatron : Ghost in the Machine
Apr 28, 2024 8:29 am

Hmm, on second thought, also put me down for: Public

Mutant Year Zero : The Path to Eden
Genlab Alpha : Escape from Paradise
Mechatron : Ghost in the Machine
Apr 28, 2024 10:19 am
Oups didnt realize those were editable for voting.

I dont intend to apply sorry. :)
Apr 28, 2024 12:50 pm
Starsong says:
Oups didnt realize those were editable for voting.

I dont intend to apply sorry. :)
No worries there!
Apr 28, 2024 3:25 pm
I have foolishly voted in the poll before reading the new requirements, and unfortunately the need for joining a Discord server is a deal breaker for me. If it's a strict requirement, then do consider my vote non-existent, please - otherwise, can't wait to be a robo-car! :D
Apr 28, 2024 4:37 pm
I just read over the Year Zero SRD and seems like a system I wouldn't mind trying out. I'm guessing these games will be done in sequence so I'll sign-up for second game as I am slightly too busy to add a game at the moment.

However, I do not have any materials, so if that is too big a hurdle let me know.
Apr 28, 2024 9:56 pm
FlyingSucculent says:
I have foolishly voted in the poll before reading the new requirements, and unfortunately the need for joining a Discord server is a deal breaker for me. If it's a strict requirement, then do consider my vote non-existent, please - otherwise, can't wait to be a robo-car! :D
In other games the Discord hasn't been a hard requirement, I'm guessing (hoping!) that's the case here as well.
Apr 28, 2024 11:40 pm
Discord isn't a hard requirement, we'll play everything and also chat on the ooc thread. I'm just leaning towards a a sense of communicative community that Discord often facilitates, but it depends entirely on the players. As a habit, I check the Gamers' Plane channels on Discord multiple times a day because I want to hear what's going on.

Back to recruitment, thanks for the healthy interest so far! I'll leave options up for two or three more days, and if need be I'll either randomise who plays what, or try to create a good mix of players I've played with and those I haven't, so that we have a nice spread. If you've voted but I haven't played with you before, drop a note here to say hi!

And votes can still be changed at this point.
Apr 29, 2024 12:26 am
Hey there! Thanks for taking on all these games. I’m brand new to the system and would love to check it out after having a read about it a bit. I’m pretty new to RPGs in general with some PBP experience in DND and CoC. I’d like the opportunity to branch out if you got a spot for me!
Apr 29, 2024 7:15 am
BedzoneII says:
If you've voted but I haven't played with you before, drop a note here to say hi!
I don't think we've actually been in a game together. Maybe that short-lived Legends of the Wulin game a few years ago?
Apr 29, 2024 2:07 pm
Quote:
If you've voted but I haven't played with you before, drop a note here to say hi!
Hi! Thank you for creating those games. I don't think we have played together (yet) but I have joined GP last year and GMed and played a few games already, mostly sci-fi. I post daily and most of my games are public so you can check them if you wanna =)
Last edited April 29, 2024 2:07 pm
Apr 29, 2024 11:46 pm
I don't think we played before so writing again to meet your request:)

All below is still true about me and my expectations towards our game in Y0E:
Pedrop says:
Count me in!

I waited quite long for another Y0E (its in my top 3 of RPG rulesets) game here as sadly my previous one were closed by the GM, quite soon after it begun:( I was thinking recently that I would like to experience the whole campaign of one of those books, and then... even further into the stars! :) So maybe my wish will come true? :) I have ready character for core game: Salomon but I have the feeling that because of his rolled up mutation he could be quite good fit for Genlab Alpha version ;) But I don't have Genlab Alpha book at all.

My second choice would be Mechatron, but I also don't have book for this:(

Love the idea about connected games that will meet someday! Could be also positive in terms of lasting. As if one group would break, the players that are left could go to the other -> so the global campaign could go on.

(No Elisium.... ? Don't feel tempted... ;) )

So my priority is:
1. Core game
(1.5 Elisium if it is as good as I think it can be... ;) )
2. Mechatron (maybe if I had the book it would be on the 1str place, but RPing robots can be hard some times...).
3. GenLab

Besides: if you ever will want to GM Forbidden Lands campaign, especially THE BITTER REACH - you can consider me as good as ready :) And I plan to GM Coriolis game one day here.

One caveat: I don't play at weekends (from late Friday evening, til Monday morning)
Here my reference of "into the stars!" is of course about the newest expansion called Ad Astra - but I of course understand that if we will ever be even looking on it - it will be after main campaigns will end.

I would also prefer staying mostly/strictly on GP only - because I'm afraid that I will start to check discord servers franticly, many, many times during a day if we would have some conversations there... yes... that's my personality/character trait/flaw... :) and on GP I'm simply informed by e-mail which I can check at right moments only ... :)

What else to say? Y0E is one of my currently favorite rule sets together with Genesys and Tales of Argosa(DnD-like-family, but better and OSR'y). I played a great game of Alien here on GP with it, some Mutant: Core - but game ended fast and T2K 2nd ed here too. I like the most: its version from its generic Reference book for Y0E (is it called also a SDR?) - so I may say: I'm quite versed with those rules, but I don't know to much about missions in core books still(thankfully!).
Apr 30, 2024 12:24 am
I'm willing to play any of the 3 games, and don't really have a preference. I voted in the polls to document my interest, but if I were able to put my name next to all three games in the polls, I would.

So just put me in whatever game works best.
Apr 30, 2024 2:13 am
Hey! I would like to play if this is still open. I either prefer Genlab Alpha or Mechatron
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.