Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
Mar 20, 2017 6:57 pm
"It would seem that the right ones won," Domarc says. "They tell me that the Master dreams of fire in the second dwelling and that he is vulnerable now, without the child to protect him. They also ask that we tell them if we free those he 'has bound to his containers.' I presume that means other elemental creatures - I think they seek to return to their home."

Domarc bows to the mud creature, and presses a coin into Zangua's hand.

"I take it to mean that Pafthinel is in the other hill, where we have seen smoke. Perhaps we should find a place to rest and attempt that tomorrow?"
Mar 20, 2017 7:00 pm
"What? No, the left one won." Zangua pockets the coin regardless.
Mar 20, 2017 7:07 pm
Leth re-joins the others.

"The second dwelling... the other hill seems like a plausible location for that, but that is a bit of guesswork. Could you try to confirm that with them?"
Mar 20, 2017 7:25 pm
Domarc makes another sketch in the dirt, just of the two hills of the island. The second hill has a plume of smoke rising from it. Domarc gestures at the group and the mud-people and points to the first hill; he then points at the picture of the elf and then at the second hill, turning to the mud-person with an open hand and questioning look.

Rolls

Performance - (1d20+7)

(17) + 7 = 24

Mar 20, 2017 8:36 pm
The mud creature nods.
[ +- ] Mud-speak:
Mar 20, 2017 8:54 pm
"That's the place, alright," Domarc says. He nods and bows again to the mud creature.
Mar 21, 2017 1:11 am
I wonder if the pool connects to the other hill via some underwater passage. Perhaps even an illusory wall is in place? Not saying it's likely, and the pool could just be a place to work on water elementals?
Mar 21, 2017 2:25 am
Given what happened the last time we tried sending someone down a watery passage I'm not sure I want to make the attempt :) Since the Child was outside, I suspect that Pafthinel uses the Child for protection when moving between the two dwellings.
Mar 21, 2017 2:38 am
Bah. What was Valeria's line from Conan the Barbarian... "Do you want to live forever?"
Mar 21, 2017 2:54 pm
Fair enough - if you want to go for a swim, let me know - I can give you a buff on the way in
Mar 22, 2017 3:17 am
Really just considering options, and curious. Trust me, I know the water could be bad, bad news. Besides, I know a few of you have a feeling of urgency regarding our purpose on Vorch, with the RP aspect of taking care of business. I definitely don't want to bog down the group's established style of play, so we can do that. I'm sure we'll get there over land just fine.
Mar 22, 2017 7:30 am
"Hmm... well then, should we finish checking out this cave system, or start heading over to the other hill?" Leth asks the rest of the group, one eyebrow raised.
Last edited March 22, 2017 7:30 am
Mar 22, 2017 10:57 am
Is there an exit in this cave we haven't checked yet? Maybe there's a tunnel to the other hill?
Mar 22, 2017 3:20 pm
"There was one door we weren't able to get through," Domarc says. "And I'm not sure how late in the day it is; are we better off taking shelter in a room here, and trying for the second hill in the morning?"
Mar 22, 2017 3:25 pm
Quote:
Really just considering options, and curious. Trust me, I know the water could be bad, bad news. Besides, I know a few of you have a feeling of urgency regarding our purpose on Vorch, with the RP aspect of taking care of business. I definitely don't want to bog down the group's established style of play, so we can do that. I'm sure we'll get there over land just fine.
If we're going to settle in for the night, it might be worth the try. Besides, we spent a bunch of time performing for mud people - I kinda feel like the "established style of play" is to have a bit of fun and poke at what makes us curious and what we find enjoyable. I think we're at the end of the first day with a fairly solid idea of where to find our target, which is pretty good progress.
Mar 22, 2017 3:31 pm
Do we have a sense of the time of day, Octo?
Mar 22, 2017 3:34 pm
FWIW, if it is afternoon or later, Mordred is fine with setting up camp here and making some judicious tests of the water, then striking out for the other hill at first light. He does want to keep moving, but he understands that it is not the same kind of race-against-the-clock type scenarios we faced earlier.
Mar 22, 2017 3:50 pm
Quote:
He does want to keep moving, but he understands that it is not the same kind of race-against-the-clock type scenarios we faced earlier.
Domarc wants to keep moving too, I just don't want to deal with the lizard monsters in the jungle at night; might be harder to stab them in the butt.
Last edited March 22, 2017 3:51 pm
Mar 22, 2017 4:35 pm
notinventedhere says:
Is there an exit in this cave we haven't checked yet? Maybe there's a tunnel to the other hill?
nubs says:
"There was one door we weren't able to get through," Domarc says.
There's also "a passage leading out from the south wall" here in this chamber, as well as the very long and dark hole in the ground we came across earlier. Also possibly underground outlets from this pond?
Last edited March 22, 2017 4:35 pm
Mar 22, 2017 4:47 pm
Zangua says, "If we're camping here, we'll want two folk on watch. Them things jumped into that water, likely something can come back out."
load next

Thread locked