Zangua continues watching the pit.

Rolls

1 HD recovery - (1d10+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

May 18, 2017 10:44 am
BullOctorok says:
You all get Short Rest benefits.
OOC:
Oops, I already did a Long Rest worth of stuff. Will try and roll that back but not sure if I remember exactly what I was on, HP and spell slot-wise. Rolling some Hit Dice now...
Last edited May 18, 2017 10:48 am

Rolls

Hit dice - (2d8+4)

(18) + 4 = 13

Hit dice - (1d8+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Hit dice - (1d8+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Hit dice - (1d8+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

May 18, 2017 12:26 pm
Yeah, let's head over to the other hill with all speed.
May 18, 2017 2:42 pm
Short rest hit dice

Rolls

Short rest recovery - (3d8)

(771) = 15

May 18, 2017 2:47 pm
"My guess is either that the jinn released some imprisoned fire elementals, or that Pafthinel did so as a means of defense. The participants may get skald-ed."
Last edited May 18, 2017 2:48 pm
May 18, 2017 9:24 pm
BullOctorok says:
~meanwhile~

The plan was for the rowboat to return to pick up the entire party after allowing them a few days to search.

Terra detects no traps, but can hear things moving through the brush and trees ahead. It's probably a walk of a little more than two miles to the hill where she saw the conflagration.
Terra calculated the distance in her head then watched to see where her owl went. Presumably she could trust it somewhat to lead her in a safe direction. Hearing the movement in the overgrowth, she gripped the machete and began to hack through the foliage, toward the group - or at least, what she hoped was the group.
May 18, 2017 11:00 pm
Small mammals scurry up trees and fling themselves from branch to branch as Terra hacks her way toward the hill.

~meanwhile~

Pulling Zangua away from his vigil over the pit, the party exits the cavern and descends the eastern slope of the hill. In the valley below, they pass splintered trees and large broken eggshells before crossing a muddy, watery ditch where clumps of sticky-leafed vines grow on either side.

With a loud, screeching hiss of steam and an unearthly wail, one of the living sheets of flame is somehow extinguished. The one remaining flies in a furious circle over the hilltop a few times before plunging back down to rejoin the battle.
May 19, 2017 12:14 am
"I'm moving ahead," Zangua huffs to the others as he hustles through the jungle.
OOC:
Using Dash action combined with Mobile feat.
May 19, 2017 5:56 pm
"You think she did this?" Domarc asks, looking at the splintered trees and broken eggshells.
May 19, 2017 6:16 pm
BullOctorok says:
Small mammals scurry up trees and fling themselves from branch to branch as Terra hacks her way toward the hill.
Terra checks behind her in case anything decides to get smart, and as she hacks away, she is making her way in the direction of where there is most smoke - assuming anyone there will probably need the most assistance to get back to the shore fastest. She calls out to her owl companion to see if she can talk to it, ask it to lead her toward the party if it has seen them.
OOC:
Want to Speak With Animals - ask Swift for directions.
May 19, 2017 8:19 pm
"Humans in the valley, walking toward the fire," the owl tells Terra.

~meanwhile~

The slime on the eggshells is somewhat dried, suggesting that they were broken before the jinn made her escape from the cavern.

Zangua forges ahead, beginning his ascent of the eastern hill.
May 20, 2017 1:43 am
nubs says:
"You think she did this?" Domarc asks, looking at the splintered trees and broken eggshells.
Leth glances at it. "My guess? This is the work of some local creature, if those bird-lizards we ran into earlier are any indication of what we might run into on this island... which is to say, literally anything." He looks back towards the direction of the fighting. "We should keep moving." He says, and begins following Zangua as best he can, although now keeping a sharper eye out for dangers in the woods.
OOC:
Assuming we're still in an area that counts as "forest", I'm gonna claim the benefits of my favored terrain...
Quote:
..."Even when engaged in another activity while traveling (foraging, navigating, tracking, etc) Leth remains alert to danger"
We also can't get lost except by magic and difficult terrain doesn't slow us down. I thought about stopping to do some tracking on those egg shells, but I figured we're pretty pressed for time at the moment...
OOC:
Edit: forgot to roll my hit dice...
Last edited May 22, 2017 5:58 pm

Rolls

hit die - (1d10+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

hit die #2 - (1d10+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

May 20, 2017 12:19 pm
BullOctorok says:
"Humans in the valley, walking toward the fire," the owl tells Terra.
Terra continues to hack her way in the direction of the party, reaching out to her owl for guidance.
OOC:
How long will it take for her to clear a path toward them? I know she can continue talking to her owl for 10 minutes at a time.
May 22, 2017 4:37 pm
I think let's just let the editing room work a little magic here

When Terra reaches the base of the hill, the fire creature is keeping itself high in the sky, occasionally divebombing the large dark figure battling it on the hilltop. She can see the others up ahead, ascending the western slope of the hill.

~meanwhile~

As the party climbs toward the scene of the battle between the jinn and the flame, something catches Felor's eye: a figure, evidently human, starting up the hill below them, maybe a quarter-mile away.
May 22, 2017 5:58 pm
Terra keeps under the shade of any canopy available and tries to avoid being spotted by the creature. She looks to see if she can get the attention of the party. She can't be certain she got their attention, and continues to make her way closer to the party.

Would like to cast Hunter's Mark please on the creature.

As she weaves her way through the trees, she prepares her bow and arrow, fixes on the creature as she walks, and stays wordless as she focusses.
May 23, 2017 11:07 am
"Wait, who's that down there?" Felor motions the party to a halt, pointing out the figure further down the hill.

Can I tell it's Terra from this distance?
May 23, 2017 2:49 pm
Mordred continues to advance on the peak, keeping as stealthy as possible.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+6)

(8) + 6 = 14

May 23, 2017 4:07 pm
Zangua is too far ahead to see Felor's gesture, and continues rushing up the hillside towards the conflagration.
May 23, 2017 4:14 pm
Felor squints at the figure in the distance.

Rolls

Perception check - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

load next

Thread locked