Out-of-Character Posts Thread

Oct 5, 2016 3:13 am
Here's a spot to ask OOC questions about IC information - particularly if it's long or you don't want to interrupt or clog up the IC thread, or practice post auto-formatting and roll macros, or to make OOC notifications to the group, carry out OOC conversations, etc.

Use liberally.
Oct 5, 2016 2:15 pm
Just a test post to make sure I am really in correctly.
Oct 5, 2016 11:12 pm
I don't see a way to see others' characters, is that by design? I definitely want to see everyones beliefs & instincts basically all the time. Also, I didn't notice these threads before I posted more to the "Interest" thread, but I had a proposed update to my beliefs:

- If the Guild can supply Greyhawk's taverns with good Dwarven Nog we'll be irreplaceable. I'll break the blockade of Chondite Keep and bring back the first shipment we've seen in seasons.

What do you think?
Oct 5, 2016 11:36 pm
I might recommend this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y_TJcp3JyWmXXekuxZW4o5LSDg2MMVTHEkRPGVsRDbU/edit#gid=1

as an editable character sheet. We could keep them all in a shared google drive folder, so you could check in on beliefs and instincts and stuff.
Oct 6, 2016 1:24 am
Epigone says:
I don't see a way to see others' characters, is that by design? I definitely want to see everyones beliefs & instincts basically all the time.
Good point Epi, I've put up a thread for "character sheets", I can see your guys sheets at all times but I guess I didn't think about you all not seeing each others.

shughr, I couldn't access that link, submitted a request under the email linked to my GP account: defunctdiety @ g m a i l, I look forward to checking it out, I hadn't found a fillable crs yet.
Oct 6, 2016 2:41 am
I think I just approved it. Let me know if you still cant get access.
Oct 6, 2016 3:22 pm
Good to go, thanks shughr, nice resource.

Wanted to give you guys a heads up Thursday nights are my IRL games meet-up night. So I will not be getting much done tonight. Apologies!
Oct 6, 2016 9:49 pm
You added me to the game and thanks for that. I'd like to know what kind of participation you'd like from me, though. Do i need to make a character or just pay attention to the story and make one if needed?
Oct 7, 2016 1:50 pm
I'd like you to make a character, if you would like to spend the time to do it.

Paying attention to the story isn't necessary, I think, unless you want to. If I need to bring you in, I'd definitely give you some advanced notice and fill you in on what has been and is going on.
Oct 7, 2016 9:14 pm
Cool. I can burn up a character.
Oct 8, 2016 3:51 pm
Must say, you guys have put together some awesome PCs. I'm excited...

Working on the story opening post. I will do my best to have it up tonight or Sunday night.
Oct 10, 2016 6:47 am
OOC:
Test post.
Nulgha says, "things." But what if I'm just thinking it?
OOC:
Can we not use Reroll Aces for open-ended rolls?
OOC:
Edit: seeing what it's like to add a roll, assume the B12 didn't have reroll Aces on
OOC:
Edit: will 6s reroll multiple times?
OOC:
Edit: guess you can't roll 48 dice
OOC:
Edit: oops I didn't click reroll
Last edited October 10, 2016 3:13 pm

Rolls

Testing Test B12 open-ended with Reroll Aces on - (12d6, RA)

(16241555425615) = 52

Rerolling 2x 6s from my Test B12 roll - (2d6)

(42) = 6

1/6 chance of a 6, 1/6 chance of another - (48d6, RA)

() = 0

24 - (24d6)

(441632353134466243123343) = 80

reroll - (24d6, RA)

(21223551513152531564235162) = 81

again - (24d6, RA)

(424623422152532326551316514) = 89

and again - (24d6, RA)

(2412422225516414121431415) = 69

lots - (24d6, RA)

(665) + (5) + (65) + (1) + (1) + (64) + (62) + (3) + (3) + (663) + (5) + (1) + (4) + (2) + (64) + (64) + (4) + (61) + (4) + (665) + (1) + (661) + (5) + (1) = 158

Oct 10, 2016 6:51 am
What's starting artha? Feels like a 1 Persona, 1-2 Fate opener to me. For that matter, how do artha awards work PbP? There's not really a nice end-of-session marker. Also an interesting thing reportedly happens when not using DoW, Fight!, or R&C: artha apparently has a tendency to pile up, especially Fate. Not sure we want to do anything about that unless it starts happening but something to keep in mind.
Oct 10, 2016 2:41 pm
Hey, Epi thanks for those test rolls, I'd been meaning to try it out some. Looks like "re-rolling aces" does re-roll 6s, huh? As well as editing with the addition of a roll?

