Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
Feb 16, 2017 6:34 pm
There's nothing behind Zangua.
Feb 16, 2017 8:45 pm
"I don't think they understand any of us," Domarc says. "But they say that the child is coming...and they are intrigued by the gold and lock."
Feb 16, 2017 11:24 pm
"The child?" Vhezyen was surprised to hear those words. This should be interesting.
Feb 17, 2017 12:10 am
nubs says:
"I don't think they understand any of us," Domarc says. "But they say that the child is coming...and they are intrigued by the gold and lock."
Felor thinks for a moment, then addressing the mud creatures he says "Do you know Pafthinel?".
Feb 17, 2017 12:06 pm
"If that dirt monster was the child, I don't want to see the parents."

Mordred places the lock gently on the floor and makes a gifting gesture.

"Yes, Pafthinel."

He performs a charade of an elf coming to the island a long time ago.

Rolls

Performance - (1d20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

Feb 17, 2017 1:10 pm
rocksteady says:
He performs a charade of an elf coming to the island a long time ago.
How on Earth are you going to pantomime th- *sees natural 20* oh never mind.
Feb 17, 2017 2:21 pm
I mean, I don't know either, but that's why Mordred is in that cave and not me.
Feb 17, 2017 3:18 pm
Domarc quirks an eyebrow at the amazing pantomime and gives Mordred a thumbs up.
Feb 17, 2017 3:43 pm
That might be one of the most impressive called shots I've ever done in D&D. Describe an impossible pantomime and then drop a natural 20 Performance check. Ball's in your court, Octo! :D
Feb 17, 2017 4:53 pm
It immediately made me think of the "draw dignity" moment on the Simpsons. And my kids, now that I'm playing with them, pulled a moment like this on me in the very first game, first roll. "So you meet this guy who needs a hand with -" "I want to make a History roll. I think I know him. Twenty." Meaningless NPC who was just supposed to be the guy who got the adventure rolling and suddenly I have to have a backstory.
Feb 17, 2017 5:09 pm
The mud-beings watch Mordred and babble excitedly.
[ +- ] Mud-speak:
Feb 17, 2017 5:30 pm
"They like your performance, Mordred, particularly your ability to make yourself look ancient and fey by posture - as do I, by the way - but they aren't sure that you aren't trying to trick or enchant them. No sense that they know Pafthinel at all. There is a minority sentiment to try to kill us, but others want to wait for the child. Do we wait for the child, or try another passage, or -"

Domarc points at himself, and then at the south passage.
Last edited February 17, 2017 5:37 pm
Feb 17, 2017 5:40 pm
"Wait for the child to kill us, I suspect. Let's leave this unappreciative audience behind."

Mordred steps towards the south passage.
Feb 17, 2017 5:43 pm
Zangua remains where he is. If the party chooses to depart these mud-things and return to the chamber, he wants to be the last to go and defend against any attack.
Feb 17, 2017 5:47 pm
"My sense is that they wait for the child for some guidance on what to do with us. They have been warned about outsiders trying to come and trick them or confuse them, and that is their hesitation."
Feb 17, 2017 5:51 pm
Updated map -- the south exit is the one the mud guys are guarding.

http://i.imgur.com/tqkt8BX.jpg
Feb 17, 2017 5:52 pm
Thanks Octo, I was just thinking about doing that
Feb 17, 2017 6:06 pm
Whoops. I thought they were at the North end of the room for some reason. Let's pretend I said East.
Feb 17, 2017 10:23 pm
The east passage leads to a 20' hallway that opens up to a long room about 20' wide that looks like it stretches some ways to the north and south.
Feb 17, 2017 10:25 pm
"Even if we do leave, it's not like they can't just tell the 'child' which way we went. And they haven't attacked us yet. From what Domarc says, it seems possible that the 'child' might be willing to communicate, and that talk is possible."

Vhezyen sends Quggyeb to scout the West passage, up to the next room, using his senses.
Last edited February 17, 2017 10:27 pm
load next

Thread locked