Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
Mar 7, 2017 10:56 pm
"This maul is magic, for any who might be interested."

Vhezyen will try to date the remains (History) and discern race (Nature). Throwing in an Investigation for general deductions/attentiveness/looking for details.

Rolls

History - (1d20+10)

(17) + 10 = 27

Nature - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Investigation - (1d20+10)

(16) + 10 = 26

Mar 8, 2017 6:54 am
"Should, uh... should we be taking his stuff?" Leth asks. "I mean, I get we can just return it later, but... I dunno. Whatever you guys want to do." Leth moves over to the pit and kicks a stone into it, listening to see how deep it might be.

OOC:
...Breath of the Wild is life right now
Mar 8, 2017 7:18 am
Zangua shrugs to Leth. "Maybe this is one of them tests. Like he's watching us and what we do, trying to suss out whether or not we're trustworthy." He looks at the mattock briefly, then tosses it over to where it was. The potion, too, is placed on the ground.
Last edited March 8, 2017 7:19 am
Mar 8, 2017 12:52 pm
"Let's leave it all for now. If we do find Pafthinel, we don't want to come across as looters, and if we don't find him, we can come back later and take it. Let's try the west room before we go climbing into pits."
Last edited March 8, 2017 12:53 pm
Mar 8, 2017 4:58 pm
The remains aren't fresh, but they're not as old as the dirt monster's skull, either. Vhezyen estimates them to be around fifty years old, give or take a decade. The tooth and bone fragments don't give him much to go on, but he doesn't think they're human, either -- probably the bones of a dwarf or some similar humanoid race.

Leth does not hear the stone land.

Moving on to the west room?
Mar 8, 2017 5:43 pm
Felor sees Leth trying to listen for the stone reaching the bottom of the pit, and heads over. "Try this", he says, picking up a stone a mumbling a brief enchantment.

Cast Light on a stone and drop it in the pit
Last edited March 9, 2017 10:12 am
Mar 8, 2017 5:53 pm
Zangua is ready to go when the party is, and where. He has no nose for this kind of investigative work and relies on their cues for when it is time to move on.
Mar 8, 2017 6:05 pm
Distance swallows up the lit stone before its landing can be observed. This is a very deep pit.
Mar 8, 2017 6:26 pm
"I do hope he's not down there," Domarc observes. "Dropping stones on someone's head is not the best way to say hello."
Mar 8, 2017 6:27 pm
"No jumping in this one, Vhezyen." Mordred smirks devilishly. "Let's go."
Mar 8, 2017 6:57 pm
The west chamber almost mirrors the one to the east, but it extends about 10' further to the north and south, with each end widening into a rounded space.

At the north end, a large, shallow bowl rests on the ground, containing and surrounded by fragments of shattered rock. This area, like the other rooms, is lit with a fire bowl set into a nice in the wall. The south end is in darkness -- it, too, has a nice with a fire bowl in it, but the fire is not lit.

A basalt stela leans against the wall in the south area, a three-legged wooden stool standing beside it. The stela is about 5' tall, with semicircular eyes and a downturned mouth carved into the upper part. Below that is a carving of a lumpy, amorphous creature walking to the right alongside a large serpent and a naked, androgynous human form. A strange diagram of intersecting lines and hexagons has been carved into the lower part.

http://i.imgur.com/cUW4ALm.jpg
Mar 8, 2017 8:36 pm
Could the amorphous figure be a xorn, like we found in the other chamber?
Mar 8, 2017 9:10 pm
It does not look like a xorn. More like Gloop from The Herculoids.
Mar 9, 2017 10:18 am
Felor examines the carvings on the stela, trying to make sense of them.

Rolls

Religion - (1d20+4)

(17) + 4 = 21

History - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Mar 9, 2017 5:40 pm
Felor thinks the face on the amorphous creature is the same as the face on the top of the stela, and that they represent one and the same entity. Other than that, he has little to go on as far as interpreting the carvings. The stela looks very old, and the particular style of art is completely unfamiliar to him.
Mar 9, 2017 5:44 pm
Zangua takes up overwatch while the others inspect the area.
Mar 9, 2017 5:56 pm
The Herculoids is now, canonically, an epic poem saga dating back to pre-historic Bload.

Personally, I think it would be best if we rapidly scope out the rest of this cavern/tunnel network before we start examining the details. Make sure Pafthinel isn't waiting for us somewhere.
Mar 9, 2017 6:15 pm
If you're ready to move on, where would the party like to go next? The north (heading downward) and east (heading upward) exits from the first room remain unexplored.
Mar 9, 2017 6:34 pm
I'm fine with either direction.

Also, Vhezyen did not put the sack of gems back, and will keep it on his person, in addition to the Potion of Strength and the +1 Mattock/Handaxe. I'm just not that worried about Pafthinel having a problem with it. If he does, we'll work it out.

Also, he'll toss a copper piece into the Bag of Holding, to see if it's still there in a couple of days.
Mar 9, 2017 6:38 pm
Vhezyen will Investigate the diagram of intersecting lines and hexagons, using Guidance, trying to make sense of the connections.

EDIT: Perfect. Oh well.
Last edited March 9, 2017 6:38 pm

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+10, 1d4)

1d20+10 : (1) + 10 = 11

1d4 : (2) = 2

load next

Thread locked