Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
Jan 23, 2017 2:44 pm
Mordred walks casually past Domarc. "I'm going to keep an eye on Bagu. Maybe you can hang around here and see what people think of our new captain?"

He heads out of the bar and casually follows Bagu and his new companion.

*Rolls if needed*

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+6)

(15) + 6 = 21

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(12) + 1 = 13

Perception - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Jan 23, 2017 4:00 pm
Domarc hangs out in the crowd. The band is ok, he thinks, and looks over to see how Leth is enjoying himself. "Maybe when the band takes a break," he says, "I'll have a chance to play."

Domarc also watches to make sure no one followed Mordred and the blue shirted man out of the bar.
Jan 23, 2017 4:40 pm
Nobody follows Mordred out.

Mordred cautiously follows Bagu and the bearded man to a residential neighborhood to the northeast where the homes are new and large. The pair enters one such house.

It's going to be dark soon, party members may wish to look into getting a room for the night, or camping back at the barge.
Jan 23, 2017 4:47 pm
As the sun heads towards the horizon, Felor sits on the edge of the boat with fishing rod deployed, attempting to catch some dinner.

Rolls

Survival skill check - (1d20+6)

(16) + 6 = 22

Jan 23, 2017 4:53 pm
Felor catches a few good-sized mullets.
Jan 23, 2017 5:28 pm
Are there any passers-by? Especially children or lower-class individuals (servants, beggars, etc)? If so, Mordred offers them 2 copper if they know whose home it is that Bagu went in to.

Rolls

Persuation - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

Jan 23, 2017 5:53 pm
Mordred hasn't seen much in the way of beggars in Utwar. He offers his copper to a teenage boy passing by, who tells him, "That's the Dolkta house. They run the finishing guild."
Jan 23, 2017 5:53 pm
Pretty sure this isn't where he wants to stay for the night, Domarc heads for the bar, buys a drink and mentions that he's looking for a ship for passage. (He's hoping that the barkeep will mention the man in the blue shirt as a possible hire).
Jan 23, 2017 6:03 pm
"Well, I'm sure there's many a sailor here who could help you out," the barkeep says before turning his attention to another customer.

Deduct 4 CP for your drink.
Jan 23, 2017 6:11 pm
The boy frowns. "You know. Varnish, caulking, paint..."
Jan 23, 2017 7:16 pm
Vhezyen heads to the barge, considering the possibility that Bagu would report back by nightfall with news regarding his efforts to find transportation to Vorch.
Last edited January 23, 2017 7:18 pm
Jan 23, 2017 7:31 pm
The Decorators Guild in Sthombo would be amazed at the specialization here in Utwar, Mordred guessed.

"Thank you."

What the heck? Is there somewhere Mordred could settle in for the night and spy on the house? A large tree across the street? An easily accessible rooftop nearby?
Jan 23, 2017 7:49 pm
Domarc looks around the bar to see if there's anyone else in a bright blue shirt or something that might mark them from being from the same ship.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Jan 23, 2017 9:14 pm
rocksteady says:
What the heck? Is there somewhere Mordred could settle in for the night and spy on the house? A large tree across the street? An easily accessible rooftop nearby?
I'm not sure there's anything to 'what the heck' about yet. Maybe they're just stopping there as part of business as usual? I mean, maybe we're being screwed over... but so far Bagu and the barrel chested bearded man (the captain?) could just be making arrangements. For example, stopping at the Finishing guild to get someone to apply some new seals to the ship.
Last edited January 23, 2017 9:19 pm
Jan 23, 2017 9:26 pm
This is a nice neighborhood, Mordred can't really hide out in the trees all night.

Mordred lingers outside the house for a while, aware that the longer he stays there, the more scrutiny he draws from neighboring houses and passers-by. Eventually, a light rain begins to fall, and he realizes he has little choice but to return to the barge for the night.

Domarc can't see anything suggesting a connection to the man in the blue shirt. He is, however, offered a chance to take the state later that night, and can play for a free night's stay if he wants.

Late the next morning, Bagu returns to the barge, his hair wet. "I think I've found your ship," he says. "I'll be going back into town to hammer out a few last details, but if all goes well you'll set sail tomorrow morning."

He takes only a moment to discuss a few matters of scheduling and payment with his own crew, then heads back to the city gate.

Is there anything else any of you want to do in Utwar before we advance the clock to the next morning?
Jan 23, 2017 10:06 pm
During the down time waiting for Bagu to make travel arrangements, Vhezyen remembers something the crew said about Vorch, and makes a point to ask them for any more details they might know about the island being 'made by the gods for monsters.'

The wheels of the sea gods have been greased, so, beyond a thankful prayer to Thoth for the safe experiences in Utwar, and the question above, I'm good with advancing the clock.
Jan 23, 2017 11:09 pm
Talking to the crew, Vhezyen gathers that the few who know of Vorch don't really know much about it, and are only repeating rumors and tall tales -- none of them have actually been there.
Jan 24, 2017 9:26 am
Felor grills the mullet and shares it around the party and crew to supplement their rations.
load next

Thread locked