Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
Mar 14, 2017 7:53 am
Any sign that the tools (or the junk in the kidney-shaped room) have been used recently?
Mar 14, 2017 10:30 am
Net, oars, a canoe... underground river?
Mar 14, 2017 4:02 pm
The tools are in reasonably good shape but have some signs of wear; you would assume they've seen recent use, for some value of "recent."
Mar 14, 2017 10:37 pm
notinventedhere says:
Net, oars, a canoe... underground river?
I think it's safe to assume that the passage leads to a waterway.
Last edited March 14, 2017 10:38 pm
Mar 14, 2017 10:55 pm
"Maybe he likes fishing," Zangua says. "If it's used to access another part of these tunnels, I doubt there's enough room for all of us."
Mar 15, 2017 4:03 pm
Is the party continuing eastward?
Mar 15, 2017 4:17 pm
"Or these are the tools he uses to support his research or work with the element of water," Domarc says. "But all we have are guesses, and we run the risk of being all wet."

I say we continue and see what this leads to. Sorry for not being around the past couple of days, I was facilitating a workshop and was just too exhausted at the end of the day to comment on anything.
Mar 15, 2017 4:40 pm
Sorry, southeastward, more like

The descending passage lets out into a massive chamber with an uneven floor and walls, roughly carved out in stark contrast to the uncanny smoothness of the previous areas. This chamber is about 50' by 80', with a large pool of water on the west side, about 25' by 60'. A large wooden desk and stool are set by the east wall; a few ceramic pitchers and bowls are on the table. There is a passage leading out from the south wall.

The mud creatures are here, huddled by the edge of the pool. They stir and burble when the party enters the chamber, but hold their ground.
Mar 15, 2017 5:03 pm
Zangua steps forward, fully aware of the threat these small creatures are. However, mindful that his companions have special skills in speaking dirt, Zangua only holds his glaive ready.
Mar 15, 2017 5:10 pm
OOC:
Is it just a pool of water? No stream leading elsewhere, at least on the surface? It's contained within this room?
"These guys again.... maybe if we ignore them they'll see we're not here to hurt them." He suggests. "In any case... what do you think of the lake? Fishing spot, maybe?"
Mar 15, 2017 7:55 pm
"Yeah, just ignore the sentient mud," Domarc says. "Unless we want to know what they are saying? They might have a clue as to where the "Master" is."
Mar 15, 2017 8:37 pm
Domarc will cast Comprehend Languages; I think we should know what they are burbling about.
Mar 15, 2017 10:22 pm
Domarc listens to the now-comprehensible voices of the mud beings.
[ +- ] Mud-speak:
Mar 16, 2017 2:04 am
Vhezyen eyes the water with a shudder, memories of being encased in ice creeping into his thoughts.

Could be caves under the surface of the water.
Mar 16, 2017 2:47 am
"They are worried we mean to kill them," Domarc says. "And that the Master won't save them."
Mar 16, 2017 3:01 am
"That means he's alive?" asks Zangua.
Mar 16, 2017 4:14 am
"Well... yes, I didn't mean completely ignore them, just... not let them know we're paying them any attention." Leth fumbles in response to Domarc.
Quote:
"That means he's alive?"
"That does seem to be the case. I just hope he's a little easier to communicate with than our earthen friends." He says as he begins to walk towards the desk to see if there is anything noteworthy on or in it.
Last edited March 16, 2017 4:14 am
Mar 16, 2017 4:43 am
"Well, tell them to take us to him," suggests Zangua.
Mar 16, 2017 3:58 pm
"Alas, I cannot," Domarc says. "I do not speak this muddy language, and the spell that would slow my tongue enough to do so is not one I yet know. I can understand them, but making ourselves understood remains a barrier."

Domarc squints at the creatures and then pulls his drum out. "Modred's dance did reach them to some extent. Perhaps we need to be more creative in approach." He begins to drum, a low, steady rhythm, listening for the response of the mud-men.
Last edited March 16, 2017 3:59 pm
load next

Thread locked