Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
Mar 9, 2017 6:41 pm
Let's throw some Arcane and History onto those checks for good measure. Thoth's Guidance to each.

Rolls

Arcane - (1d20+10, 1d4)

1d20+10 : (10) + 10 = 20

1d4 : (2) = 2

History - (1d20+10, 1d4)

1d20+10 : (13) + 10 = 23

1d4 : (4) = 4

Mar 9, 2017 7:07 pm
Vhezyen cannot make any sense of the diagram.

http://i.imgur.com/eb9rNLP.jpg
Mar 9, 2017 7:50 pm
I say east. It can only go so far up, but could be endless going down.

Let's take a rubbing or make a drawing of that pattern before we go.
Last edited March 9, 2017 7:51 pm
Mar 9, 2017 9:38 pm
A reminder, the east passage from the slab room was sealed off by a flat stone door with no handles or markings. It was not clear how to open it; pushing did nothing.
Mar 9, 2017 10:27 pm
Leth likes the idea of just scoping out the area for mapmaking purposes before reallly digging into what each room contains. He is also fine with going North
Mar 9, 2017 11:31 pm
thedandyman says:
Leth likes the idea of just scoping out the area for mapmaking purposes before reallly digging into what each room contains. He is also fine with going North
So... I get what you guys are going for here, but the inherent assumption you're making is that we will be able to return to every room/chamber. Also, RP-wise... it doesn't make sense to me to walk around and just tour the dungeon, then revisit each room later for actual investigation.
Mar 10, 2017 12:07 am
Mordred wants to find Pafthinel as soon as possible, so a quick recon to make sure he's not like, sitting in an easy chair in his den in the basement seems wise. If he is nowhere to be seen, then we can start checking for secret doors and climbing down bottomless pits.
Mar 10, 2017 4:44 am
I'm in no hurry. I enjoy dungeon exploration, and am not keen to miss a 'Wormfellow' type experience. I'd like to fully explore the dungeon, and I'd rather not skip a bunch of stuff, find the elf-mage, and then ask: "Hey Pafthinel, mind if we search your dungeon?"

And really, I don't think we're pressed for time. Maybe I'm wrong... but I don't think so.
Mar 10, 2017 4:55 pm
Well, you have a fairly generous but limited time here before your ride home leaves without you. It's getting into evening of the first day by now.

What's the plan?
Mar 10, 2017 6:43 pm
I do think our priority has to be finding Pafthinel, though I feel like we're missing out on lots of interesting things because I know pbo builds incredible stuff. But from an RP perspective, our mission here is (a) time-limited; (b) some of us have people & situations on the mainland that are under pressure/threat and we came here to get some answers and get back with that information.

So I'm kinda viewing the investigative pieces as us trying to get some clues as to Pafthinel's location/activities so that we might find him faster, but not being down out of the sake of simple curiosity. I say we move north and get as much of this dungeon/bunker scouted out as possible before we find a safe place to hunker over night; if he's not here we probably need to head to the smoking hill tomorrow.
Mar 11, 2017 1:38 am
I don't think mapping out the entire cave system is necessary right now; maybe just take a peek in all the nearby rooms and then decide what order to explore them more thoroughly, and then move on to the next set of rooms. Take it in chunks.
Last edited March 13, 2017 7:36 pm
Mar 13, 2017 2:35 am
Zangua maintains his watch. The mud-things that escaped know this area better, and may have reinforcements. He does not want to be surprised while the others investigate the rooms.
Mar 13, 2017 3:52 pm
Is moving north what the party is doing?
Mar 13, 2017 7:35 pm
*approval stamp*
Last edited March 13, 2017 7:35 pm
Mar 13, 2017 7:53 pm
Backtracking to the first chamber of this subterranean complex, the party explores the north passage, a 25' descending tunnel that veers slightly to the east, declining steeply. It opens to a vast, somewhat kidney-shaped room, 30' wide and 60' long as it curves further eastward.

This room, lit by fire-bowls like the others, is cluttered with junk along the length of the walls: barrels, amphorae, stools and small tables, shelves full of pottery, a small canoe. None of it looks especially valuable or interesting. There is a passage leading out of this room to the east.
Mar 13, 2017 9:05 pm
The east exit leads to a short, 15' hallway that opens to a wider hallway running south, veering east and descending after about 30'. To the right of the entrance is an alcove in which a few long-handled tools -- a hook, a net, some poles, a pair of oars -- are leaning.

http://i.imgur.com/GS2GfST.jpg
load next

Thread locked