Regarding starting Artha, I had forgotten about that honestly. 1 and 2 sounds good to me. Pretty gritty, small-scale campaign.

As far as how we do "end of session" stuff, I figured I would just arbitrarily, basically, decide when the end of a chapter is based on things accomplished/attempted, but also with a mind toward pushing Artha rewards, as getting a sense of the nature of mechanical progression in BW is one of my personal goals for this experience.

An interesting insight RE: Artha expenditure in a Hub n Spokes game. I think unless it becomes a problem, I don't know that I want to do anything about it yet. Maybe everyone just keep it in mind, and making an effort to use it will be enough?
Oct 12, 2016 1:25 am
Hello all, I'm opening up the Chapter 1 IC Thread. shughr, please wrap up your Instincts soon so you can use them.
Oct 12, 2016 4:46 am
How much should we or shouldn't we take control of NPCs? For example, I just assumed that the lull would last long enough for a few sentences at least, rather than waiting to see if you called for a Conspicuous roll. And I assumed I could keep talking (to Messandier) after talking shit to Nicastro even though he might have cut me off. But I decided not to write anything about anyone else's active reactions.

In general, should we just post, or tell you OOC what we're doing before posting to see if it's okay?
Oct 12, 2016 5:22 am
And how shall we indicate intent to have engagement with mechanics versus just RP? For example in my first Nulgha post I'm kinda going for either "let's RP some" or if mechanics "intent: have a sizeable fraction of the folks here, like, I dunno, a third at least, afraid for the Guild if Nicastro leads; task: mention a superstition that would say he's a bad/unlucky omen" but I'm not sure whose responsibility it is to call for tests or whatnot.
Oct 12, 2016 3:19 pm
Unless you have a substantial Relatuonship with the NPC, probably shouldn't assume much control. For your example, you would just post what you want to say and if Nicastro interrupts I could just say; Nicastro cuts you off halfway through your speech and says: ... And it's still good that I and the other players know where you were going with it. The other option would be, I'd be more fine with for example you saying the crowd becomes too raucous again for the remainder of your words to be heard. All that said, if you feel you have a good feel for the situation and/or the NPC, AND you use your agency to create drama (rather than direct advantage for your PC), then I will probably just roll with it, a and even appreciate the guidance on how you want or envision the story to go.

So, the short of it; just post with what you feel comfortable with.

If you're wondering if you are exceeding your "bounds" as a PC, try to find some other way to achieve what you were wanting to post/achieve but within your realm of "control". Like using the "OOC" format for your own narration or your PCs "Thoughts" format is a good way to do it;
OOC:
I say this full and well knowing Nicastro will never let me get all of the words out.
or, Hmm, I hope I have the time to get these words out before he stops me!, and the like.
Oct 12, 2016 3:42 pm
RE: engaging the mechanics, if it's a situation where it's not obvious that the mechanics should be engaged, absolutely just conclude the post with an OOC aside;
OOC:
Conspicuous roll? I want to accomplish "this" (Intent), being Quick about it, FoRK w/ "this"?
I will respond in a post to say "Ok! Roll it up!" Or, "Nah, you can just do it! There's nothing stopping you."

Then you can go edit the post, add a roll and I will edit my post (or others can chime in with parallel actions) with the in-game response so as not to build up little bits of posts of OOC banter.

Good questions, thanks Epi. Did that cover your concerns?
Oct 12, 2016 5:16 pm
emsquared says:
Did that cover your concerns?
Yep, sounds good! At most conservatively specify NPC actions; preemptively think or \[occ]ask\[/occ] if I have a concern or think there might be a roll and retcon-edit if needed to clean up the thread once resolved.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.