Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
Mar 17, 2017 6:46 pm
"Well, that's good, right?" says Zangua. "Maybe now we can finally get somewhere."
Mar 17, 2017 6:55 pm
Mordred, in a moment of artistic overreach, attempts to draw a fairly complicated scene in the dirt. It does not come out looking particularly intelligible, as pictographic communications go.
Mar 17, 2017 7:10 pm
"It's definite progress," Domarc says. "But just because we've achieved some understanding doesn't mean we have agreement or trust yet."

Domarc erases Mordred's complicated scene, and points to the elven figure that Zangua originally drew. He waves his hand to indicate the party and then he repeats the pantomime of looking for him that Zangua did. Domarc then pauses and points to the mud creatures and then to the elven figure and looks at them with a quizzical expression, trying to convey the question do they know where he is?

Rolls

Performance - pantomime - (1d20+7)

(11) + 7 = 18

Mar 17, 2017 7:30 pm
The mud people start talking, in increasingly excitable tones.
[ +- ] Mud-speak:
Suddenly, one of the mud people lunges at another. They start fighting, tearing and slapping at each other with their mouths and hands. A third mud person tries to separate the two; two more jump into the pool.
Mar 17, 2017 7:31 pm
"1 gold on the left one," says Zangua.
Mar 17, 2017 8:01 pm
Domarc reaches into his pouch and scatters some silver coins on the ground.

"I've heard of mud wrestling, but this is ridiculous," he mutters
Last edited March 17, 2017 8:16 pm
Mar 20, 2017 9:05 am
Felor, not really a music or pantomime fan, ignores the others' performances and lets his eyes wander about the room, trying to spot any more clues as to the elementalist's whereabouts. When the mud-creatures begin fighting he sighs and shakes his head. This is what happens when you get involved with the arts.
Quote:
Perception/Investigation rolls for the desk check.
Last edited March 20, 2017 1:35 pm

Rolls

Perception check - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Investigation check - (1d20+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Mar 20, 2017 3:50 pm
Felor doesn't see much of interest on or around the desk. It looks to him as though the primary activity here has been moving quantities of water from one vessel to another.

Another mud person drops into the pool as the brawl starts to draw in more than the original two combatants.
Mar 20, 2017 4:52 pm
"Doesn't look like I'll be able to distract them," Domarc says. "There's some disagreements and...bad mud between them and their role here, and some of them have some resentments towards the Master. We might just have to see which faction wins out, if we think their help is worth pursuing."
Mar 20, 2017 4:56 pm
"I am not convinced that Fjorgyn has blessed these poor creatures with the intelligence to help us, even if they wanted to. I think perhaps we should move on."
Mar 20, 2017 5:23 pm
Is anyone going to intervene in the mud melee, or do you want to let it play out?
Mar 20, 2017 5:27 pm
Zangua has money on the left one, and assumes that Domarc's picked the one on the right.
Mar 20, 2017 5:28 pm
How many are fighting at this point?

"They are intelligent," Domarc says, "But I think their understanding of our world is highly limited. As, indeed, is ours of whatever realm they come from. But the fact that we can't communicate easily is what has lead us to this. Perhaps we should just leave them be."
Last edited March 20, 2017 5:37 pm
Mar 20, 2017 5:59 pm
Five went in the pool, four are fighting, four are watching the others fight.
Mar 20, 2017 6:03 pm
"You trying to weasel out of the bet?" asks Zangua. "Just 'cause your guy is losing?" Truth be told, Zangua can't tell who's winning.
Mar 20, 2017 6:18 pm
"I'm unable to tell which ones we even started with," Domarc sighs. "It might be nice to know, to see which faction might be gaining an upper hand - those that might help us, and those that oppose it. I could stop this, I think, but I am uncertain as to whether or not that would be good for us."
Mar 20, 2017 6:25 pm
Whoops. Perception on the desk!

Leth lets the more artistically inclined members of the group work out their 'conversation' with the mud men while he examines the desk, nodding briefly to Felor when he stops by to look as well.

Rolls

perception - (1d20+6)

(17) + 6 = 23

Mar 20, 2017 6:34 pm
Can we tell the mud people apart? I'd like to help the one who seemed inclined to help, if so.
Mar 20, 2017 6:42 pm
Leth examines the desk. It is sturdily built but rustic. There are water stains on the surface, rings and splotches.

The tide of battle turns suddenly as one of the creatures violently explodes in a muddy burst, followed quickly by another. The fighting stops, one side appears to have won. Six mud creatures remain by the pool.
[ +- ] Mud-speak:
One of the mud creatures takes a few steps toward the party.
[ +- ] Mud-speak:
Mar 20, 2017 6:44 pm
"Left, that settles it," claims Zangua, holding his hand out for the silver coins.
load next

Thread locked