Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
Mar 22, 2017 4:50 pm
thedandyman has the known unexplored areas of this hill covered. It's evening now, more or less.
Mar 22, 2017 5:00 pm
"I'm up for some more exploration, if everyone else is."
Mar 23, 2017 4:27 am
Leth shrugs. "I could probably go another couple hours. The less we put off for later, the better."
Mar 23, 2017 4:50 pm
Let's try the south passage and then maybe mess around with the pit and/or the pond.
Mar 23, 2017 5:57 pm
Zangua heads for the southern exit, mindful of their surroundings.
Mar 23, 2017 6:11 pm
The south passage leads to a 20' tunnel that ends in a featureless stone door similar to the one you found in the first room in this cave complex.
Mar 24, 2017 11:26 am
Felor examines the door for any inscriptions, keyholes, hidden switches, etc.

Rolls

Investigation skill check - (1d20+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

Mar 24, 2017 3:43 pm
Felor finds none of these things.
Mar 24, 2017 3:57 pm
"Well, that didn't take long. Anyone up for a swim?"
Mar 24, 2017 5:48 pm
"I can certainly try to make things easier for anyone who wishes to swim," Domarc says, "But I have no desire to swim myself."
Mar 24, 2017 6:22 pm
The mud creatures mill about by the edge of the pool, watching the party cautiously. One who went into the pool earlier resurfaces, and the others quietly explain the recent developments to it.
Mar 24, 2017 6:24 pm
Is the pool such that we could wade in up to our ankles, or is it a dive-in-only situation?
Mar 24, 2017 6:35 pm
It looks like it's more than 6' deep in the middle, could be deeper but you can't really see without closer investigation.
Mar 24, 2017 6:44 pm
But like, can we walk in slowly, so that the mudlings see what we are doing, or do we just have to jump right in? Know what I mean?
Mar 24, 2017 8:30 pm
Vhezyen eyed the door to south inquisitively. No markings or means of entry on this door or the one like it we found previously. Of course, a wizard wouldn't need a mechanism... "Let's see what's beyond the door, shall we?"

With that, Vhezyen approached the door, and stood close enough to touch it. His thoughts briefly drifted to the ice tunnel, and his days as a burglar. First man in... sooner or later, it will be the death of me. He shrugged. Somebody has to be first.

Even as he unleashed the magic from his ring to open the door, he felt it again... that sense of portent, a glimpse of the future, flush with feelings of dread and impending doom.

Might as well use the Knock spell from one of the spell storing rings, and see what's beyond one of these doors.
Last edited March 24, 2017 8:31 pm
Mar 24, 2017 9:21 pm
The door retracts into the tunnel wall.

Beyond is an oblong chamber running about 30' east to west. At the west end of the room is a small wooden table; on the table is a large stoppered flask and an overturned bowl, both made of brass.
Mar 25, 2017 3:31 am
Vhezyen entered the room, his natural curiosity drawing him to the wooden table. Here, in this room closed off by a mage's door, he pondered what these rather simple seeming items truly were. Goaded by his desire to know and understand, fueled by the teachings of Thoth, he sought answers about Pafthinel and this strange place that was, or perhaps still is, his lair.

If possible, Vhezyen will examine the items on the table, opening the flask and turning over the bowl to see what is underneath.
Mar 25, 2017 6:11 am
Zangua looks to see if there is anything that could be used to keep the door from sliding closed.
load next

Thread locked