Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
Mar 16, 2017 4:25 pm
The mud-men watch attentively as Domarc drums, a few of them asking "what is this now?" "what does this mean?" of each other. Some of them creep closer to the edge of the pool.
Mar 16, 2017 4:45 pm
Darn it, I was hoping for a yes/no type question out of them.

Domarc pauses briefly, and then begins to sing and drum together; a simple Elven lullaby (if the Elves can ever do anything simple), aimed at soothing the creatures and reducing their worry about the party.

Dang it. Tough room.
Last edited March 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Rolls

Perform - (1d20+7)

(1) + 7 = 8

Mar 16, 2017 5:47 pm
Mordred performs a modern jazz routine entitled "Take Us To Your Leader" to the beat of Domarc's drum. The motions of the dance encompass the party, positioning them as brave yet respectful explorers on a mysterious shore. They seek something, they have sought it for some time, in fact. They seek a person, a person they do not know. A tall slender person, with pointy ears. He is the creator of the space they find themselves in, the author perhaps of the mud creatures' very existence. They seek The Master. Can the wise and noble creatures of the earth guide the explorers to their goal? Let's find out together, shall we?

Rolls

Performance - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Mar 16, 2017 8:29 pm
i don't think we've distinguished ourselves
Mar 16, 2017 8:41 pm
The performance seems to disturb the mud people.
[ +- ] Mud-speak:
Two of them dive into the pool.
Mar 16, 2017 9:14 pm
Domarc and Mordred, with the mud people. Shaka, when the walls fell.

"Well, it seems we know how to dissolve a crowd," Domarc says. He wonders whether the flute would be more to their taste and begins to play, creating a tune that tells of people seeking information and wishing to learn of the location of the Master and willing to reward those who help them.

(and mental note to self - taking Tongues is always a good choice when you pick new spells. Always.)
Last edited March 16, 2017 9:52 pm

Rolls

Performance - (1d20+7)

(16) + 7 = 23

Mar 17, 2017 2:41 am
Vhezyen just shakes his head in disbelief. He never imagined his adventures would include watching a thief and a bard performing music for mud men.

Wow. Just wow. This performance art is just getting silly. It's like being in a D&D sketch comedy, except we're on candid crystal ball vision. Somewhere, sorcs and wizards are watching our group, cracking up and crying from laughing so hard.
Mar 17, 2017 3:47 am
Scratch my last then and lets see what else we learn from the room
Mar 17, 2017 6:35 am
Hey, at least we tried!

Anything of interest on/in the desk?
Mar 17, 2017 3:52 pm
The mud people quiet down a bit, they seem to find the flute music soothing. It does not, however, appear to convey much specific information to them.

Perception/Investigation rolls for the desk check.
Mar 17, 2017 4:10 pm
Zangua sighs. He looks at Domarc. "So you say you can understand them, right? And everything so far says that they don't understand us? If they know about this elf we're looking for, maybe they only speak that elf tongue like you did with the weird lady. Is that 'cause they don't speak the language, or they don't want to?"
OOC:
Whoops, Domarc already tried elvish, when we first met them.
Last edited March 17, 2017 4:13 pm
Mar 17, 2017 4:23 pm
"Sadly, we don't seem to speak anything in common with them. They keep referencing the Master, and we are proceeding on the assumption that the Master is the elementalist that we seek, but we may also be wrong in that. I had hoped that the death of the elemental might have alerted whoever summoned it, but that seems not to be the case. I fear that my particular set of skills will not be of much use to us on this island, until we find the Master or someone else we can communicate with.

At first, some of them suggested killing us for the metals and stone we might carry, but they worried about being "found out" - which suggests to me that their Master has some expectations for them around not attacking visitors. They tried to use the Child to do that work for them, but that failed. In any event, these mud beings are certainly afraid of us now, and think us mad. I think if we make no threatening gestures towards them, they will leave us be."

Domarc looks to see what happened to the two creatures that jumped into the water.
Last edited March 17, 2017 4:25 pm
Mar 17, 2017 4:29 pm
"It might also be that how they behave can give us clues. We first met them outside the chamber of the...xorn? And when they fled, they came here. Was this just the farthest they could think to get from us, or is there something here...something that makes them feel safe?"
Mar 17, 2017 4:37 pm
Zangua tries to draw a picture of an elf in the dirt, based on his past encounter with the angry lady. Next to the portrait he writes a question mark, then looks at the mud-things. He gestures with open hands and looks around, trying to convey the question of Where?
OOC:
Making assumptions on what to roll, feel free to correct!

Rolls

Intelligence check to remember elven features - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Performance to draw an elf - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Mar 17, 2017 5:09 pm
The mud creatures talk to each other in a conversation that quickly degenerates into excitable, burbling crosstalk.
[ +- ] Mud-speak:
One of the mud-beings scampers over to look at what Zangua drew, then runs back to rejoin the group.
[ +- ] Mud-speak:
Domarc can't see the ones that dove into the pool, it's too dark and deep.
Mar 17, 2017 5:34 pm
"Well," Domarc says. "It seems sketchy, but that has worked where all other efforts failed. They know we seek the Master now, but wonder if we seek to kill him." Domarc inclines his head to Zangua. "Between you and Mordred, I begin to feel humbled when it comes to creative expression."

Domarc removes his weapons and sets them aside and then draws a second figure, human, next to the elf that Zangua has drawn, with hands empty and mouth open; he then draws a word bubble (like you might see in a comic) coming out of the mouth. Stepping away, he says "We want to talk with the Master, not kill."
Last edited March 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Rolls

Performance - drawing - (1d20+7)

(19) + 7 = 26

Mar 17, 2017 6:14 pm
The same mud creature, apparently the designated envoy now, comes back to review the second drawing. He returns to the group with his findings.
[ +- ] Mud-speak:
Mar 17, 2017 6:26 pm
Maybe Mordred's scribbles will be better than his dancing.

Mordred draws a horned man and three humans, with hair and equipment that match the party's. He points to the party and to the drawing, to emphasize the point. He adds the mud creatures to the drawing, and rubs out the party's weapons. He then draws the party bowed down before Zangua's version of the Master.

Rolls

Performance - (1d20+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Mar 17, 2017 6:32 pm
"Interesting - they believe we seek the 'one who the Master has drawn forth from the True World' and that we are lost. Apparently my attempt at showing speech they believe is about a soul escaping - which has truth in it, though not in the way they think. But they think we are lost, that we cannot find the Master because he confounds us. I think they are also finally cluing into the fact that I can understand them."
load next

Thread locked